Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Oct 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3772473)   #16
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like cars to be much more powerful, rather than removing the mid-race car swap.

Nevertheless, I have enjoyed some races. Some racetracks are better than others.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3773762)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nissan is back to a major motorsport championship.

To make it cheap, it's just a rebrand of Renault e.Dams.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e...mula-e-964388/
Old 25 Oct 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3776377)   #18
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder how that effects Buemi, I’m sure Toyota won’t be happy to see him driving a Nissan.
Old 6 Nov 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3779037)   #19
HighParker
Rookie

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Formula E race seems to have been a significant issue in yesterday's municipal election in Montreal, where the incumbent mayor (Coderre) lost, and the new mayor (Plante) "has said that if she were elected, she would hold the race at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve or cancel it altogether, if possible."
Old 3 Dec 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3784863)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strange races; Bird dominant in race 1, even with a drive through still wins by over 10sec.

Then Mortara dominating race 2, only to make a small mistake. Very unfortunate for him. But the pace of the Venturi I'd say he'll be winning at some stage. That would have been Venturi's first win right? Oh well all the fans must be happy, the fan favourite won Mortara was fast in race 1 too, going 19th to 7th I think.

Rosenqvist very fast again like last year, championship favourite now? He was faster than Mortara, closed several seconds in the second stint, but not a clean weekend for him at all. He could have won both races.

Buemi, while fastest in practice 3, perhaps the DAMS car isn't as good on race pace and saving battery this year? He was in a lap earlier than everyone in race 2, and Prost wasn't much better. The look of Buemi during qualifying looked like he was about to kill someone. Was it Prost that hit the wall in quali then continued dragging signage around with him that got caught up with another car? How on earth does he get to finish the lap and start 18th without any penalty?

Much like Mitch in the Jag, fastest in both qualifying sessions (though the first one didn't count, and they conveniently didn't actually tell us what that lap was), fastest in practise 2 by a good margin, he, Buemi and Felix look to be fastest on raw speed, but obviously the Jags can't save juice because he wasn't fast in the race. Race 1 he was nowhere (although did start from the back of the grid and Lotterer strangely dropped 4sec off the pack on the restart, I guess there's no penalty for not maintaining 10 car lengths as in F1), but Mitch spent a large portion stuck behind Kobayashi and couldn't pass. I have to wonder if his second car is hugely faster than his first car though, as he only lost 2 secs in that last stint and even Lynn started with 5% more power but ended using it all up then running out. I don't know why Mitch started 4th after qualifying 2nd, though. Good job commentators.

And what happened to Bird and his pace from race 1? Perhaps they all caught him a little bit for race 2 and he couldn't find as much.

Abt fast in both races too actually, Audi still obviously fast but some average performances from the champ. Much like last year.

Di Grassi and Buemi 0 points from 2 races, how awesome is that? They'll need to play catch up for a while. People whinge about Hamilton, but he seems like an angel compared to Buemi when things don't go right for him. At this rate it probably is Rosenqvist looking best, but I hope it's a close season with lots of different winners. Just a shame it's the usual drive 3sec off the pace rubbish to get to the finish.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3784905)   #21
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much Vernon Kay but yes, weird races with the championship favourites both not scoring in either. And the leader spinning at the start and at the end of the race? At least this doesn’t seem like it will be as easy for Audi as some feared.

Exit: oh, abt got disqualified from his first win, so Rosenqvist wins despite pointing the wrong way for part of the race, and Buemi now scores a whole point.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3784914)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it just me or are some of these reasons for disqualifications and penalties for stuff that even a one man and his mates effort in a clubbie series wouldn't get hauled up for?
Old 3 Dec 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3784927)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
is it just me or are some of these reasons for disqualifications and penalties for stuff that even a one man and his mates effort in a clubbie series wouldn't get hauled up for?
Same can be said for the driving. All of these drivers are proper professionals, yet you put them in these cars and they drive like Rob Austin having a stroke.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3784956)   #24
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Yes, rather pathetic for Audi. Someone needs to get a grip.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3784970)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I watched yesterday and I get what they are trying to achieve with Formula E

but i dont get what host countries get out of it, the crowd is poor, surely it must be hard to argue for an economic benefit
Old 3 Dec 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3784971)   #26
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Same can be said for the driving. All of these drivers are proper professionals, yet you put them in these cars and they drive like Rob Austin having a stroke.
They do seem quite loose though, quite hard to drive. Which makes it very interesting to be honest rather than glued to the track F1 cars. I like it. Although it does make the drivers look a little silly (Felix spinning at the first corner all his own, for instance).

All the technical penalties are a disaster though. And not Abt DSQ because he didn't have the correct sticker.

F1 must laugh at it sometimes with some of the oddities of this series. The silly "dramatic" music that plays at the start of the race and when their lights system went down it just kept repeating. Your first weekend back FE and you manage to cock up the entire start and put them behind the SC.

If this series wasn't promoting a clean green electric future (thus the interest of top drivers and manufacturers) I don't think it would have lasted 4 seasons.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3784975)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
They do seem quite loose though, quite hard to drive. Which makes it very interesting to be honest rather than glued to the track F1 cars. I like it. Although it does make the drivers look a little silly (Felix spinning at the first corner all his own, for instance).
i think that's a lot to do with the track surface. it looks like rallyx drivers would have more relevant skills on some of those circuits than your average gt or single seater driver.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3785007)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The spins from a low grip surface are expected, but they pull moves which in another series would have you penalised. And this, forcing your way back into the pack after a spin would have you sent home from the circuit in most series. These are all professional drivers, and they drive like they've never sat in a car before.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3785065)   #29
smithhehehaha
Rookie

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Local fans thinks the current Hong Kong track is to dull for racing even though some challenging overtakes occurs during the weekend
Old 4 Dec 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3785100)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The spins from a low grip surface are expected, but they pull moves which in another series would have you penalised. And this, forcing your way back into the pack after a spin would have you sent home from the circuit in most series. These are all professional drivers, and they drive like they've never sat in a car before.
do you think the circuit layouts encourage that kind of nonsense though? the clips i've seen from hong kong suggest it's more of an indoor kart track layout than a proper street circuit...