Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Dec 2002, 16:19 (Ref:449857)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OFFICAL ETCC Calender announced!

Heres the offical calender for the ETCC and FIA GT series..http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1 looks like a great line up. Shame they have lost a round.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 16:55 (Ref:449878)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Alternatively, you could have just posted the dates..

06.04 E Barcelona
27.04 F Magny-Cours
25.05 CZ Brno
29.06 GB Donington Park
27.07 B Spa-Francorchamps
07.09 S Anderstorp **
21.09 D Oschersleben
05.10 P Estoril
19.10 I Monza

** Subject to the FIA Homologation of the circuit, with a number of improvements to be made including garages, Video control and run-off areas.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 19:47 (Ref:449968)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, didnt bother to copy it down, didnt see the point. The link is relevant to the topic after all.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 14 Dec 2002 at 19:55.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 19:57 (Ref:449977)   #4
Turkington Fan
Rookie

Turkington Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seems like you're on commission from crash.net . Which is a load of rubbish I may add.

Last edited by Turkington Fan; 14 Dec 2002 at 19:59.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 20:01 (Ref:449981)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No, im not working for them in any way shape or form. When I joined the forum it stated u may add links to the post if its relevant to the subject, this is. Also if u care to go to crash.net and try and copy and paste any news article from their site u will find it wont let u. Just because I didnt bother to sit here for 5 minutes and copy it out does not mean Im working for the website.

Gee, just thought Id post something that I thought people might be intrested in, its the offical calender after all. Also I think crash.net gets enough visitors without me helping to promote it dont u? It has many other names apart from crash.net after all in other countries. If its a load of "whatever" u want to call it in ur opinion why cant I find any info on other websites about the article.

Thanks for the compliment though - i take it as one Id love to work for them but, I dont.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 14 Dec 2002 at 20:04.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 20:22 (Ref:449988)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, no need to get your knickers in a twist folks. It's not such a big deal. I don't visit crash.net so can't comment on whether it's a good or a bad site.
Yes, we will ask people to post a link to a news story as that's better than posting information without crediting the source. I for one usually can't be bothered clicking on links for different stories unless someone says something that makes it sound like it'll be an interesting read.
As for the calendar, hmmm, no Silverstone then. I'll be interested to see the ETCC at Donington, didn't manage to get to that round this year.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 20:26 (Ref:449992)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Dito, I was at the Silverstone event though. Shame to axe Silverstone, only 9 rounds instead of 10 now also which I hope changes for 2004.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 10:31 (Ref:450983)   #8
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone is hopeless. If there is ever to be a second UK ETCC round it must be a Brands Hatch.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 13:48 (Ref:451126)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Nah no way, Silverstone is much better, the only reason that ETCC was axed there is because they belive the ALMS may still come along to Silverstone, especially considering its in May.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 13:50 (Ref:451130)   #10
Portello
Racer

Portello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks there won't be a second English date in 2003, but I expect another ETCC round to be announced, maybe at A1-Ring !?
Old 16 Dec 2002, 15:09 (Ref:451178)   #11
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Nah no way, Silverstone is much better, the only reason that ETCC was axed there is because they belive the ALMS may still come along to Silverstone, especially considering its in May.
I'm with Michael on this one, Silverstone is too much of an plain airfield track while Brands Hatch is much more thrilling to watch and driver from what I have heard from most of the drivers...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 15:20 (Ref:451185)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Im not really a fan of brands the track is so bumpy and theres not really all that many straights for overtaking, unless u use the GP layout. If u look at Brands the facilties arent as good as at Silverstone or Donnington, and with a big international crowd arriving the track isnt up to hosting the FIA GT cars and the ETCC boys.

Dont get me wrong, brands does have a lot of overtaking which is good, but then Silverstone has plenty of overtaking opportunites as well as good viewing spots ie woodcote and brooklands.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 21:13 (Ref:451396)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh dear. have you ever been to brands hatch? it's got far more good viewing spots than silverstone, which is absolutely useless in comparison.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 15:32 (Ref:451879)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
It dosent have the facilties though to accomidate the FIA GT, and ETCC though as well as Formula Renault V6 cars and Renault clio cup cars. The BTCC and the British GT series and F3 yes, but not the Super Racing Weekend tours.

And yes I have been to Brands to a BTCC round in 2000 and for me at least Silverstone wins hands down.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 21:58 (Ref:452143)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
of course it does. so there's not room for the tractor units to the nice shiny trucks in the paddock? spectators can't always get in the paddock at silverstone. the outer paddock at brands is huge. plenty of room. if not, well, they have to cull the fields for the race anyway, even at silverstone, if 10 cars earlier...

on this occasion i totally disagree with you. brands hatch is the best track we have, silverstone's just a disused airfield. if we want to show european series our best facilities, we do that with donington, which really does have a huge paddock, and brands hatch, which is a brilliant circuit for drivers and spectators alike. if anyone else disagrees with me they're mad.

(ps i do get what you're saying, but i just can't understand why you'd like a track where you need a telescope to follow the action on track at one corner)
Old 17 Dec 2002, 22:08 (Ref:452153)   #16
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forza brands hatch!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 22:08 (Ref:452155)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
For me though Silverstone has the facilties that Brands hatch dosent, also for me being along the hanger straight - towards the end is one of the best viewing areas I know along with Brooklands and Woodcote, as for needing a telescope, nah at Woodcote ur like 10 metres away and see the cars for around 30 seconds a lap u see them come into Priory and Brooklands and back down the main straight.

As for Brands being the best facilty, in my eyes no. Silverstone for my money is the best closely followed by Rockingham and then Donnington then Brands. To the best of my knowledge this year Brands didnt hold any international events, there has to be a reason for this. Next year it looks like getting CART but this year it hasnt had any. Compare it to Donnington which has the ETCC, FIA GT, DTM, and the new Formula Renault V6 series and Silverstone with the F1 GP and possibly a ALMS round as well as International F3000. As for Rockingham well okay the track dosent have any international races either but well its a new track and people are slowly beginning to like it and the BTCC may end up visiting there soon, Rockingham is the newest and with regards to safety and viewing probably the best track in the UK.

(p.s lets just agree to disagree on this.)
Old 18 Dec 2002, 10:31 (Ref:452526)   #18
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the UK is blessed with great circuits, much more than some of the stupid tracks we have to put up with here in Australia.

i just don't like Silverstone. it seems remote and lacking in character. but it is fast.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 15:17 (Ref:452724)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
lol ask Michael Schummacher if he thinks it lacks Charchter after 99 I bet he woudnt.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 20:53 (Ref:452912)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
paddock hill bend seperates the men from the boys. 99th lap or 1st lap. like copse with balls.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 00:04 (Ref:453058)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The old Silverstone used to be a belter, in fact I think the layout they used between 1991-1993 was great.
The layout with the; Old copse, the new maggots, beckets, chapel complex, the sharper copse, the new club, the old abbey - (ahh memories of Abbey), with the blinding fast entry into Bridge, etc etc.

Actually I really do miss the "old" Silverstone. I miss the old fast Stowe and Club corners, though the best bit of track had to have been the old fast entry into Bridge.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 00:29 (Ref:453076)   #22
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
The "old" Silverstone was a bit before my time Im afraid. Didnt start watching racing properly until 1994.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 17:10 (Ref:456253)   #23
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Brands is great - and much better for track-side spectating than Silverstone.

But the facilties rule it out - how many safety car periods could you fit into a 3 hour race becuase someone got stuck in the gravel and there isn't a proper snatch facility??

Back to the no Silverstone because of ALMS possibilties - why not go back to a joint race as with 2000?? (veering towards wrong forum here!!)
Old 23 Dec 2002, 18:35 (Ref:456296)   #24
Nicke
Rookie

Nicke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see that Anderstorp still has one event.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 19:32 (Ref:456350)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Asp I agree, Brands hatch would be a death trap waiting to happen, seems crazy to me that they are contemplating having a CART race there next year, still I will be there.