Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4047797)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The video is available on Amazon Prime if you are a member.
Old 25 Apr 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4047828)   #52
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
I read the book years ago but didn't realise there was a documentary until a few days ago. Would be interested to see. But yeah, I echo other peoples' comments. There was no doubt Tommy was talented in the driver's seat and that, perhaps, his lack of funding and "rough and tumble" attitude were setbacks. I distinctly remember him mentioning a meeting with Ron Dennis in the early 80s as leaving the impression that he wasn't cut out for the higher echelons of motorsport from a personal point of view (at least on Ron).

But whereas he could have "played the game" and developed his personal attributes to match what was required of a top F1 teams, I understand that he kind of gave them a proverbial "two fingers", perhaps thinking his speed would talk for itself. And then he got saddled with an Ensign (I think it was) and thus he is barely remembered. Depressingly and criminal waste of talent were two good descriptions alright. Bit of sour grapes for good measure too.
Even worse a Theodore - which Rosberg Snr won the International Trophy and Silverstone in - by default not by speed - but anyone who followed must have been viewed as not up to scratch
Old 25 Apr 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4047836)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember it well. Back in the days before he called himself "Keke" and the Motoring News headline read:

"Keijo who? Driving a what?"

Most of the stars were in the Woodcote catch fencing, Keke literally sailed through to win. It was main wet, as we say in these parts.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Apr 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4047861)   #54
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting anecdote there about Rosberg and the Theodore. Mad to think that F1 teams would not have taken context into account when comparing Theodore drivers thereafter. Though, I feel ending up at any of those struggling teams which made up numbers in the 70s, 80s and early 90s was pretty much a sure-fire way to stall your career regardless of your natural talent. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 08:47 (Ref:4047865)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
1978 was the first year Theodore ran it's own car, although they used a Wolf for the second half of the season. They didn't compete in 1979, but returned in 1980 to run the Shadow team before they pulled out. They returned running their own car again in 81 and competed until the end of 83, with them merging with Ensign at the end of 82 and running Ensign N181Bs rebadged as Theodore N183s
Old 26 Apr 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4047910)   #56
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
1978 was the first year Theodore ran it's own car, although they used a Wolf for the second half of the season. They didn't compete in 1979, but returned in 1980 to run the Shadow team before they pulled out. They returned running their own car again in 81 and competed until the end of 83, with them merging with Ensign at the end of 82 and running Ensign N181Bs rebadged as Theodore N183s
Cluster-fook. Cheers for the info.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4047996)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The '78 Rosberg IT winning 'Theodore' was essentially a Ralt RT1 with Duckworth Four Valve bolted on!