Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Nov 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3939178)   #926
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
6 characters huh?

#Plato

#Flash

#av it

#HARD!
C R E E S Y

Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3939182)   #927
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
How very coy...

Wonder if it's more reliable than the source that predicted Goff, Sutton, Cook and Proctor would all depart the grid for the 2019 season?
Or the one that confirmed that none of the HARD drivers had the budget for a full season?

It's been seen before, and I'm sure it will be seen again - throw enough rumours out and some will come true...
Oh it's easy to be wise after events change, Cook had told me face to face he didn't think he'd be on the grid, Goff wasn't until a last minute change at Team Hard, only BMR getting their act together gave Sutton & Proctor ride (a lot of people didn't expect them back).

With Team Hard did we not notice all drivers adding new sponsors throughout the year, (as many do), allowing them to finish the season. So I stand by my statement and never said they wouldn't stay, just shows what can change, just ask Mike Bushell.

Rumours are rumours for a reason, if I was stating fact or saying 'this will happen' I understand your comments. Apologies if I've heard something you haven't, yes it is just a rumour, but one I thought worth sharing.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3939195)   #928
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
With Team Hard did we not notice all drivers adding new sponsors throughout the year, (as many do), allowing them to finish the season.
It's not always about finishing off the season, it is also about having sponsors interest in place for the following season.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3939197)   #929
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rumours are rumours for a reason, if I was stating fact or saying 'this will happen' I understand your comments. Apologies if I've heard something you haven't, yes it is just a rumour, but one I thought worth sharing.
I agree - rumours are just that.
My questioning of them is more based on how much weight and reliability we might attach to these rumours.
If a source of a rumour is not revealed, the only option available is to consider previous rumours from the same channel.

A press release - probably a reliable source.
A statement attributed to an individual in a team - fairly reliable.
A comment or observation from someone outside a team (such as a pundit or journalist) - can be expected to come from discussions within the paddock.
A rumour where the source is given as nothing more than 'someone who knows things' - unreliable.

Rumours that have been brought to the forum so far:
Jan 18:'On the subject of MG's expect at least a rookie piloting one '
MG's were entered with two experience drivers.
Feb 18:'A 36 year old driver allegedly'
Driver turned out to be 28
Jul 18:'AmD have filled Boardman's seat. Will be interesting to see who makes the announcement first.'
Which turned out to be unrelated. Easily claimed after the event to have been inside knowledge that didn't pan out.
Jul 18:'He should be testing st Snett'
None of the drivers testing at Snett ended up in the seat being referred to.
Aug 18:'Newsham with AmD for Knockhill'
Didn't happen.

So as you can see - with a track record of rumours that are not always accurate, it is difficult to determine how much faith we should put in new information.
Someone with close links to a team could mean anyone from the team principle, to a driver, mechanic, publicity rep, caterer or even the family member of a grid girl.

On this one - I'll not hold my breath on it being correct for a while, until something comes out from either driver or team. I'm not seeing a reason for a table update yet.
Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3939207)   #930
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree - rumours are just that.
My questioning of them is more based on how much weight and reliability we might attach to these rumours.
If a source of a rumour is not revealed, the only option available is to consider previous rumours from the same channel.

A press release - probably a reliable source.
A statement attributed to an individual in a team - fairly reliable.
A comment or observation from someone outside a team (such as a pundit or journalist) - can be expected to come from discussions within the paddock.
A rumour where the source is given as nothing more than 'someone who knows things' - unreliable.

Feb 18:'A 36 year old driver allegedly'
Driver turned out to be 28
Jul 18:'AmD have filled Boardman's seat. Will be interesting to see who makes the announcement first.'
Which turned out to be unrelated. Easily claimed after the event to have been inside knowledge that didn't pan out.
Jul 18:'He should be testing st Snett'
None of the drivers testing at Snett ended up in the seat being referred to.
Aug 18:'Newsham with AmD for Knockhill'
Didn't happen.

So as you can see - with a track record of rumours that are not always accurate, it is difficult to determine how much faith we should put in new information.
Someone with close links to a team could mean anyone from the team principle, to a driver, mechanic, publicity rep, caterer or even the family member of a grid girl.

On this one - I'll not hold my breath on it being correct for a while, until something comes out from either driver or team. I'm not seeing a reason for a table update yet.
God my track record is pretty pants 😂

I'll try harder 😉
Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3939209)   #931
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I'll try harder 😉

Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3939210)   #932
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

I'll try harder 😉
In fairness, there have been some more accurate rumours:

'It's the boxer engine still being used, just been tuned by Swindon, now.

I heard that the reason there wasn't much running by BMR at Media day and comparative lack of times, was due to the engines being on restricted mileage.'

'One driver has already exited Team HARD'

'If that means [Moffat] selling the Merc & or loaning out their TBL'

'Smiley will be a shoe-in for one of the new BTC [] FK8's'

'Plato won't be at BMR for 2019'

'One of the [WSR] seats will be occupied by Tom Oliphant'

'Ash I believe [at BMR].'

'Dan Lloyd, [] missing from the 2019 grid'
Old 8 Nov 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3939259)   #933
Overboost
Racer

Quote:
In fairness, there have been some more accurate rumours:

'It's the boxer engine still being used, just been tuned by Swindon, now.

I heard that the reason there wasn't much running by BMR at Media day and comparative lack of times, was due to the engines being on restricted mileage.'

'One driver has already exited Team HARD'

'If that means [Moffat] selling the Merc & or loaning out their TBL'

'Smiley will be a shoe-in for one of the new BTC [] FK8's'

'Plato won't be at BMR for 2019'

'One of the [WSR] seats will be occupied by Tom Oliphant'

'Ash I believe [at BMR].'

'Dan Lloyd, [] missing from the 2019 grid'

Old 8 Nov 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3939264)   #934
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Try #HARDer even
Old 10 Nov 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3939682)   #935
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This one was probably correct at the time. A driver who had previously been in Clios had an agreement to race for BMR, but was subsequently offered a paid GT4 drive and did that instead.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3939692)   #936
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Personally speaking I'd rather see/hear any rumour anyone has picked up.

Only time will show the reality from belief/hope/intention. Or that something changed between rumour and a deal being done. Or a deal being undone...
Old 10 Nov 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3939732)   #937
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes it is a bit quiet at the moment. Hoping to find a few leads to potential seats in 2020
Old 10 Nov 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3939734)   #938
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well a #HARD announcement is due very soon. Might be young Max Coates.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3939747)   #939
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Simpson isn't entering next year...
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3939748)   #940
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Apparently Simpson isn't entering next year...
Expected this. Where did you hear that?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3939751)   #941
Pickles
Veteran

He was at the NEC this weekend and apparently said that he wasn't entering, saw it posted on Facebook so take a guess at how reliable that may or may not be
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3939754)   #942
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...which, if it pans out, bears the bigger question. Who's got/ getting the TBL?

I could see Bartie after it (to replace the loan one from Belcher/ HMS) if he's got a pipeline of drivers/ sponsors, but not heard a Motorbase related squeak other than that Sonic has been talking to other people.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3939757)   #943
Pickles
Veteran

I had heard a rumour that Carl Boardley was going to be driving Simpson's car... Boardley isn't short of a quid... Could he be looking to buy the car and TBL and run it himself?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3939763)   #944
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goff stays.
https://www.team-hard.com/jacks-back...btcc-campaign/
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3939764)   #945
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Such a waste... very very surprised that Jack wanted to stay.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3939765)   #946
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
I had heard a rumour that Carl Boardley was going to be driving Simpson's car... Boardley isn't short of a quid... Could he be looking to buy the car and TBL and run it himself?
Or perhaps Simpson to run Simpson Racing with Boardley driving?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3939766)   #947
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Such a waste... very very surprised that Jack wanted to stay.
It’s the only seat he could hope to get for 2020, so no great surprise.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3939767)   #948
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Or perhaps Simpson to run Simpson Racing with Boardley driving?
The way that I read it was Simpson was pulling out entirely, but I originally heard that was an option
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3939768)   #949
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The way that I read it was Simpson was pulling out entirely, but I originally heard that was an option
Any links to the Facebook posts?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3939770)   #950
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Any links to the Facebook posts?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BTCCBARMYARMY/permalink/10157645002883374/