Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:36 (Ref:716019)   #1
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshal of the Event

Were you guys and girls aware that one of the photographers has a marshal of the event section on his website. He focuses on Touring car events and so some of the names on the Oulton BARC sheet are pictured. I think it's a good idea and the pictures are surprisingly good. Well, he is a good photographer I was just thinking of the subject matter he has to work with!!!

Anyway have a look at www.aj-photo.co.uk for yourself.

sue
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:07 (Ref:716044)   #2
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it.

ian
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:08 (Ref:716045)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant idea and you even get a little bit about the marshal as well. Recognition at last huh!!!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:43 (Ref:716072)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Oh that's Andrew Jackson - he's a sweetie - ex-marshal and gave us some really nice stuff for the marshals' draw for the BTCC in Mondello
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:44 (Ref:716073)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Ok that's freaky - I know most of those marshals!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:56 (Ref:716090)   #6
manicmarshal
Racer

Best watch out for Mondello BTCC next year then EP. He may be after you?!!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:03 (Ref:716099)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Nah, I'm known for my non-photogenicness!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 17:46 (Ref:716722)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw Shiela being photographed (she was on our post) and wondered what it was about. Nice one!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:04 (Ref:716821)   #9
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Andrew!!

Old 24 Sep 2003, 21:47 (Ref:729163)   #10
woody148uk
Rookie

woody148uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to see one of his friends won it for oulton park
theres a surprise
well done
Old 25 Sep 2003, 07:31 (Ref:729441)   #11
manicmarshal
Racer

Not sure I wanted to be picked on for that event... but at least I will be left alone for the future.. watch out the rest of you.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 08:07 (Ref:729465)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - I love the pic

Still vaguely disturbed that of all the pics that have appeared so far, there's only two people that I haven't met! I'm not sure if this means that I'm spending too much time hanging around UK circuits or that it's just that the only marshals I meet are the ones who are too slow to run away from photographers (and therefore too slow to run away from me! )

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 25 Sep 2003 at 08:07.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:01 (Ref:729848)   #13
ajphoto
Rookie

ajphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there, I would like to thank everybody for their kind comments about our Marshal of the Event page, we felt that we would like to give you guys & girls the recognition we felt you deserved.

We are however a little disappointed at the comments made by Woody148UK, I don't know who you are, but considering my friends have marshalled at all the BTCC events this year I think they have as much right as anybody to be praised for their efforts.

The Marshall of the Event is not a competition it is just a way for the general public to learn a little more about marshals and maybe it might even encourage a few new recruits.

All the best for the off season to you all, see you next year.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:23 (Ref:729868)   #14
woody148uk
Rookie

i take your comments and im not disappointed at all
what a pity u couldnt of looked at a marshal or marshals
that dont just do the BTCC meetings like some people who do clubs meetings week in and week out not just follow the BTCC meetings i wonder how many of those who came on sunday we will get this weekend at oulton or any other circuit
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:28 (Ref:729875)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
woody, how about you take a chill pill - it's Andrew's website, Andrew's camera and he's entitled to take photos of anyone he likes - particularly as he's a BTCC photographer.

All your comments are doing is managing to irritate yet another person who is trying to give the marshals free promotion.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:49 (Ref:729899)   #16
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
ok...while people realise that there are lots of marshals that just do the major meetings and not the clubbies...and it would be nice to ge some recognition for the marshals at the clubbies......at least this is trying to help....anyway if your marshalling for recognition....i think youve lost sight of why your marshalling in the first place.....i know why im doing this..its because i love the sport and id do almost anything to help it.....if i was on my own...in freezing cold weather in pouring rain on the back end of donington in a 24hr race with only 10 cars.....ID DO IT! simply because i love marshalling.

ANDREW i think your doing a great job...keep it up...oh and woody....try and do better if you can...i can understand your frustration... but maybe if you tried to do something like this then maybe you would understand how difficult it actually is!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:53 (Ref:730073)   #17
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I think the problem here is one of semantics. 'Marshal of the Event' implies that the subject has been chosen because his/her performance on the day, which is not, apparently, the case. Maybe 'A Marshal I Met' would be a better title.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 21:08 (Ref:730157)   #18
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Sue, what did you have to do to get marshal of the event?!!!!!!! Knowing your reputation, sure you could type it here in case of children reading!!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 21:14 (Ref:730167)   #19
woody148uk
Rookie

very true dave
it should be worded a little different like u say
its a great thing thats andrews doing im not knocking it at all how the way hes trying to help the marshals seeing has we are getting fewer and fewer each year
Old 26 Sep 2003, 08:18 (Ref:730514)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by woody148uk
i take your comments and im not disappointed at all
that dont just do the BTCC meetings like some people who do clubs meetings week in and week out not just follow the BTCC meetings i wonder how many of those who came on sunday we will get this weekend at oulton or any other circuit
Just on this - we had 40 UK marshals that came over to Mondello for the BTCC this year. We were delighted to see each and every one of them and we all had a great time. Hope to see you all again next year and I can assure you that no-one in Mondello is going to mind if you don't marshal the "clubbie" events.

We're just glad you make the effort to come.

Sorry other circuits don't feel the same way.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 10:18 (Ref:730603)   #21
manicmarshal
Racer

There are only 10 BTCC meetings a year.
I am certain that the marshals do other meetings too.
If we didn't do the clubbies as well we would have a boring year. Our club is BARC and as they organise BTCC that why there are some touring car regulars but there are a lot of other meetings we do too. I like to do 750 but had to pull out of a couple this year due to ill health. TRavelling round the country is fun and I think there is an advantage in having continuity of marshals for some championships. Not always practical I know but advantageous. I really would get bored if I stayed at one circuit all the time so whilst I am young enough and fit enough to do so I like to visit some of the others.

Any way off to Rockingham on Sunday see some of you there maybe for ASCAR. Wont be at Oulton again until next year but then I do live 5 hours away from there.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:26 (Ref:731341)   #22
Mr.Orange
Rookie

Mr.Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woody148uk
that dont just do the BTCC meetings like some people who do clubs meetings week in and week out not just follow the BTCC meetings
I won the 'Marshal Of The Event' (Rockingham)... Because it was BTCC, maybe? Or that I travel around the country, maybe?

Or maybe the fact I was at Oulton last week and Thruxton tomorrow and Castle Combe next weekend...!?

Will I see you at these Clubbies...!?
Old 26 Sep 2003, 20:29 (Ref:731344)   #23
Mr.Orange
Rookie

Mr.Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EvilPumpkin, Had a great weekend in Ireland... Abit wet though!

Next year should be dry... right!?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:27 (Ref:732725)   #24
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont care what the title is it is a great idea. Makes a change for a marshal to be in the scene and not the driver!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:53 (Ref:733642)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thoroughly agree. Brilliant idea!