Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jul 2012, 03:28 (Ref:3103611)   #251
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
I was at the race and this is the actual Quest and Ferrari crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qKnM8VUU4M
You did a better job at capturing the 52's crash than the ESPN/ALMS TV cameras did.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3103613)   #252
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I caught more, but I have to make the videos.
I'm looking for the ESPN version of the crash and I can't find it.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 03:47 (Ref:3103614)   #253
Guy S
Rookie

Guy S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
To put it in perspective, Dyson got a larger restrictor and a 30kg weight break, and still finished on the same lap as the two 2 LMP2 cars.

Muscle Milk lost 4 laps due to a transmission issue, and had to serve a stop & Go penalty at a 45 second a lap track,

Can I ask you where you get this information from because it's total ********, yes Dyson got a bigger restricter as did Muscle Milk what you have faild to report is that they got a .4 mm reduction before Sebring for WEC rules and races on that until now. That puts them about 30-40 hp down that's why they got a bigger gain compared to muscle milk as it was out of whack since Sebring. And the weight? Where is the 30 KG weight break bith carsvarevthe same....gets your facts right.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3103615)   #254
awegrzyn
Racer

Porsche off.

One more. Porsche 34 off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb8yGUEvayM
Old 8 Jul 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3103616)   #255
Guy S
Rookie

Dyson had a puncture lost 3laps, MM gained a wave by as a P2 car was leading overall which put them on the same lap, they're were quicker on the day. Look at Laguna to now, it takes time the Acura is a brilliant well sorted car with well sorted tyres.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3103617)   #256
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy S View Post
Dyson had a puncture lost 3laps, MM gained a wave by as a P2 car was leading overall which put them on the same lap, they're were quicker on the day. Look at Laguna to now, it takes time the Acura is a brilliant well sorted car with well sorted tyres.
Interesting Guy, puncture was never reported by ESPN2 (no suprise here) or the ALMS twitter feed, thanks for letting us know.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3103618)   #257
Guy S
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Interesting Guy, puncture was never reported by ESPN2 (no suprise here) or the ALMS twitter feed, thanks for letting us know.
Trust us it's frustrating for us too, getting the big tyre working is hard work Dunlop are doing an awesome job but we are the only team in the world running the 'Big' front dunlop tyre and we are working on getting it right. It was VERY hot yesterday in qualifying and you saw the potential the car is good but in today's race we lacked grip as it was much cooler... We will fix it but unfortunately it takes time.
Dunlop gave us brilliant tyres last year and are doing great with this one but we have to get the tyre/car working and it's not easy.
MM are in a car which essentially has been tweaked over 5 years in different forms with a small well sorted tyre, they are quick from the out lap it takes a lot longer and makes us slows through the traffic initially.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3103620)   #258
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
i'm absolutely fried from today.

here's the photos i took today..they're not that great.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=8117325252
Old 8 Jul 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3103627)   #259
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone else beginning to notice that the Morgan Judd is a LIVELY car. Everytime I see the car on track in races the drivers are pedaling that car hard. Tail wagging constantly! Looks fun!
Whereas the P2 acura just goes around likes its on rails. The Morgan is just so much fun to watch!
Old 8 Jul 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3103630)   #260
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On another note. I am absolutely begging Maranello to solve this 458 visibility issue. My heart could not take the sight of yet another beautiful Ferrari being binned!

Its clearly a Ferrari issue.Nearly all the accidents involve the rear end of a Ferrari and the front end of an LMP car..We can all do the math.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3103705)   #261
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it appears I won't be able to watch an ALMS race for a while. Laptop turned itself off twice in the 1st hour due to overheating so until I get a new one soon I'll have to part my ways from ALMS Interesting that it overheated twice in 1 hour yet I never get this with GT1 & GT3 which are an hour long too!
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3103753)   #262
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm honestly really gutted for the ESM guys. It's easy to make all the usual jokes or comments about gentleman drivers or whatever, but they seem to have really gelled and have started to get pretty consistent as of late. Ed Brown, who is not a pro, did a great middle stint keeping the 02 car on the lead lap and in contention for Cosmo to make that late-race charge. Pretty impressive.

I've never been the biggest fan of the LMPC cars, and much like gentleman drivers in GT, I don't begrudge anyone with the money to go racing with it, but I don't think they belong on track in the main show. Does anyone really care about them other than the people racing them? Does it really make sense to put amateur drivers in a prototype car which is faster than the Pro GT cars? LMP2 I can kind of get behind as it's at least not spec, but it seems to me the LMPC guys get very "my race" about getting past the GT cars, much more so than any others. How many good results have LMPC cars ruined for the real stars of the show, the GTs, since they were introduced?

Say what you will about GTC, but at least they tend to stay out of the way if they mess up. LMPC has the speed to just push the GTs out of the way, and ultimately most of those drivers are not ready for it.

I know IMSA loves the cash from having them on, but I'm ready to see LMPC say bye. Too many classes, too many incidents, too many bone-headed moves. And after all that the race ends under yellow.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3103784)   #263
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
agree with everything you say Mr WolfsburgRS
Old 8 Jul 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3103798)   #264
awegrzyn
Racer

Videos from Lime Rock

More spins and good sound in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoC3hv5eWWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLGDAvrPtU
Old 8 Jul 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3103802)   #265
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
agree with everything you say Mr WolfsburgRS
Personally, I'd rather have a sexy, V-8 sounding sports racer than more "Cup" cars that they already have a separate race for. But that's just me.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3103806)   #266
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Personally, I'd rather have a sexy, V-8 sounding sports racer than more "Cup" cars that they already have a separate race for. But that's just me.
Well yeah, ideally there would be some proper ground-pounding V8 powered LMP1/2 cars to replace them, but the honest truth is that the LMPC cars all sound a little...flat. It's not like they sound like the Corvettes. Or old IMSA GTO V8s from the 80s and early 90s, those sound amazing.

Cup cars are at least interesting to watch. (IMHO of course) When pushed they move, slide, roll, dip, dive, and generally look on-edge. LMPC cars just go around the track. Except when they're pushing other cars off course that is.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3103845)   #267
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My WAAAY to many photos from Lime Rock (204!): http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...20Lime%20Rock/

And three videos I also shot:
Race start: http://youtu.be/ghZMq8A7-P0
No-name straight action: http://youtu.be/ZeZ7DY-NFEE
Patron Ferrari punts the tire wall chicane at the uphill after missing the actual chicane: http://youtu.be/US1oW6pQ_40

My feet hurt, I'm burnt crispy in spots, and my back is killing me...
...but wouldn't trade it for anything
Old 8 Jul 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3103874)   #268
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I'm honestly really gutted for the ESM guys. It's easy to make all the usual jokes or comments about gentleman drivers or whatever, but they seem to have really gelled and have started to get pretty consistent as of late. Ed Brown, who is not a pro, did a great middle stint keeping the 02 car on the lead lap and in contention for Cosmo to make that late-race charge. Pretty impressive.

I've never been the biggest fan of the LMPC cars, and much like gentleman drivers in GT, I don't begrudge anyone with the money to go racing with it, but I don't think they belong on track in the main show. Does anyone really care about them other than the people racing them? Does it really make sense to put amateur drivers in a prototype car which is faster than the Pro GT cars? LMP2 I can kind of get behind as it's at least not spec, but it seems to me the LMPC guys get very "my race" about getting past the GT cars, much more so than any others. How many good results have LMPC cars ruined for the real stars of the show, the GTs, since they were introduced?

Say what you will about GTC, but at least they tend to stay out of the way if they mess up. LMPC has the speed to just push the GTs out of the way, and ultimately most of those drivers are not ready for it.

I know IMSA loves the cash from having them on, but I'm ready to see LMPC say bye. Too many classes, too many incidents, too many bone-headed moves. And after all that the race ends under yellow.
Who do you have issues with? Kimber-Smith isn't exactly an amateur, and he seemed to have caused the biggest of the incidents.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3103899)   #269
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Who do you have issues with? Kimber-Smith isn't exactly an amateur, and he seemed to have caused the biggest of the incidents.
Agreed, Fog. Lime Rock is our short track. Things are bound to get too close. Even without the PC and GTC cars Lime Rock was still a messy place. I can't remember if it was 2007 or 2008 the year when everybody hit pretty much everybody else. That was a top professional grid with tons of pro cars, no challenge cars and still there were contretemps.

I rather enjoyed the race Saturday. I'm glad the crowd (at least our hardcore ten-tenths friends) enjoyed the race. I was impressed with the crowd as well. I was worried the high ticket prices combined with the lack of on-track action would result in empty viewing areas, but not so. I'd still like to see the ticket prices decrease by 30% and Lites, GT3 Challenge and Star Mazda join the ALMS. Of course, over two days that makes for a busy, compact schedule.

Looking forward to Mosport!

Chris
Old 8 Jul 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3103920)   #270
amidst tundra
Racer

United Kingdom
Andover
amidst tundra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Well yeah, ideally there would be some proper ground-pounding V8 powered LMP1/2 cars to replace them, but the honest truth is that the LMPC cars all sound a little...flat. It's not like they sound like the Corvettes. Or old IMSA GTO V8s from the 80s and early 90s, those sound amazing.

Cup cars are at least interesting to watch. (IMHO of course) When pushed they move, slide, roll, dip, dive, and generally look on-edge. LMPC cars just go around the track. Except when they're pushing other cars off course that is.
I don't really buy that removing the LMPC class will see a flotilla of teams convert to LMP1/2. You'll probably see far less cars on the grid.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3103948)   #271
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
LOL http://youtu.be/US1oW6pQ_40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Anyone else beginning to notice that the Morgan Judd is a LIVELY car.
Isn't it Nissan-powered now?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3103953)   #272
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you have ESPN3 coverage, they have onboard and trackside front and rear shots of the Sharp/Leitzinger connection at 3:16. Both Hindy and Shaw marked it up to Ferrari's blindspots at the rear right quarter. Maybe they need to try moving the camera up to the backside of the roof onboard camera to have a wider angle view? Just offering a thought based on other's suppositions and having watched the roof onboard and the rear shot on ESPN3, feels like a wider angle could help eliminate some of the forum blame being thrown around. And could help ESM and others stay on track and reduce their repair bills.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3103964)   #273
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We might have to start all drinking Patron with every meal to keep ESM around. Any idea how many chassis they have gone through as a team in their history? Love the livery and they have brought some good money and advertising to the series but bad luck/strategy/damages like these and they'll be bound to run out of funds.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3104010)   #274
Articus
Veteran

Why dont they try shaking up the driver lineup. This time Sharpy and Brown in one car. Overbeek and Cosmo in the other car.

Is this how Johannes van Overbeeks career is going to finish. Didnt he win the ALMS championship with Bergmeister?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3104066)   #275
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Didnt he win the ALMS championship with Bergmeister?
No Bergmeister won his first ALMS title with the Lizards in 2008 with Henzler.
2007 was the only year Bergmeister ran with van Overbeek and they finished 2nd behind the Risi pair.