Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Sep 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3137910)   #276
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Pete 21,

I have put my thoughts down and sent them through to Hugo and Andy as requested.

Although the forum is both useful and entertaining, I agree with Stacy's comment on putting thoughts down and sending them to Andy and Hugo to be considered rather than making comments via a forum.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3137913)   #277
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
leecostelloracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree also but we was told to share our comments here so officals can see also
Old 18 Sep 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3138022)   #278
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, it would be the most fabulous 3 minutes I can imagine. Including foreplay. In contrast I had two green flag laps on Saturday so yes, you're right.

Lee, the trouble with forums is that only a percentage of the drivers read them, and fewer post. That means you get a very skewed view of the world and what's needed is a more holistic solution; hence the request to feed the organisers direct.

S.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3138023)   #279
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
people any constructive suggestions for next years series please email me direct

evolutionjoinery@live.com
Old 18 Sep 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3138031)   #280
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
We need a like button on here!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3138051)   #281
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Feel free to leave positive reputation...
Old 18 Sep 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3138061)   #282
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Old 22 Sep 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3139913)   #283
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm speaking personally now, and not on behalf of the club but many people said that they wanted a "special saloons or modsports revival" series for a long while; some series were promised but never happened and some seemed to be scams, but the CSCC - at some considerable expense to its own (its members) finances - went ahead and organised both the Revival test/ PR day and the Mallory Festival in 2011. Approx 45 cars turned out for the test day (albeit not all were runners!) and the club had decent grids for the 2011 August Bank Holiday meeting. Remember the entry fees for that test day and those races were (IIRC & I may not!!!) free or at least very heavily subsidised. That was CSCC members money.

Where are all those cars now? Its impossible to do what everyone wants but the club did what it thought the vast majority of Special Saloons/ Modsports racers wanted. I think its fair to say that that faith has not been repaid yet.

The club will still want this to succeed and will support it but small grids are not sustainable, not in the CSCC world anyway. Use it or lose it.

Andy has asked for ideas elsewhere, please support him. But, ideas need to be backed up with committments from racers so what is to be done?

Keep it as it is and the cars will come?

Change it in someway to make it more attractive?

Is the eligibility correct or should we open it up to general modified cars, rather than just those that ran back in the day? Maybe allow cars in from the old AMOC Super GT series, do we allow Eurocars in?

I'm not suggesting we should or shouldn't to any of these questions but something has to change to get a decent expectation of decent sized grids. REGULARLY.
Old 22 Sep 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3139929)   #284
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
^^^ Agreed!
Old 22 Sep 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3139932)   #285
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
I wouldn't worry about one space my car an me are defently in next year
Old 22 Sep 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3140030)   #286
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I'm speaking personally now, and not on behalf of the club but many people said that they wanted a "special saloons or modsports revival" series for a long while; some series were promised but never happened and some seemed to be scams, but the CSCC - at some considerable expense to its own (its members) finances - went ahead and organised both the Revival test/ PR day and the Mallory Festival in 2011. Approx 45 cars turned out for the test day (albeit not all were runners!) and the club had decent grids for the 2011 August Bank Holiday meeting. Remember the entry fees for that test day and those races were (IIRC & I may not!!!) free or at least very heavily subsidised. That was CSCC members money.

Where are all those cars now? Its impossible to do what everyone wants but the club did what it thought the vast majority of Special Saloons/ Modsports racers wanted. I think its fair to say that that faith has not been repaid yet.

The club will still want this to succeed and will support it but small grids are not sustainable, not in the CSCC world anyway. Use it or lose it.

Andy has asked for ideas elsewhere, please support him. But, ideas need to be backed up with committments from racers so what is to be done?

Keep it as it is and the cars will come?

Change it in someway to make it more attractive?

Is the eligibility correct or should we open it up to general modified cars, rather than just those that ran back in the day? Maybe allow cars in from the old AMOC Super GT series, do we allow Eurocars in?

I'm not suggesting we should or shouldn't to any of these questions but something has to change to get a decent expectation of decent sized grids. REGULARLY.
Good post Andy ! realistically what are the chances off getting the "famous" cars out as in 2011 the truth is I can't see a lot of them turning out to regular club meets ! Personally I trust in the CSCC and Big Andy to sort things out ! Like lee says I'm planing to enter all the rounds next year .
But one suggestion drop the registration fee and add it to the cost of the race entry pro rata .there are some of the original cars out there racing with clubs who don't charge it's all a question of luring them away or get joining for the odd round to bolster grids
Old 23 Sep 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3140169)   #287
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
maybe for rare stuff.like Baby Bertha etc especially in light of what happenedat Donington its time to adopt some of the American ways of racing these irreplacible classics.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3140190)   #288
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Surely most of the older classics will play if it is only a classic series (or for one big blue riband event), like what they were competing against back in the day but if it's also allowing the latter top level Thunderloons, and more modern interpretations like Joss's Sunbeam then the old cars don't stand much of a chance really.

It's tough to ge it absolutely right imo, but I like what Andy's tried to do to attract as wide a range of suitable cars from the whole era, and perhaps that format needs another year to develop and then take a view if the entry rules need changing?
Old 23 Sep 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3140238)   #289
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Its a funny one really there needs to be more social media to attract folk which ill take care of gotta few friends I can speak to perhaps telling folk they can build the next bertha type of car an race with there friends would attract a better out come rather than waiting for cars which am sorry but aint gonna be seen again?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3141074)   #290
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some one please rescue this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4250167.htm
Old 24 Sep 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3141088)   #291
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
needs more than rescuing andy
Old 24 Sep 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3141096)   #292
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Nothing what talent couldn't sort
Old 25 Sep 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3141226)   #293
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That's me out then!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3141285)   #294
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Haha nonesence al your a ledgend my man
Old 25 Sep 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3141380)   #295
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
bling bling

WITH A LITTLE BIT OF HARD WORK YOU CAN MAKE ONE LOOK AS GOOD AS THIS HE HE HE
Old 25 Sep 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3141487)   #296
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecostelloracing View Post
WITH A LITTLE BIT OF HARD WORK YOU CAN MAKE ONE LOOK AS GOOD AS THIS HE HE HE
Saw that one a few times this year - parked up in the paddock

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3141518)   #297
leecostelloracing
Racer

United Kingdom
peter kay land
Yes I couldn't afford to race this year david very gutting but
I've jsut set up a race car fibreglass panel buisness making bespoke an also production panels so year so in great spirit an penniless I brought it to set the mood off
But next year should be amazing
Old 25 Sep 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3141522)   #298
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
lee. race cars are like kids ,if you have to save up for them you can not afford them
Old 25 Sep 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3141525)   #299
pete21
Rookie

United Kingdom
Claverley Shropshre
pete21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
lee. race cars are like kids ,if you have to save up for them you can not afford them
Could never afford my kids!!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3141528)   #300
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
i could never afford to race ??