Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2003, 07:47 (Ref:814866)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice shiny new TEGA board..

It seems that the accumulated team owners and interested parties have finally seen sense and tidied up their arrangements surrounding the TEGA board.

The following appointments to the TEGA Board were ratified by the members (i.e. the teams with voting rights) at the TEGA AGM held yesterday:

Garry Rogers (Holden)
Mark Skaife (Holden)
Mark Larkham (Ford)
Mark Roworth (Ford)

With Paul Taylor being appointed the Category Technical Director (not sure this is a board post, just an industry-spec title)

Congratulations to all concerned. Thanks to the retiring board members, your contribution has been noticed.

Perhaps now, with the kind of new blood and substantial skill base increase available to the board, the anti-HMS rubbish will stop, and the board can construct and enaction strategy, to push the development of the category rather than firefight every step of the way.

A very good outcome!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:30 (Ref:814888)   #2
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Mark Roworth????
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:34 (Ref:814889)   #3
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well all Skaife has to do now is become a shareholder in TC's company and he'll be in everything. Personally i think it's a sad day for V8 supercars when Skaife is on the board as he'll try to ride roughshot over everybody. It's just the nature of the man.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:36 (Ref:814890)   #4
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Well all Skaife has to do now is become a shareholder in TC's company and he'll be in everything. Personally i think it's a sad day for V8 supercars when Skaife is on the board as he'll try to ride roughshot over everybody. It's just the nature of the man.
Totally agree! - he tries to be a dictator
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:38 (Ref:814892)   #5
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Awaiting Wizzby's reply!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:44 (Ref:814896)   #6
pete55
Veteran

Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:48 (Ref:814899)   #7
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Roworth Business Manager SBR
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:56 (Ref:814904)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you think about it, there is a lot of sense in bringing M.Skaife to the board table. Controlling the strongest Holden team in the series for many years, they would have a view on their own operation, on the operation of other teams, on the operation of the board, on the deals with AVESCO, and the commercial considerations of the sport, of which they have been a significantly successful entity for many seasons.

What you also forget however is that the new arrangement is structured in such a way that one board member will not be able to ride roughshod over the rest of them. It cant happen because of the calibre of the other people sitting on the new board, who wont put up with any shyt of proferred.

Here comes the beginning of something new and fruitful

The category will be better as a result of the appointments, not worse.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:05 (Ref:814911)   #9
pete55
Veteran

GTR, i'll reserve my judgement.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:40 (Ref:814922)   #10
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still wonder if Skaife might be overstretching himself. Owner, driver & now TEGA board member.
A lot of change from just driver 12 months ago.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:42 (Ref:814923)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct me if I am wrong, but I understood TEGA was still investigating the whole HMS ownership issue.

And just how can they objectively do this with the paper owner of HRT on their board???
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:45 (Ref:814925)   #12
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure that Mark will be fair and impartial. (Wizzby will back me up on that!)
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:49 (Ref:814929)   #13
RaceTime
Veteran

Whether he is or not - common sense dictates that he cannot be any part of the process in the determination they have to make - regardless of what Wizzby says
Old 18 Dec 2003, 10:34 (Ref:814957)   #14
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should just put wizzby on the board and let Skaife do the driving.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Dec 2003, 14:51 (Ref:815223)   #15
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama
Maybe we should just put wizzby on the board and let Skaife do the driving.
Fine with me
I'm not sure I like him on there either. He'd do a very good job at it I'm sure, but whether he can stretch to this and owner drive as well I don't know
Old 18 Dec 2003, 20:04 (Ref:815486)   #16
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
common sense dictates that he cannot be any part of the process in the determination they have to make
And while we're at it, let's put Brad Cooper in charge of the HIH inquiry. Or Kerry Packer on the Media Ownership tribunal. Or Saddam Hussein on the war crimes panel...

I have a lot of time for M Skaife (as he likes to call himself) but sitting on the board of the body that is supposed to be sorting out a contentious ownership issue is just plain wrong!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 20:13 (Ref:815490)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The pursuit of HMS amounts to not much more than a witch hunt. There is no significant evidence on the particular points of the regulations they are chasing the HMS organisation on that suggests they are operating outside the letter, spirit or intent of the TEGA rules.

As I stated earler, a new board without an anti-HMS paradigm will free up time to progress the category rather than attaining some level of revenge for something that in the cold heart light of day seems groundless on the basis of evidence and legal opinion acquired thus far.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 21:09 (Ref:815525)   #18
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The pursuit of HMS amounts to not much more than a witch hunt. There is no significant evidence on the particular points of the regulations they are chasing the HMS organisation on that suggests they are operating outside the letter, spirit or intent of the TEGA rules.

Whether within us or without The spell of this illusion be That witches us to hear and see. --Lowell.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 21:37 (Ref:815546)   #19
pete55
Veteran

We will see throughout the year if the decision is good or not. Will Skaife use his media connections to put the heat on other members of the panel or not to make decisions that maybe they don't want to? Will he be the spokesman for the group? It will be interesting to see how it pans out over the year.
I suppose one saving grace is having Mark Larkham on the board, he should be able to match Skaife.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 21:48 (Ref:815557)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If TEGA writes rules and they are unable to prove that someone operating under their guise is breaking the rules (despite anecdotal evidence suggesting otherwise) they need to take a long hard look at themselves and the investigations and the costs incurred to date.

I understand somewhere around $1m of the teams' money has been burned through legal costs incurred by TEGA to try and 'catch' HMS breaking the rules....

The same money could have gone back to the teams, been invested in a permanent facility for the TEGA & AVESCO groups to operate from, and earn income, or a whole other raft of opportunities. Instead, it has been wasted in an infantile muscle flexing exercise.

I have also been led to believe that the main protagonist in all of this, Mr O'Reilly, has yet to even visit the Clayton workshops of SHRT/KKRT/PWR. Which makes me wonder how he is able to comment on anything to do with these teams when he hasnt personally seen how they operate.

These are the kinds of things I struggle with...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:06 (Ref:815571)   #21
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to Average Punters sentiments, this is akin to having Skaife on the Safety Review Committee !!!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:11 (Ref:815579)   #22
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I have also been led to believe that the main protagonist in all of this, Mr O'Reilly, has yet to even visit the Clayton workshops of SHRT/KKRT/PWR. Which makes me wonder how he is able to comment on anything to do with these teams when he hasnt personally seen how they operate.
Ahhhh - but is this a case of O'Reilly not wanting to go there or, if anyone has been to HRT's workshops, a case of O'Reillys name being provided to the guards and he isn't allowed on the property
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:13 (Ref:815586)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Every request from TEGA for information regarding the ownership structure of SHRT/KKRT & PWR has been met.

That TEGA keeps asking the wrong questions and getting only the answers to these wrong questions, should suggest that the person asking for the information has no idea what they are looking for, and are suitably pleased with a disruptive fishing expedition.

Mark Skaife is a single participant on a 5 person (hopefully soon to be 7 person) TEGA board, such that he is unable to influence the other 4 board members in any manner other than facts and arguments presented.

Its not like he is chairman, or has been given the keys to the petty cash tin.....
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:15 (Ref:815590)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Ahhhh - but is this a case of O'Reilly not wanting to go there or, if anyone has been to HRT's workshops, a case of O'Reillys name being provided to the guards and he isn't allowed on the property
Well it depends if the guard dogs have been fed

I understand the invitation has been extended several times by each of the 3 teams operating from the Clayton Business Park, and for reasons not immediately clear, Mr O'Reilly has never taken them up on it.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 22:29 (Ref:815614)   #25
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Mark Skaife is a single participant on a 5 person (hopefully soon to be 7 person) TEGA board, such that he is unable to influence the other 4 board members in any manner other than facts and arguments presented.

Its not like he is chairman, or has been given the keys to the petty cash tin.....
He may only be one vote - but in a two-two or three -three tied vote, his could be the deciding vote. If that particular vote was on a question of HMS ownership then any vote he casts would have to be viewed with suspicion.