Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Jul 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1668089)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New entries for 2007..

So the certain, possible and rumored new entries for next year how it stands at the moment here in July:

Stefan Johansson is trying to bring back a team for 2007. Remember he had the American Team Sprit car in 2003.

Lets also not forget the Atlantic champion will have $2 million for a drive next year. So there is another entry. And other talented Atlantic drivers should make the jump as the field this year is the best its ever been and the competitiveness.

More likely then not Paul Stodart ex Minardi man will have a team next year.

Well and you know about Gelles racing and that they will have two cars for next year.

Its possible Rahal will have a team in Champ Car as well next year.

Then there is Polestar...

And of course all the possible rumors of Ganassi and Penske returning if there is no merger which has lately been denied but anything is possible with them.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1668143)   #2
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
So the certain, possible and rumored new entries for next year how it stands at the moment here in July:

Stefan Johansson is trying to bring back a team for 2007. Remember he had the American Team Sprit car in 2003.

Lets also not forget the Atlantic champion will have $2 million for a drive next year. So there is another entry. And other talented Atlantic drivers should make the jump as the field this year is the best its ever been and the competitiveness.

More likely then not Paul Stodart ex Minardi man will have a team next year.

Well and you know about Gelles racing and that they will have two cars for next year.

Its possible Rahal will have a team in Champ Car as well next year.

Then there is Polestar...

And of course all the possible rumors of Ganassi and Penske returning if there is no merger which has lately been denied but anything is possible with them.

I really dont think the Atlantic Champion will result in another entry, I think one of the teams are just gonna snatch him up and fire one of the drivers outhere now.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1668155)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
does the Atlantic champion have to go to champcars ?

I mean could he take the 2 million and go to europe or something ?

is there a rule stating he has to spend it on champcar ?
Old 30 Jul 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1668397)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty sure there is marcus. I vaguely recall Kalkhoven clearing that issue up previously.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1668998)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would $2m give you anything in F1, though?
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1669017)   #6
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would in GP2 and you would still spare half million
Old 31 Jul 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1669036)   #7
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it should be a $2 million CREDIT to use in the Champ Car series on some team...I mean, we ARE trying to build the series back up, right?
Old 31 Jul 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1669125)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The $2 million has to be used on a champcar ride. It's not $2 million cash to go party with.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1670068)   #9
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other considerations. Rahal brought the Gehl sponsorship to Gelles for Graham. Their other car I cannot see a sponsorship on. So if Rahal is coming what is to come of Gehl? Does Gelles have another sponsor? How about Rahal/Letterman/Gelles - RLG Racing? Also, if Graham tests with Newman Haas and gets a ride what is Bobby to do? I think it would be hard to have a team that you want to beat your own son. Answers?
Old 1 Aug 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1670074)   #10
racinthestreets
Racer

Looks like I was wrong about Gelles. Should have read more threads. Got my teams mixed up.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1670850)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gordon Kirby's latest article:

Quote:
Veteran crew chief Peter Parrott will run the Panoz testing program for Champ Car. Parrott worked for Penske for many years as Rick Mears chief mechanic. More recently he worked for Mo Nunn’s team. Parrott wants to put together his own Champ Car team and is the perfect choice to run the test program.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 06:14 (Ref:1672810)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ok thanks for clearing up the atlantic winners commitments guys , was just something I was thinking at the time.

at least we should see an atlantic driver in the series next year
Old 4 Aug 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1673028)   #13
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Graham Rahal (currently 2nd) wins it, should be quite interesting to see where he choses to race
Old 23 Aug 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1689993)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Champ Car is one of a few options for Buddy Rice next year he is quoted on saying...
Old 23 Aug 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1690034)   #15
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The more teams & drivers that we have in CCWS next year the better. I just hope a couple more teams after Gelles step up. A single Polestar entry is possible & I hope Paul Stoddart does manage to get Minardi into the championship. I doubt Rahal will run any cars in CCWS next year but it looks more likely for 2008. Both PacWest & EuroInternational want to return to the series with single entries but I have serious doubts either will make it, especially EuroInternational as money is a big problem for them.

Whatever, things are looking up for the series.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 24 Aug 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1690800)   #16
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that more than a few entries come along because I am tired of seeing 17 cars start each race.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1700735)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
According to Autosport; Another atlantics team is looking to move up to the CCWS for 2007.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1700813)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Mods: Sorry to double post.

From Autoracing1;

Quote:
New mega Champ Car team in works UPDATE #10 Latest word on this team according to AutoRacing1.com sources is that a lot depends on Robert Doornbos. If he finds a suitable ride in F1, that is where Muermans will back him and he probably will not fund a Champ Car team. However, if Doornbos does not get a fulltime 'regular' drive in F1, which appears unlikely at this time, the likelihood of Muermans funding a Champ Car team is very high. "Doornbos is Meurmans guy," the source told AutoRacing1.com.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1700814)   #19
falcons707
Rookie

United States
cali
falcons707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if anybody heard this but watching the grand-am race pacific coast motorsports will field 2 cars in champ car.They used to race atlantics.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1705265)   #20
racinthestreets
Racer

Lease Chasis, Engine and Tires

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/32370/

This can only be very good.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1705559)   #21
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a good idea. Whilst it might encourage a few of the less serious teams to join the series it may also bring in a few bigger, better teams which could really help the series. I just hope there is some kind of clause in the deal that stops teams turning up to one or two races & not the others blaming finance problems. It seems to me that the costs have been clearly laid out & so there should be no reason for lack of money to be the issue anymore.

Do we know whether any current teams are planning on using this yet? I know it's not meant for them but certainly for teams like Rocketsports, Conquest & Coyne it could be a help.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 9 Sep 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1705786)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
So how it stands??

Newman/Haas Racing::

Sebastien Bourdais - depending on if he gets a ride in F1 or not for 2007, I'd say unlikely however it is quite possible you'd think for 2008.

Graham Rahal - Quite likely, he has been linked with N/H. Graham wants to do Champ Car before he goes and tries to get into Formula 1. I'd expect this to be the line up for 2007.

Bruno Junquiera - If Graham doesn't join N/H I think Bruno would stay. We'll see however if this is the case and N/H could field a third car. I think its possible with the new cheap formula for next year IMO.

Forsythe Championship Racing::

AJ Allmendinger - With how he is currently doing awesome at the team and
their relationship you'd have to say he's certain to stay for 2007.

Paul Tracy - Signed a few months back to be at FCR for the next five seasons.

Third car from atlantics driver in their atlantics team?? Certainly a possible. Lets see if it happens. Quite possible one of the teans Atlantics drivers could make it to the team in a third car. Who knows.

RuSPORT::

Justin Wilson - Inevitable JW will be at RS next year.

Dario Franchitti?? - There are strong rumors that he'll take over from Da Matta for the rest of this year. He has been rumored to race for PKV next year. Da Matta?? - He should stay with the team depending on the fact if he can recover or not in time. Lets all hope kiki makes it for Las Vegas next year.

PKV Racing::

Dario Franchitti?? - There have been rumors that he has signed for them for 2007. Lets see what happens.

Neil Jani - Klein from F1 was originaly offered a place. Quite possible Jani will have that place now.

Oriol Servia or Kathrine Legge? Should be one or the other. I'm sure PKV will still field 3 cars for 2007.

Team Australia (Walker Racing)::

Alex Tagliani - I'd expect him to stay for next year.

Will Power - Same as the above.

Rocketsports Racing::

Pizzonia?? - I hope he's there for next year. Who knows with RR. They have had financial problems like a few other teams at the back. With the new formula for next year I think it is quite possible that they would be a solid 2 car team cosistenly next year.

?? - Kasemits, Pastorelli? Someone else?? Quite likely with the way RR go.

CTE / HVM::

Dan Clarke - This seems quite certain that he'll be there next year with his performance this year.

Nelson Philippe - Exactly as the same above.

MI-Jack Conquest Racing::

Ryan Briscoe - was linked at the start of the season with MJCR and tested with them a number of times. Andrew had the money to continue for the rest of the season. His performance has been disapointing of late. I think its between them two for next year. But Ryan may be in the IRL next year if he gets a ride...

Charles Zwolsman - Possible he'll stay there next year. I think IMO another atlantics driver could possibly take his place next.

Dale Coyne Racing::

Mario Domingeuz - He will probably stay for next season.

Jan Heylan - Same as above, he has been doing well under the circumstances. However who knows with DCR. Ronnie Bremer? Atlantics driver?

Pacific Coasts Motorsports::

Ryan Dalziel - Confirmed for 2007.

Alex Figge - Same as above.

Gelles Racing::

?? - confirmed they will have a 2 car team for next year.

??

Polestar::

??

??

Nuermans - Minardi::

- Could run ex F1 driver Doornbos next year.

Stefan Johansson::

He's trying to bring back a team for next year.

Pacwest::

Even talk of them looking to field a team next year.

If anyone else knows anything else or different let us know. Just its nice to take a shape of how things could look next year.

Last edited by luke; 9 Sep 2006 at 09:59.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1706186)   #23
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SpeedTV.com has an interview with Paul Stoddart about his Champ Car plans - it's available here.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1707527)   #24
D70s
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver
D70s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rumor I heard on Speed tonight was Katherine back to Polestar with help from Kalkoven if Polestar moves up. Not sure if that would be the best thing for her, but we'll see what happens.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1708011)   #25
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dario Franchitti told the Indianapolis Star this past weekend that no one from RuSport has contacted him about filling in for Da Matta

One American Open Wheel Series!