Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4142954)   #476
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on, gentlemen, you're being far too reasonable with on another. This is The Internet, you know!
Old 7 Feb 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4142960)   #477
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Come on, gentlemen, you're being far too reasonable with on another. This is The Internet, you know!
I've been busy. I'll try and lower the tone later though.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4142971)   #478
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I've been busy. I'll try and lower the tone later though.
That’s the spirit!
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4142981)   #479
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hey there are some things F1 fans will always agree on
Old 7 Feb 2023, 23:00 (Ref:4143048)   #480
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hey there are some things F1 fans will always agree on
Steady on!
Old 18 Jul 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4168927)   #481
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Strap yourself in - we can drop the civilised debate soon:

Fresh controversy looms as three teams set to breach cost cap

'according to a report by the Italian branch of Motorsport.com, once the FIA issues certificates of compliance with the 2022 cap, expected to arrive by the end of July, rumours indicate that a trio of teams will be found not to be in compliance.'
Old 18 Jul 2023, 18:02 (Ref:4168939)   #482
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last year it was Red Bull free food. This year it will be Mercedes and their budget for training Brad Pitt how to drive. Oh wait, I said I was done with that topic!

Seriously, I am sure we all wonder who it is and if there is any truth to the rumor.

Richard
Old 18 Jul 2023, 23:26 (Ref:4168965)   #483
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And I'm sure everyone's location, allegiance, and agenda will lead to judicial rulings on each team or driver's guilt relating to the cost cap.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 00:40 (Ref:4168967)   #484
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I totally agree that although called Red Bull PT their engine is really Honda.
It's called Honda RBPT on the entry list now, to distinguish from Ford RBPT which is completely separate.

Chassis: Red Bull Racing RB19
Engine: Honda RBPT RBPTH001
Old 19 Jul 2023, 00:49 (Ref:4168968)   #485
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Mr Domenicali prefers any cost cap penalties to be sporting sanctions rather than financial.Not sure that I agree with him completely - as a financial penalty reduces the effective spending capacity of a team in breach, so hits right where the rules break occurred. There ARE counter arguments however.

Between this story and the one linked in post #481 by crmalcolm, it appears that there may be teams in breach again this year - wonder if the FIA leaking system will leach out the names of the teams concerned in advance (again) or if they'll do the right thing and announce properly this time?
Old 19 Jul 2023, 01:13 (Ref:4168970)   #486
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There will be a certain irony if the suspected parties are found guilty, and they happened to be any of the teams refusing to agree to allowing new entrants on grounds of cost...
Old 19 Jul 2023, 02:23 (Ref:4168971)   #487
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
There will be a certain irony if the suspected parties are found guilty, and they happened to be any of the teams refusing to agree to allowing new entrants on grounds of cost...
That made me chuckle. So very 'do as I say not as I do' in every way.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 02:56 (Ref:4168974)   #488
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Mr Domenicali prefers any cost cap penalties to be sporting sanctions rather than financial.Not sure that I agree with him completely - as a financial penalty reduces the effective spending capacity of a team in breach, so hits right where the rules break occurred. There ARE counter arguments however.
I had to double check because I wasn't sure if it worked as you suggest or not. But I think Domenicali has it right. Per the cost cap regulations, a "financial penalty" is just that. You pay a fine. It is NOT a reduction in your next years cap. However the "sporting penalty" (which has two flavors of minor and material) have a number of things potential avenues including...

* Public reprimand (minor only)
* Reduction in constructor points
* Reduction in driver points
* Suspension from one or more stages of (or entire) competition
* Reduction in aero or other testing
* Exclusion from the championship (major only)
* Reduction of cost cap

In addition to the above, they can also put in place extra financial monitoring

So a "financial penalty" for a team with deep pockets just allows them to reach into their wallet and make it go away without any impact on future development. While a "sporting penalty" impacts the ability to make the car "go fast" and/or "win championships"

Richard
Old 19 Jul 2023, 03:36 (Ref:4168976)   #489
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Thanks Richard - must admit that I assumed a financial penalty for breaching cost cap requirements would come out of the next year's cost cap - sounds like I shouldn't have made that assumption.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4168990)   #490
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks Richard - must admit that I assumed a financial penalty for breaching cost cap requirements would come out of the next year's cost cap - sounds like I shouldn't have made that assumption.

And to add, we don't know how much the teams have spent already on next year's cars. Even if they get a reduced budget for next year, a team may have already designed and partially built, maybe completely built, an absolute rocket ship out of the box that then dominates the next season/s.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 10:53 (Ref:4169029)   #491
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would like to see better deterrent for those that do break the cap. It seems the financial penalty just isn’t enough
Old 19 Jul 2023, 11:22 (Ref:4169034)   #492
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Problem is you can calculate it ten times and get ten different answers.

The FIA is worried about legal action.

It was always going to be a nightmare to police, but I think is doing a good job nonetheless.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4169069)   #493
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It was always going to be a nightmare to police, but I think is doing a good job nonetheless.
right! this for me.

that they are actually finding teams in breach speaks to the fact that they are genuinely interested in monitoring the cap imo.

gonna take this latest bit of news as a net positive.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4169215)   #494
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
"Nothing to see here" (yet) on breaches according to the FIA.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4169227)   #495
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
"Nothing to see here" (yet) on breaches according to the FIA.
Interesting article. I don't know if what they mention is real smoke or just the obvious area that people expect to be examined because of potential to "be creative"...

Quote:
Under the cost cap, teams have retained senior staff by shunting them to peripheral businesses where they primarily work on other projects while contributing a small portion of their working week to F1.
I expect that when teams define workers are primarily or partially "non-F1" as a way to move some of the costs out from under the caps that there will be expectations to provide real documentation of segregation of their duties/activities and to ensure that their contributions to the F1 side are being fairly and accurately tracked from a cost perspective.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4169271)   #496
S griffin
Veteran

Wonder when they will reveal who the 3 teams are being investigated? Certainly be interesting to see how much they breached the cost cap by
Old 21 Jul 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4169284)   #497
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder when they will reveal who the 3 teams are being investigated? Certainly be interesting to see how much they breached the cost cap by
I think any official statement will only happen once they are done with their audit work. And even then, they may only name teams if there are penalties. All teams finances are examined.

Realistically it's going to be a series of leaks. And just like before it will be impossible to tell fact from fiction.

Richard
Old 24 Jul 2023, 10:51 (Ref:4169686)   #498
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe they are only investigating and nothing will be proved. We’ll see if there is anything serious here. I’ll wait to hear the official statement and try not to pay too much attention to any gossip that might happen
Old 24 Jul 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4169810)   #499
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
FIA says that it won't be rushed - might be a while before we know anything definite.

At least it appears that info isn't leaking out of the FIA the way that it did last year - good that it has got its house in order in that respect but it seems to me that more should be done to have the audits done sooner in the year - generates a big time lag on any breaches / penalties.