Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 8 Dec 2003, 12:40 (Ref:806580)   #1
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Digital Camera Problems / Reccomendations

Hi guys.

Firstly I appologise if this kind of post has been made a million times before, but i'd like your advise and possibly help with digital camera's.

I bought one on Saturday. A Concord 4megapixels camera that was on special offer at Argos (£115). However i'm struggling to get any decent picture out of it at all. I mean when I use it in the dark images are **** and when I took some photo's of my car yesterday it was blurry

Any ideas? Is it just a **** camera?

I'm looking for a decent digi camera (around £120 max) and ideally a digi camcorder (DV IN and DV OUT around £550 ish). I wondered if the digital camera function on a camcorder is any good?

Sorry for so many questions guys, but perhaps one of you could help me out a little bit. Thanks
Old 8 Dec 2003, 13:54 (Ref:806650)   #2
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you post examples of the pictures?

Did you turn the flash on? I haven't used a digital camera, compact or otherwise, but on my film SLR I can't see if the flash goes off because the mirror flips up and stops my view through the lens while the shutter opens. So I have to listen for the flash recharging. Several times I've shot thinking the flash has probably gone off and it hasn't - because I've put it in the wrong mode or not turned it on at all.

Are you hand holding the camera in low light / dark without flash?

Are you handholding with your arm stretched out while looking at the LCD screen?

Digital cameras aren't wonder machines - you have to play by the same rules as film cameras to obtain reasonable results. Namely not encouraging camera shake - stand with feet apart, one slightly in front of the other, grasp the camera body with your right hand and cradle the rest of the body (or lens if it's big enough) with your left hand, with your elbows tucked into your chest. And lean against something if you can - or better still, put the camera on a tripod or other solid object.

The optics and sensor on a consumer digital camera at a price of £115 probably aren't that great but you should be able to get decent images from it. If not, I guess a trip back to Argos for a refund is in order.

Try also doing a search on the web to see if others have been having the same problem.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 17:57 (Ref:806816)   #3
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the advice!

Yeh I too was thinking the blurriness might have been my "shakey" hands, but I can't hold it any more steady

As for the refund, Argos told me that it is not in the refund policy as it is a special offer, and refund only if the product is faulty (they then might try to give me another one or even vouchers, where as really I want cash back).

I'll do a search, cheers for the tips.

Here's 2 pics I took at lunch:

http://www.btinternet.com/~dandyson1...p/40600001.JPG
http://www.btinternet.com/~dandyson1...p/40600007.JPG
Old 8 Dec 2003, 18:04 (Ref:806822)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For a compact they don't look that bad.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 00:55 (Ref:807088)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't see if the flash goes off because the mirror flips up and stops my view through the lens while the shutter opens
When shooting in dark conditions, once you've composed your picture, open the other eye. Similarly as when using a video camera you should keep both eyes open at all times. Stops you falling over things, unless you want to be on Jeremy Beadle, of course.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 13:26 (Ref:807451)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
....unless you want to be on Jeremy Beadle, of course.

You're showing your veteran's age, Woolley.....
Old 9 Dec 2003, 18:29 (Ref:807681)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sad but true. Not as if I even watched the programme.