Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 May 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2472643)   #26
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Richo stuffed up, he went in too hot and looped it, i wont argue that, but as for the rest , well he should get out of the way and stop wasting peoples time and effort

i do probably agree, what has richo done? bugger all really

frosty well he was the guy that took the championship down to the last round, he won more rounds last year than murph has won in the last 5 oh and he was one spot of the podium today,
...and still speared into the side of a competitor...

I like Frosty, but that was overdriving to the 'enth degree...

End point - Murph didnt drive into anyone out of desperation, and I havent seen him do so - should frosty retire? Or shall I rest my case there? Or did my telecast not get to me?
Old 31 May 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2472668)   #27
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe fpr should have been black flagged for bad brakes
Old 31 May 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2472691)   #28
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps FPR need Brighty to put together some decent setups that work with the FPR FG.
Old 31 May 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2472783)   #29
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
when you bloke you have to stop earlier, when you stop earlier, you get hit. and it serves you right, dont block, dont get hit
Haha, funny stuff.

Reminds me of people defending Frosty last year when he took Tander out (Bahrain or china....) saying 'i had nothing left, i couldn't stop'. Heres a thought, BRAKE SOONER.....

Seems Richo has taken over Morris' place of hitting every car on track. Just waiting for him to take out the safety car like Morris.
Old 31 May 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2473004)   #30
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well if murph didnt drive down the inside of the corner every time it wouldnt be an issue

and then 2 laps down he tries to take frosty out, what a clown murph is, he probably thought it was richo and wanted pay back, we know he is into that dont we
Peck - did Murph steal your weatbix? Murph drove around the outside of the corner leaving room for Frosty to pass on the inside. He moved to the right halfway down the straight to make his intention clear. Frosty then over cooked it and slid into Murph. Just explain to me (as I am obviously a bit slow) how that constitutes your statement "and then 2 laps down he tries to take frosty out".

As for done nothing - he qualified 2nd and 3rd respectively, is not a driver who hits everyone, has been 2nd twice and 3rd once in the championship. Now I am not a fan of the guy - but, your mindless rants on this thread seem personal - rather than well considered arguments.

He may be closer to the end than the start of his career - but, I am surprised to hear you make so many stupid statements.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 00:18 (Ref:2473025)   #31
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikid View Post
Peck - did Murph steal your weatbix? Murph drove around the outside of the corner leaving room for Frosty to pass on the inside. He moved to the right halfway down the straight to make his intention clear. Frosty then over cooked it and slid into Murph. Just explain to me (as I am obviously a bit slow) how that constitutes your statement "and then 2 laps down he tries to take frosty out".

As for done nothing - he qualified 2nd and 3rd respectively, is not a driver who hits everyone, has been 2nd twice and 3rd once in the championship. Now I am not a fan of the guy - but, your mindless rants on this thread seem personal - rather than well considered arguments.

He may be closer to the end than the start of his career - but, I am surprised to hear you make so many stupid statements.
Agreed Kiwikid... Murph did everything but radio his intentions I thought.
... it seems pecker has a Murph "hangup", Bathurst and all that .
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:08 (Ref:2473085)   #32
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikid View Post
but, I am surprised to hear you make so many stupid statements.
You'd be the only one
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2473087)   #33
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug05 View Post
I would have been expecting a drive through for at least BPB if not frosty as well... or is it now ok to spear into a corner sideways and take another car out???
Perhaps going by the driving of some of the other 'turkeys' out there the FPR duo were the least of Mezera's concerns
I'm with you, Doug.

We waited and waited for the penalty to be issued....to no avail.

Feeling Pressured Racing came to the fore at Tasmania, and the driving standards were less than satis-factory
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2473090)   #34
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know it's a different issue but they strip Russell Ingall for blocking but even the driver who supposedly was blocked said it wasn't an intentional block and Rusty at the last minute tried to get out of the way. then all the blocking in the races was done and nothing done. i bet that would of made more steam flow out of PM's ears.

back on topic i have no issue with the bumping unless it badly damages a car, rubbing is racing but i'm sure that looping a car into a corner and wrecking a fellow competitors race constitutes a PLP whether you gained or lost from it. he very nearly wrecked Jase's race at the same time.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 04:35 (Ref:2473106)   #35
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm surprised Murf was so "calm" about these incidents (think back to his stoushes with Ambrose) but he was entitled to be pretty wild. For all the Murphy knockers, compare his record (both results and incidents) with BPB and Frosty ... chalk and cheese. Sadly his weekend with a finally competitive car gets wrecked by irresponsible driving.

BPB has been up to his old (normal) tricks all year ... can't overtake with skill so bash the rear or the B-Pillar until car moves out of the way. Nothing new here, folks, move on. AND, he's never been penalised in the past so I doubt whether they are gonna start now.

Frosty? Probably frustration that his Ford aint as good as 888 and his stocks are getting lowered by other young guns Will Davo and Holdsworth.

Between the 2 of them at Tassie though, I've seen better driving standards from Camrys in Springvale ...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 04:35 (Ref:2473108)   #36
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
back on topic i have no issue with the bumping unless it badly damages a car, rubbing is racing but i'm sure that looping a car into a corner and wrecking a fellow competitors race constitutes a PLP whether you gained or lost from it. he very nearly wrecked Jase's race at the same time.
And Murphs demeanor after all that...pretty cool considering.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 05:09 (Ref:2473123)   #37
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good viewing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Yd1...eature=related

What does BPB stand for??
Old 1 Jun 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2473136)   #38
Datto1600
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba Qld
Datto1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BPB = B-Pillar Basher
Old 1 Jun 2009, 06:38 (Ref:2473141)   #39
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...erate_driving/
Quote:
However Frosty, who probably would have won the race but instead finished fourth as a result of the accident, blamed Murph for their clash.

“I passed him and instead of just slotting in behind me he’s tried to re-pass, hit me in the rear, straightened me up and pushed me into the wall; I think he just messed up,” Winterbottom said.
seriously WTF. Murph was high around the outside of the corner and Forsty hit Murph at around the B-pillar and the drove off. what ****ing wall did he drive him into. my god Frosty has lost the plot along with his team.

also on BPB, we seen more competent drivers like Will Davo (in practice and qualifying) if they over cooked it or whatever instead of looping it and crashing they simply went to the right abit and into the gravel trap taking none but themselves out.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2473144)   #40
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From that view of the Courtney incident it looked a lot like Wood did turn into him......hardly necessary and pretty poor sportsmanship.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2473150)   #41
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
image from TanderDude (on V8 Central) after the point of contact:

ok this image really backs Frosty's claims up, again i say what ****ing wall could Murph have possibly put Frosty into?????

it clearly shows Murph wide allowing him through.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2473162)   #42
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope that prodrive drop fpr when they get in to f1
prodrive can hire lewis hamilton
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2473165)   #43
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Murph, it just keeps going down hill, Maybe it's about time to give it up and become a fully fledged whinging team owner.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2473174)   #44
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
image from TanderDude (on V8 Central) after the point of contact:

ok this image really backs Frosty's claims up, again i say what ****ing wall could Murph have possibly put Frosty into?????

it clearly shows Murph wide allowing him through.
I agree..Pro Racer... Murph could have "paid Frosty out" a few times IMO, just shows what a Murph can be, he's there to race, not wreck.

I Don't think Murphs the giving up type fomoco. Not from what I've seen through my Blue glasses.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2473175)   #45
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Poor Murph, it just keeps going down hill, Maybe it's about time to give it up and become a fully fledged whinging team owner.
V8 SUPERCAR fans are the ones doing all whinging.. not the drivers

no other fans from other series even come close to the whinging by V8 SUPERCAR fans after a meeting
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2473195)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i keep looking and looking can someone show me where the footage of Frosty and murph coming together is i cant find it.

I do find a still photo of two cars stopped at the hairpin which somehow shows that Frosty took murph out, Im not sure how it does that, but apparantly it does. Im not sure why frosty who was racing for the win would want to take murph out,

I stand by my conviction that its time for murph to retire. the stats are clear 2008 he was 17th, 2007 13th, 2006 24th, 2005 11th, 2009 20th. He was beaten by skaife in everyone of those past years and skaife knew it was time (and he was a team, owner so had extra stress)

its handy that you tube link, it shows murph illegally driving down the inside of the corner and it shows him changing lines from one side of the track to the other.

There is no rule against taping someone in the rear as long as you dont take them out (i do acknowledge that Richo stuffed when he looped the car and for that he deserved a penalty) but the rest is fair game and murph needs to quit his whining,

it was interesting race one taht both GT and ingall had sprint tyres that lasted the whole race but murphs were shot are after about 20 laps
Old 1 Jun 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2473273)   #47
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Im not sure why frosty who was racing for the win would want to take murph out.
again i refer to this link:
http://www.fpr.com.au/news/press-rel...t.aspx?ID=4529
Quote:
A run-in with Greg Murphy on lap 53, however, cost Winterbottom around 20 seconds and he had to make do with fourth. "I thought I was racing for position," said Frosty.
seems another FPR stuff up and Frosty was trying to get past quickly as he thought it was for position and wanted to gap Jamie asmuch as possible. why wasn't the team on the radio telling him Murph was 2 laps down?????
Old 1 Jun 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2473303)   #48
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You didnt see the whole race, and now are creatively turning a photo into evidence that Murph must go.....

So, in that photo I see an FPR car wide and an SGR car wider.... Fair call. Once again, you didnt see the whoe race, or how Frosty braked late and rolled into murphy at a20 degree angle before that.

Also, moving once is legal. Particularly when behind someone else who is moving too. Slamming into the arse of someone is not, particuklarly when 3rd, 4t or 5th in the chain and the only one who can not pull up.

Peckstar, why not wait until you see the damned footage, and until then stop pulling stuffin from your pocket?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2473309)   #49
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
senna05 i have seen the whole race, i re watched it to see some contact between murph and frosty that apparantly i have missed, but i cant find it. if you know where in the footage i can see it, then please share

as for your third line, well driving down the inside line is not legal, it was explained last year that it was unacceptable to do this, swapping sides of the road on the straight like murph did in the footage is not legal either. taping the bumper of a car is legal as long as you dont turn them around or shove them off the track(its not something new and has been happening for many year) Im sorry if that conflicts with your understanding of racing but it has been explained to the drivers
Old 1 Jun 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2473325)   #50
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the final incident is not the issue here, to me it was a racing incident.

Let's face it if it was just the final incident I'm sure you all would say hey that's racing and Murph was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Next!

I think this thread is here is because of the FPR punching bag that Murph became leading up to the final incident.