Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Jan 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1508134)   #1
quickbadgers
Rookie

United Kingdom
quickbadgers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 litre Hillclimb racing cars

How many 2 litre hillclimbs cars are there going to be in the class this year? There seems to be loads coming out the woodwork, the most secretive of which seems to be the Moyse machine.

Anyone know what it is going to be?

Badger
Old 24 Jan 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1508170)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker

They had a Dallara but as to the engine I am unsure.

Old 25 Jan 2006, 07:27 (Ref:1508611)   #3
hillclimber26
Rookie

hillclimber26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I belive that there are the following are new this season:

The Moyse's are building a Dallara - engine unknown

Paul Haimes is building a Dallara with a Vauxhall Engine

Piers Thynne is building a Dallara with the ex Dave Kimberley Vauxhall Engine

Then I suppose we have the Masons with thier Reynard, Tom New with his Pilbeam, Richard Marshall with his Dallara, Mark Goodyear with his Pilbeam, Geoff Rolason with his Pilbeam, John Chalmers with his Pilbeam....can't think of any more at the moment.

Jim
Old 25 Jan 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1508634)   #4
Hitech
Rookie

England
UK, South Staffordshire
Hitech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 litre hillclimb cars

There was a rumour at the end of last season that Tony Hunt was going to use a TTS blown Hayabusa engine in his force for 2006, putting him in the 2 litre class.
Phil
Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1508655)   #5
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech
There was a rumour at the end of last season that Tony Hunt was going to use a TTS blown Hayabusa engine in his force for 2006, putting him in the 2 litre class.
Phil
Quite correct, the engine was on display at the Autosport show, he is keeping his 1600cc engine for the time being, with the option to go back to it if the s/charged engine doesn't deliver.
DJ racecars have also built a s/charged car which has given 300bhp @ wheels on the dyno
John Chalmer has a new car a Ralt iirc which he has fitted his BDG into.
How long do you think before OMS fit a 2ltr version of the powertec V8 ?

Dave
Old 25 Jan 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1508830)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should be a fiercely contested year, then. I love the big cars for the power and spectacle, but I think the 2ltrs provide the most jaw-dropping sight in the bends. Whether it's the smaller dimensions giving them space to play with I don't know, but seeing them literally chucked at a tight corner way faster than they ought to go is sensational.

Who reckons they can beat Wi11iam next year, then?
Old 25 Jan 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1508835)   #7
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Who reckons they can beat Wi11iam next year, then?
Lets get this year over with first...

I do agree the 2l class is every bit as exciting as the unlimited class to watch as they dont have the grunt of the bigger vehicles on some hills and do tend to carry a lot of corner speed...

edited to corrict my orful spulling
Old 25 Jan 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1508845)   #8
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
With Scary Trev releasing his stranglehold on 2 litre, it makes that class very inviting to compete in. Although my money would be on young Mason, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Speaking of things Scary Trev, has anybody heard how his new OMS is shaping up, or are we waiting for the test days?
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1508895)   #9
quickbadgers
Rookie

United Kingdom
quickbadgers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that he has sold last years car so the new one must be well on it's way
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1509010)   #10
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Guille's will be out in Trevor's old car........in a new colour scheme and with their own Vauxhall Engine.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1509063)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Lets get this year over with first...
LOL, Jan keeps picking me up on that too. This year hasn't started yet, so it's still next year in my book...

Didn't know the Guilles had Trev's car. I don't imagine it will be much slower than before, then, even having replaced the most important component - the nut holding the whhel.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1509180)   #12
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Family Ties?

Quote:
LOL, Jan keeps picking me up on that too. This year hasn't started yet, so it's still next year in my book...

Didn't know the Guilles had Trev's car. I don't imagine it will be much slower than before, then, even having replaced the most important component - the nut holding the whhel.
Wooley, didn't know you were Irish!

Judging by the this year next year confusion and you spelling of wheel I would guess you come from Cork!

In fact were you the 2005 Cork Floating Champion?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 01:03 (Ref:1509189)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ahem, at least I can spell Woolley...!

back to topic.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1509391)   #14
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport

Quote:
Ahem, at least I can spell Woolley...!

back to topic.
Ooops! Mind you the spellchecker seemed to like it with just 1 'L'!

Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1509403)   #15
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
If you were going to move from sports into 2l race cars, buying the most sorted OMS out there and putting the same engine in (not the same exact lump but the same to all intents), would seem to be a very good move indeed.

I have to say I admire Chris and Geoff. There is a lot of choice out there in the 2l world. But they've gone for a set of wheels that everybody has seen regularly put in the runoffs. They must know that comparisons will be drawn between how well they do with it and how well Trev did. They are obviously going into the new category with no intention of making any excuses. Fair play chaps.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1509530)   #16
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
If you are serious about your competition, then you have accept that comparisons will be made with the class leaders, and make sure that you are close or beat them

Will mason will be hard to beat in the 2ltr class, but then who thought that trevor was unbeatable !

Dave
Old 26 Jan 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1509604)   #17
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK
If you are serious about your competition, then you have accept that comparisons will be made with the class leaders, and make sure that you are close or beat them

Dave
Very profound indeed Kimbers
Old 27 Jan 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1509792)   #18
Jimbo88
Rookie

Wales
Newport
Jimbo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mason jnr. will take some of trevs records while he storms to the title but also think chris guille will be up there as well
Old 27 Jan 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1509793)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
It's a bit much to expect him to be at the top right from the start of the season, but I expect him to be right on the pace by the middle. I think Chris is underated and may surprise a few people come season's close.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1509979)   #20
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Reserved Judgement

Quote:
It's a bit much to expect him to be at the top right from the start of the season, but I expect him to be right on the pace by the middle. I think Chris is underated and may surprise a few people come season's close.
I think I agree, mind you there may be a few trips back to Leeds unless he curbs his enthusiasm!

Old 27 Jan 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1509992)   #21
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
I think I agree, mind you there may be a few trips back to Leeds unless he curbs his enthusiasm!

Bit Harsh !
Old 27 Jan 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1510036)   #22
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Harsh but fair I think. IIRC, he went Bellamy a few times last year. I'm sure I picked him out of the bank at least once.

(Bellamy = David Bellamy, "I found this fella while I was wummiging awound the undergwoffe")
Old 27 Jan 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1510037)   #23
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbo
Very profound indeed Kimbers
Been reading a dictionary again Paul

Dave
Old 27 Jan 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1510052)   #24
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
No Dave

i got to the 35th page of the dictionary, but i couldn't get the storyline so i gave up !
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1510074)   #25
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great for the sport to have such a big class. be interesting to see how the force goes..if it performs anything like phils with even more power.