Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3906602)   #1
Tim Llewellyn
Rookie

Tim Llewellyn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feedback. RPM Classic Parts, Alberta Lea

Any feedback please. I am 99% sure I have been conned. It happens to all of us at some stage. The gentleman and business I want to know more about are BRANDON PRIHODA @ RPM CLASSIC PARTS, 1316 EBERHART STREET, ALBERT LEA, MN 56007 USA, a division of RPM Motorsports. I saw Brandon's advert with picture and giving the casting number of a 1957 Chevy 265 V8 cylinder block. I even verified again with Brandon it was the casting number I needed and the degree of overbore. Brandon knew that he was shipping it to Denver where it was collected together with all the other bits I needed before being shipped on to the UK. I guess he deduced two things correctly. 1 that I would not see it for a while, and 2 that from the UK I am very unlikely to take him to court. Rather than sending the V8 I had bought he sent an unidentifiable side valve straight 6. Basically a lump of scrap rather than a rare Chevy block. Brandon was just fine at replying to my emails when he was selling to me. I have now emailed him 3 times over the last week and he does not reply. Has anyone got any similar experience dealing with them?
Old 30 May 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3906943)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many of you will know Tim and that he is a well respected and longtime racer of historic cars. This experience sounds like a pretty appalling outcome to a transaction with this company. Following consultation with my colleagues, I am allowing this to go public but have also locked the thread, so that no views or otherwise can be expressed here, regarding Tim's allegations. However, if there is anyone who has any experience or knowledge of this company that they are prepared to share with Tim, please contact him via our PM service.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Closed Thread