Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jul 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3919144)   #201
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes me too. Pop over to BBQ Friday eve Dave .
Thanks for the offer - however, we have a birthday meal for our twins on Friday ... I ought to be there for that one !

What are you running this weekend ?
Old 24 Jul 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3919150)   #202
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Is this a new attempt at the shortest practice session known to man? 0932 to 0959 for the two driver Woodcote and Stirling Moss Trophy combined race practice. At around 2 minutes 30 a lap that’s a whole 8 laps if you are one of the first out and do all of the session. Ah, but you have to change drivers, so probably a whole 3 laps each. On the Grand Prix circuit. With a huge range of speeds and abilities. Really, really hope there is no red flag. Whoop de do Basil.........

In all seriousness MSUK should mandate as a minimum the time for three full flying laps per driver, plus out and in laps. But then is the requirement for three laps actually taken seriously these days?
You can add to this that a significant number of the drivers (majority) have not driven on this circuit before.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3919168)   #203
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the sun is shining on Silverstone at the moment! All set up and contemplating what to do for the rest of the day......
Old 24 Jul 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3919170)   #204
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, the sun is shining on Silverstone at the moment! All set up and contemplating what to do for the rest of the day......
Looking at the weekend weather forecast, I'd suggest you make the most of it!
Old 24 Jul 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3919171)   #205
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See you tomorrow. It's 35c here and I'm contemplating a meeting now.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3919179)   #206
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
See you tomorrow. It's 35c here and I'm contemplating a meeting now.

You are lucky that you weren't trying to conduct business in the 70s and 80s in Hong Kong. There, etiquette dictated that even on the hottest and most humid days in the summer that men would wear their suit jackets when moving around outside. Then it was almost de-rigueur to remove one's jacket when seated inside the almost freezing air-conditioned offices.

Far easier when working in Singapore where short sleeved, open necked shirts were the order of the day.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3919183)   #207
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes indeed, I'm sitting here in shorts and a tee shirt!
Old 24 Jul 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3919195)   #208
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could someone post a link to the Thundersports entry list, looking forward to that with the CanAm cars, just hope it is a dry track so they can be used to their full potential............
Old 24 Jul 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3919196)   #209
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
One for Will, and the bbq area. No leccy, so hope Silverstone factors sell candles.
(Think they’re plugging Iain into a self powered floodlight, so fingers crossed it’s got plenty of fuel!)
Attached Thumbnails
704A5ACD-FE24-4A78-BC4F-333E6EFE9106.jpeg   B2AF0249-A011-4234-ABA3-61515B135C5F.jpeg  
Old 24 Jul 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3919197)   #210
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Could someone post a link to the Thundersports entry list, looking forward to that with the CanAm cars, just hope it is a dry track so they can be used to their full potential............
A dry track racing wise is looking quite unlikely for Saturday anyway.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3919198)   #211
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One for Will, and the bbq area. No leccy, so hope Silverstone factors sell candles.
(Think they’re plugging Iain into a self powered floodlight, so fingers crossed it’s got plenty of fuel!)
Cheers Mike

Nice.I believe the M8F owner is racing the Gunston B19.Not a bad choice.

Going to be interesting with such a big grid.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 24 Jul 2019 at 15:34.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 05:07 (Ref:3919260)   #212
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Creative use of a tea strainer. A quick tenthers knowledge test- What’s the car?
Attached Thumbnails
9D5EF0C8-F808-4787-BDB1-CD57A303E273.jpeg  
Old 25 Jul 2019, 05:57 (Ref:3919263)   #213
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Oliroy F3 .
Old 25 Jul 2019, 06:20 (Ref:3919266)   #214
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Oliroy F3 .
Indeed. The one and only! The drivers names are a bit of a clue......
Old 25 Jul 2019, 07:45 (Ref:3919272)   #215
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Yes indeed . Another coffee , and time to head south. If I haven't expired from the heat (open car, 35C forecast ) I will make my usual preliminary tour of the old pits before the crowds (and clouds ) arrive tomorrow
Old 25 Jul 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3919301)   #216
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Alfa, just about to take to track for testing,..
Attached Thumbnails
4B395F19-35F2-4CB3-A7A3-C4D05F07AF45.jpeg   F4074ACE-7C09-4D76-88A5-2A7607F926C1.jpeg  
Old 25 Jul 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3919302)   #217
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Alfa, just about to take to track for testing,..

Looks stunning.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3919308)   #218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it was c 2013 we had the pleasure of Joe Nastasi (USA) in the T33SC12 and two other USA drivers in the T33/2 come down to Phillip Island for the March Classic meeting. All sounded glorious from memory..

I think it might have been a special Alfa Anniversary as the Alfa Museum brought down a couple of early 50's GP cars, complete with their test driver..

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jul 2019 at 15:46. Reason: Added the Alfa anniversary bit.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3919325)   #219
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chris, may be you remember Teodoro Zeccoli a very fast guy, no more with us. He was driving an Alfetta together with my friend JC Andruet think it was Spa 24 Heures in '76.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3919332)   #220
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Another for young Will
Attached Thumbnails
1737FEC9-C8E1-4E76-BD78-FBBB7FB69E8B.jpeg  
Old 25 Jul 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3919335)   #221
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Another for young Will
Thanks very much Mike.

Did you spot the Ferrari 1512 at all?Another bucket list to see car.

I'll be starting my 3 hr journey at 3 am tomorrow..

Hope the weather is not to bad as I've been looking forward to this as I'm sure many others have been for the past year.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3919339)   #222
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our campsite was all pitched by 2pm and a couple of our lot went into the circuit to set up the club area.
The heat has dropped a tad in the last hour and sleeping should be more comfortable under the stars than at home.
Have all weather covered for the cameras and myself, will do paddock wanderings tomorrow.

Old 25 Jul 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3919341)   #223
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pictures of the Can Am cars appreciated.......
Old 25 Jul 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3919342)   #224
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The M8F is my favourite race car in the whole world ever. Absolute untamed savagery. Wonderful.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3919345)   #225
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Any pictures of the Can Am cars appreciated.......
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Forwar...8391725218598/

Team who run the M8F.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRKODHNCJI

Video of March 717 that will be racing.