Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Apr 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3525233)   #1
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More Stupid Greed From V8SA @ Eastern Creek??

Last year an unreserved 3 day Grandstand seat at The Eastern Creek(or SMP if you insist) was $140.The stand was less than 20% sold.This year when they have halved the distance of the Saturday races they have increased the price to $190.You would think if they couldn't sell tickets at $140 they would consider how few they will sell with a nearly 40% price increase.
They deserve to fail.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 01:00 (Ref:3525237)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats a big jump.

in 2013 Bathurst grandstand ticket was about $220, in 2014 it jumped to $300.

Not really worth it at SMP (althought i paid $100ish in 2003)
Old 9 Apr 2015, 01:17 (Ref:3525241)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont bother with a grandstand seat at that price. So much to see & good vantage points at Eastern Creek
Old 9 Apr 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3525244)   #4
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm waiting for the Clipsal seating and pricing to be sorted.
They are redoing the grandstands to accommodate more leg room and general space.
Price has been increased each year bar the last 2, so I'm anticipating this will give them a reason to put it up again.
They'll wanna be careful what they do though. With series changes and an uncertain future, I can see a good percentage of people will be ready to walk.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 02:42 (Ref:3525263)   #5
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hi Alan, are you sure about those prices? I just had a really quick look at the V8 site and it says $160 for a 3 day grandstand pass. Then when I clicked through it looked like less again in the 'buy ticket' section. The way the connections worked was a bit weird though.

Either way, to me I'd be more inclined to wander around at the track and use the various vantage points available rather than just hanging out in the grandstand.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 03:12 (Ref:3525272)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
193 includes paddock

of interest is single day grandstand tickets and also kids tickets. cant get them at most venues
Old 9 Apr 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3525279)   #7
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Dont bother with a grandstand seat at that price. So much to see & good vantage points at Eastern Creek
Except when it rains like last year.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3525280)   #8
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing that I find strange is there is less V8 racing to watch, but the price to watch at the track has increased.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3525286)   #9
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Hi Alan, are you sure about those prices? I just had a really quick look at the V8 site and it says $160 for a 3 day grandstand pass. Then when I clicked through it looked like less again in the 'buy ticket' section. The way the connections worked was a bit weird though.

Either way, to me I'd be more inclined to wander around at the track and use the various vantage points available rather than just hanging out in the grandstand.
It was $160 with paddock a week ago.They have put prices up on Ticketek web site.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3525297)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With Paddock Access...

Fresh as of 5 minutes ago...

Without Paddock Access...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Apr 2015, 05:11 (Ref:3525636)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats a single day GA worth?
Old 10 Apr 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3525694)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Whats a single day GA worth?
$29 Friday, $60 for Saturday or Sunday, or $100 for 3 days or $85 for 2 day Sat/Sun
Old 10 Apr 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3525735)   #13
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
$29 Friday, $60 for Saturday or Sunday, or $100 for 3 days or $85 for 2 day Sat/Sun
Dear Lord! With the usual 1 hour gaps in the program, I'm out...
Old 13 May 2015, 06:01 (Ref:3536953)   #14
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly the V8 managers have lost the plot in their attempt to massage their shoes by trying to say their product commands this R sorts of prices. You might be interested in attending the second running of the Sydney Retro Speedfest at the creek on the June long weekend. Many original Group A and Group C cars as well as Group N, Group S and ex Formula One cars will be there. A 2 day adult pass costs just $40.00 which includes pit access.
Old 14 May 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3537288)   #15
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
I'm in! One little boy will be very happy when I tell him tonight!
Old 14 May 2015, 06:33 (Ref:3537307)   #16
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Sadly the V8 managers have lost the plot in their attempt to massage their shoes by trying to say their product commands this R sorts of prices. You might be interested in attending the second running of the Sydney Retro Speedfest at the creek on the June long weekend. Many original Group A and Group C cars as well as Group N, Group S and ex Formula One cars will be there. A 2 day adult pass costs just $40.00 which includes pit access.
This was a great meeting last year.It had the best quality entry list of any historic meeting in New South Wales ever.Disappointing the crowd was not much different to a normal HSRCA meeting but glad to see them and the ARDC having another go.
If you like Muscle Car Masters this meeting is a must.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3539600)   #17
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big screen TV means you see all the best action from wherever it occurs around the track. There is a DVD available to order and TV coverage to come later. The paddock area is redesigned with virtually all the competitors in the area immediately behind the pit garages and in the garages themselves. This cuts down on walking to see everything. Come and have a look and we'll make it bigger and better each year.