Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 25 Feb 2004, 09:51 (Ref:884990)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signed memrobillia

i was wondering how much some signed photo's were likely to be work of drivers ranging from 1960's to current.

How much is an Ayrton Senna photo worth, i know it depends on when it was done and what the photos of but rough estimate.

any help would be much appreciated.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 09:59 (Ref:884998)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
just to say i found this on ebay, $1,799.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2835

and this, for $299.99
http://www.f1brits.co.uk/shop/shop/i...tml&lang=en-us
Old 25 Feb 2004, 12:28 (Ref:885146)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's obviously a lot of money involved still in this. I would think signed Senna photos would involve a trip to see the bank manager......
Old 25 Feb 2004, 12:46 (Ref:885156)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about a set of signed Marshal's overalls? Senna signed and dated mine in 1993. However, having embroidered over all 60 odd signatures (including no less than 9 F1 World Champions) I have rendered them worthless apparently.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 14:13 (Ref:885214)   #5
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about btcc signatures????? any value/???
Old 25 Feb 2004, 15:03 (Ref:885232)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
What about a set of signed Marshal's overalls? Senna signed and dated mine in 1993. However, having embroidered over all 60 odd signatures (including no less than 9 F1 World Champions) I have rendered them worthless apparently.

I think the word to use in these circumstances Sheila is

doh!
Old 25 Feb 2004, 15:05 (Ref:885235)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by tator2001uk
what about btcc signatures????? any value/???

I've got a BTCC/F3 programme from Thruxton in about 1987 with virtually the whole field of BTCC and F3 drivers' signatures. Its also got Murray Walker's and Jackie Stewart's (they were there as well). I've never had the slightest interest shown in it.....
Old 25 Feb 2004, 18:24 (Ref:885402)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We sell a lot of signed memorabila at work and Senna stuff is particularly sort after for obvious reasons. As sick as it may seem, the minute a driver die's you can probably double your signature's value. That means to legendary figures from the 60's that are no longer with us fetch some serious money. We've got two Senna signed pieces on sale at the moment. One is a poster of the 1991 Brazilian GP programme cover, that's going for £1,750. The second is a 1993 South African GP programme signed by both Prost and Senna on the cover, this one is up for £750.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 20:23 (Ref:885497)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much would a 1:43 Jean-Denis Deletraz signed Pacific F1 car go for?

Seriously here, the most exciting signed memorabilia I have is either my 1998 Le Mans winners Porsche in 1:43 scale signed by Ortelli, Aiello (I plan to get McNish to sign it as well at LMES at Silverstone) or an article written in Autosport by Ivan Cappelli which I carefully cut out and got him to sign it at Donington once.

This is something I would like to do: I have Michael Schumachers first F1 car (Jordan 191) in 1:18 scale and if possible I would love to get his signature on it one day (pretty impossible I know) and then sell it. Does anyone know how much, roughly, that would go for? I've always been curious about that...

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 25 Feb 2004, 20:36 (Ref:885513)   #10
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My two (just edited for three!) prized pieces of signed stuff are my signed Senna photo and a signed 1994 Jerez GP program signed by about half the field.

The Senna picture (standard photo size)is of him sitting in the Williams (1993 car with Rothmans livery) signed at the Imola test prior to the first GP of the season. Lives in a safe at my Dad's office this one!

The Jerez program is signed (off the top of my head) by Schumacher, Mansell, Hill, Verstappen, Herbert, Alesi, Berger, Hakkinen, Brundle, Frenzten and a few others I have forgot. All sigs are on the individual pages where the drivers' biogs are listed (all in Spanish though!). Looks the muts nuts

I forgot my third signed 'item' in my possession is a collection of hi-res A4 prints of most 2002 CART drivers, that I got signed at Rockingham. Added to that are the odd IRL driver A4 signed prints that my boss got for me last year whilst on client liason!

Last edited by AndyM; 25 Feb 2004 at 20:44.
Old 25 Feb 2004, 20:46 (Ref:885523)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sweet.....
Old 25 Feb 2004, 20:57 (Ref:885539)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Great couple of pieces there Andy. You've got a retirement fund in the making!

Duffacus, if we had a signed version of that car then we could quite easily get £300 for it. It's not as difficult to get as you might think, if you go to enough tests and get to know the right people then it's quite easy but it will take some time. BTW, I don't suppose you purchased that model from TSF1.com did you?? I just hope it wasn't our rivals Grand Prix Legends (that's the mail order company, not the game btw Ayse ).
Old 25 Feb 2004, 21:22 (Ref:885560)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd need a second mortgage to buy from GPL.....
Old 25 Feb 2004, 21:27 (Ref:885568)   #14
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes GPL are rather expensive arent they!

Ummm, I did buy the Jordan from them though, although it is about the only thing I have bought from them! I usually buy my memorabilia from the track side now. I also aim to buy models that I can get signed as well.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 26 Feb 2004, 04:16 (Ref:885803)   #15
Startline1
Rookie

Startline1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What sort of price would F1 and CART team shirts go for now?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 08:47 (Ref:885939)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
the reason i brough this up was that i was recently sorting through a box in the lost with all my dads old f1 programes and stuff and found a Jim Clark signed photo, and a Graham Hill one.
Im trying to convince the parents to frame them and put them up in my room.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 17:23 (Ref:886469)   #17
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Interesting one, we've got a programme from the 1993 BTCC Toca Shootout signed by Nigel (Where's Tiff) Mansell and Chris Rea.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 18:38 (Ref:886538)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
You'd easily get £3000 for those two sigs Smokey, some form of authorisation would help bump the value up even more.

Neil, you could probably get a good £50 for that in the right place.

Startline, it depends on the team and the year it's from. Anything from the big three is worth having regardless though as they tend to be very strict on making sure all kit is accounted for.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 20:37 (Ref:886665)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, Mr. Expert (), what if anything would I get for a Thruxton Spring Bank Holiday Raceday programme from 27.5.91 signed by:-

Robb Gravett, John Clelland, Keith Odor, Frank Sytner, Jonathan Palmer, Gary Ayles, Jeff Allam, Will Hoy, Ray Bellm, Rubens Barrichello, Marcel Albers, Hideki Noda, Rickard Rydell, David Coulthard and Gil de Ferran.

Plus Jackie Stewart, Win Percy and Murray Walker.

There's one other BTCC signature, but I haven't a clue who it is.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:37 (Ref:886843)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
What can I say, I have to price this sort of stuff for a living!

Nice list of names on there though Ayse. The DC, JS and RB autographs are the valuable ones although the others are all worth having. Right place, right time you'd probably get about £150 for that.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 07:58 (Ref:887034)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, if I could find out that right place and that right time, it would be up for sale immediately.......
Old 27 Feb 2004, 18:30 (Ref:887579)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
lol! try ebay.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 22:00 (Ref:887763)   #23
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Damon, (sorry about all this, hope you can get some real work done too...)

A 97 BGP ticket signed by Schumacher and Irvine on the front, and Villeneuve, Ralf and Diniz on the back? (Don't tell the wife, she will flog it..)

My prized items are a full set of Goodwood Road Racing Yearbooks, all signed by Moss, Piquet, Surtees, Fittipaldi, Berger, Brabham, Hill Gurney etc etc... (about 10 signatures in each), and a letter to my late father signed by Graham Hill regarding a driving competition he was in.

On a slightly different note, I am slowly collecting signatures from Le Mans winners. I am up to 32 at present, including Bell, Ickx, Pescarolo, Kristensen, Dalmas, P Hill etc. All have been collected by me, no bought items. I just wish when I started this many years ago I got them all in one book. I'm interested in how this compares with other LM autograph collections.

Biggest signiture regret was giving a BGP programme signed clearly on the front by Senna and Prost away... It was given to be by a housemate of an ex on the 1st May '94 as I was round at their hose watching the race. She and her sister worked picking litter in the paddock a couple of years before - just for cash, not because they had much interest in racing. I told her it had just become a pretty valuable item and gave it back after about an hour. I bet it was just shoved back in her box of stuff never to be seen again. Just one strange memory from a day I can unfortunately remember very clearly.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 23:32 (Ref:887831)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hey Remus, no worries! That 1997 ticket is certainly worth having. You could get about £200 for that with no trouble at all.

The 60's stuff is generally more difficult to price as you don't see good condition auto's from that era come up very often but when they do they tend to fetch good money. Graham Hill is a particularly good one. I'd tentitively say you could probably get about £500-£600 for that. As always though, it's a case of right place right time.

As for the Le Mans sigs, I wouldn't like to have a guess on those as we've never actually sold sigs from those drivers so it'd be difficult to even give you a ballpark figure.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 09:25 (Ref:888056)   #25
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Damon,
I'm currently up to about 200 driver signatures, WRC, F1 and Le Mans, but could never bring myself to sell anything. I just wanted a rough idea of a few items as I feel I probably should insure the collection against fire etc. Anybody got any idea how I could get a valuation of the whole lot?

I hope my son appreciates all this hard work when I eventually pass it on to him! He's probably a bit too young to look after it at 9 months old, and prefers his teddies named after racing drivers right now...