Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 15 Oct 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3317978)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RIP Sean Edwards

Woke up this morning to see this awful news from Oz:
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/alms/se...ning-accident/

Didn't follow him closely, but boy his name could be heard in a whole lot racing. A young talent that has gone far to early. Such a great shame.

Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3317979)   #2
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Horrible horrible news!

Rest in peace Sean
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3317983)   #3
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Tragic. RIP Sean
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3317987)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Very sad news. He was meant to become a factory driver.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3317989)   #5
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Woke up and this is the first thing I see.

Such a great talent and at a very young age.

My condolences to his family, friends, and co-workers.

It has been a terrible year for motorsport.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3317995)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad news.

My condolences to father Guy and the rest of his family and friends.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3318002)   #7
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Sean Edwards
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3318003)   #8
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just awful, the crash scene looks like the end of the world. So sad for his family.

RIP Sean.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3318008)   #9
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Sean was actually quite active here on ten-tenths some 5 or 6 years ago when he was getting started in FIA GT3. Always seemed a super nice guy to me.

Rest in Peace, Sean.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3318031)   #10
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such sad news. Sean was really making a name for himself and such a great future ahead of him. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3318037)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as always with these kinds of incidents, it's such an incredible waste of a young persons life. thoughts are with everyone involved from first responders to witnesses and family members.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3318043)   #12
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Truly horrible news. RIP Sean Edwards. Autosport have done a nice obituary of him on their website. A true talent, who, like many others, will have never got to show their full potential.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3318048)   #13
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another tragic loss, so sad.
Thoughts are with family and friends
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3318051)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw the news at lunchtime and I was in a state of shock for a few minutes, it's awfully sad news. As other have said it like he a really talented and was starting to make a name for himself.

RIP Sean
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3318064)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
One of the good guys...

R.I.P Sean.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3318065)   #16
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Just learned of the death of Sean Edwards as a passenger in a track day incident in Australia.

Thoughts are with his family and friends, especially as he was so close to Allan Simonsen and did so much for Allan's foundation over the last few months. Such a sad year...

On a personal note, Sean was one of the most friendly and talkative drivers I've ever met in paddocks, was a member of several online communities (especially well known to any aim racers out there) and his was always one of the careers I've followed closely. I've always thought he was destined for a works Porsche drive one day, and his mastery of the Nurburgring in GT cars is up there with the best Ring Masters of yesteryear.

I'm sure I won't be the only one to miss his presence both on track and the paddock at events in the future.

RIP Sean, you achieved so much in such a short time, your character and talent will be sorely missed.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3318069)   #17
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
.R.I.P.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3318077)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

R.I.P. Sean
Old 15 Oct 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3318088)   #19
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I just found out about this a few minutes ago. Allan Simonsen this June, Maria di Vilotta a few days ago, scary incidents from Houston Indycar with Franchitti and VIR with Eduardo Cisneros and now this... it's a harsh reminder of how dangerous the sport we love really is.

He was a rising talent with such promise. What a disaster.

R.I.P. Sean Edwards and may you race in peace.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3318204)   #20
Madd_Dogg88
Racer

Madd_Dogg88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find myself nothing less than devastated by this news.

A great guy with an incredible talent, taken.

A sad day, and a terrible week for the motorsport community.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3318254)   #21
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Terrible to accept. Really awful this. RIP, Sean.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3318986)   #22
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite strange when you have terrible moments. I didn't follow Sean Edwards much, but I did see his name pop up every now and then on the TV and media. Now that this has happened it makes you release how easy it is to take motorsport drivers for granted considering the risks. Same goes for Maria di Vilotta, Allan Simonsen and Dan Wheldon as well as the near miss that Franchitti had.

I offer my condolences to his friends and family.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3326963)   #23
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicki Thiim, 2014 Porsche Supercup Champion: “It was a very emotional weekend for us all. I did everything I could to show that I deserved the overall win. I dedicate this title to my friend Sean and would like to give the championship trophy to his family. I want to show that Sean is the champion of our hearts.”
Old 6 Nov 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3328260)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Nicki Thiim, 2014 Porsche Supercup Champion: “It was a very emotional weekend for us all. I did everything I could to show that I deserved the overall win. I dedicate this title to my friend Sean and would like to give the championship trophy to his family. I want to show that Sean is the champion of our hearts.”
Would a cool tribute
Old 16 Oct 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3465690)   #25
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yesterday was 1 year.