Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Feb 2020, 05:14 (Ref:3954944)   #426
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wonderful photo. Thanks Chris .Shall we have some captions .
Old 1 Feb 2020, 05:22 (Ref:3954946)   #427
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Don’t worry, we’re behind the safety car, so they can’t overtake.....
Old 1 Feb 2020, 07:06 (Ref:3954956)   #428
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
EB, everything's is clear now! Because last Ford engine is a dog, they sent kangaroos to oblige GM drivers to "queuing"… behind slower cars. Being a GM fan, I can say " l'affaire est dans la poche "!!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3954959)   #429
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Roo bars to be fitted to all cars in future?
Old 1 Feb 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3954964)   #430
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After that selection I say Skip it!
Or you may roo the day you started it EB!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3954967)   #431
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I can say " l'affaire est dans la poche "!!
Seeing as a Porsche took pole today better make that"...dans La Porsche"!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3954969)   #432
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
After that selection I say Skip it!
Or you may roo the day you started it EB!
And I thought my ''Skippy goes for a 'hop' lap'' line was bad Bob....
Old 1 Feb 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3955004)   #433
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
En tous cas vos bestioles connaissent l'expression "se cracher dans les mains"!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3955029)   #434
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB, do you remember what kind of encouragement our gov launched in the seventies? "En France, on n'a pas de pétrole mais on a des idées…" What a farce. Several decades later a local wizard answer's is this: https://smarlinette.fr Better than a Lowmax?
Old 1 Feb 2020, 20:15 (Ref:3955081)   #435
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Big hit for one of the Astons on the Mountain - Safety Car out.......
Old 1 Feb 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3955149)   #436
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Big hit for one of the Astons on the Mountain - Safety Car out.......
Hmmmm, too much inside kerb threw him into the wall on the outside, and then across the track again.
Sad to see the pretty 'BASF' like Lambo off at the same place just after the restart from the Aston clean up.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3955328)   #437
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I wonder how long they can keep fast cars with pro drivers on this narrow track. Côme crash is an example and may be you too saw the Lambo in the air landing not far from a crowded public area.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3955351)   #438
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I wonder how long they can keep fast cars with pro drivers on this narrow track. Côme crash is an example and may be you too saw the Lambo in the air landing not far from a crowded public area.
Improvements to barriers and debris fencing happens all the time and will continue. Let's not be too negative about one of the finest races on one of the finest circuits in the southern hemisphere.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 05:18 (Ref:3955406)   #439
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Improvements to barriers and debris fencing happens all the time and will continue. Let's not be too negative about one of the finest races on one of the finest circuits in the southern hemisphere.
Absolutely, but not just in the Southern Hemisphere!
Old 3 Feb 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3955409)   #440
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Lots of huge crashes but everything worked as it should. That the Lambo didn't make the spectators shows the circuit design is correct.

When entry numbers start declining because of unacceptable risk is a time to worry. Clearly the teams and drivers feel it's a risk worth taking. If the race is banned we may as well give up on road racing and rallying and leave them in the realm of virtual or E sports.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Feb 2020, 06:46 (Ref:3955411)   #441
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Personally, I’d jump at the chance to race there, and if you listen to the Pros being interviewed they obviously feel the same. When you hear one of them admitting that he has a huge grin on his face every time he steers the car through the mountain section, you know the circuit is special....
Old 3 Feb 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3955426)   #442
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken by Andy Ticehurst
Attached Thumbnails
bentley 12hour 2020.jpg  
Old 3 Feb 2020, 10:04 (Ref:3955428)   #443
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That’s the coolest pic I’ve seen for a long time!
Old 3 Feb 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3955435)   #444
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Personally, I’d jump at the chance to race there, and if you listen to the Pros being interviewed they obviously feel the same. When you hear one of them admitting that he has a huge grin on his face every time he steers the car through the mountain section, you know the circuit is special....
The stat that does it for me is the fact that in 12 hours they covered just short of 2000 klms, (1951 to be exact)..... that equates to a 12 hour average speed of over 162 kph.... including all laps behind the Safety Car, Pit stop lane and stop time etc.

And yes what a brilliant pic above. I can feel a new desktop screensaver coming on....
Old 3 Feb 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3955441)   #445
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Taken by Andy Ticehurst
Not bad, but if I had taken it I would have caught the Kangaroos race number as well.

I agree, brilliant pic.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3955445)   #446
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not bad, but if I had taken it I would have caught the Kangaroos race number as well.

I agree, brilliant pic.
It's a tricky one Bob, do you pan the camera from right to left for the car or up & down for the kangaroo?
Old 3 Feb 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3955452)   #447
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Here is one for Bauble in case he ever wondered about Kangaroos
Old 3 Feb 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3955480)   #448
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post

Here is one for Bauble in case he ever wondered about Kangaroos

To be pedantic they actually do have..... albeit in their pouch. Oh, and a kangaroo continues to breast-feed well beyond the stage when the joey is too large for the pouch.

The things we can learn in Delta's Twentea-Twentea break thread.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3955491)   #449
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's a tricky one Bob, do you pan the camera from right to left for the car or up & down for the kangaroo?
John, I suppose it not surprising that you do not know the approved technique for taking pictures of Kangaroos passing racing cars. One pans from left to right while jumping up and down on the spot. Never fails.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3955498)   #450
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John, I suppose it not surprising that you do not know the approved technique for taking pictures of Kangaroos passing racing cars. One pans from left to right while jumping up and down on the spot. Never fails.
Not at all like taking pictures (I nearly said shooting!) of hares at Silverstone, then?
Closed Thread