Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Nov 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1449111)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wakefield 250 no go

The birds on the lines are telling stories that the proposed 250km race scheduled for Wakefield Park on the Saturday of the AMRS round has been cancelled - not by the track but apparently the cars themselves suddenly deciding they didn't want to run.

Considering the event was supposedly being organised at the request of competitors, not the track, it makes the competitors themselves seem a bit foolish - certainly won't make them popular with Mr. Willmington.

Closing date for early entries to the Wakefield 500 (the December 2 driver 500km race) close next week - whispers are suggesting that the track will be basing the viability of the event on entries at his closing date.

It seems that competitors all scream wanting mini-enduro's but, when push comes to shove, don't seem to want to put their cars where their requests are.

Strange goings on.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1449122)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the Wakefield 500 last year was a good event... the cars were cool to see (the dead Ferrari early not withstanding...) and the event was interesting with chases between vehicles....

I should have thought this would be a strong event for a Carrera Cup car that shall be rendered ineligible at season's end for their main class... what better way to flog it off than as a race winner....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Nov 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1449123)   #3
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 250 was cancelled almost 3 weeks ago due to lack of entries Storyline.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1449153)   #4
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My source didn't say when it was cancelled however 'it' was reasonably certain of the reason for the cancellation ie it wasn't cancelled by the track but by those that wanted it in the first place. Either way - little had been publicly said about it not going ahead and m source indicates the track is far from happy about it.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1449191)   #5
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it appears that Mr. RT/RN is a little behind the times. LOL
Old 3 Nov 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1450963)   #6
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
My source didn't say when it was cancelled however 'it' was reasonably certain of the reason for the cancellation ie it wasn't cancelled by the track but by those that wanted it in the first place. Either way - little had been publicly said about it not going ahead and m source indicates the track is far from happy about it.
And I can tell you that the people involved in organising the event (outside of the Track) were none to happy either.
But what can you do, there were originally 30 who indicated they would be interested so it seemed viable with those numbers, then 1 by 1 they pulled out.

Nothing wrong with the event or the track, I guess it just wasn't meant to be this year.