Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Feb 2000, 18:50 (Ref:13973)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi everyone, another topic fairly similar to Rik's Brands topic - a plea for help with the circuit guides. I've been working on the Snetterton guide and I seem to have taken it as far as I can now, but it really needs padding out a bit on the where to stand / take photos section, so if you think you can help out then please drop me a line.
Thanks
Old 3 Feb 2000, 14:16 (Ref:13974)   #2
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on my only visit (last years BTCC) here is my two penneth:

PLACES TO VIEW - the options are on the outfield from the Esses to just before the entrance of Riches and the infield a bit near Russell and another near the Esses.

I reckon the place to view is probably the entrance to Russel (outfield or in) and also the infield of the Esses.

The bomb hole and Coram would be pretty good I imagine?

There is also a (very) small grandstand on the infield between the start and Russell, didn't look too good.

PHOTOGRAPHY

For photogrpahy I'd give preference to Russel as you are nearer the track, for those with big lenses it wouldn't matter.

For the BTCC remember to bring appropriate equipment for night photography or all your pictures may be dark and blurred.
Old 3 Feb 2000, 18:53 (Ref:13975)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Andy, I've only been to Snetterton twice for the BTCC and haven't really had the time to explore much of the circuit (for some reason we seemed to end up in the bar - wonder who was responsible for that ) I've stood on the inside at Russell and think that's the best place I've found. Also watched the sprint race last year from the outside of Coram. I didn't take any notice, do you know if there's any viewing from the infield at the Bombhole / Coram?
Old 4 Feb 2000, 03:33 (Ref:13976)   #4
JUDGE
Rookie

JUDGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The nearest you can get to viewing from infield at Bombhole is about 50ft away where the old bribge used to be.For Corum you can get a bit closer on infield by going as far up the central road (left at T junction) before it swings towards the Esses but don`t block the amby gate
I used to get some good photo`s from the inside of Riches and would agree that Russell is about the best place for pics,you could also try the bank on the outside of pits straight for some pit action.