Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Aug 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3291371)   #1
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS Petit Le Mans @ Road ATL

The event schedule has been released. Let me planning begin!

http://www.roadatlanta.com/2013/Peti...ule-7-2-13.pdf
Old 19 Aug 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3291545)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will be there, tickets already ordered and doing rain dances constantly so we get it all falling now not later. As I posted in the ALMS'13 thread, i'm interested to see the kids in K&N wheel around the track, should be a good start from ten and then work my way back to camp and turn 4 by the end.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3303121)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
K&N race is going to be badass, I don't care what anyone says. I'll find my way to T9 for a restart at some point.

Really looking forward to this one. Bitter sweet, but I'll be there in 2014 too, in T4, in a minivan as usual.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3303900)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I figured at least the two of us would find ourselves trackside for them for practice and the race. Definitely will be an ear-plus requiring race, but should be fun hearing them climb through the gears on the backstretch.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3304718)   #5
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'll be there hoofing it all day on Friday and Saturday. Definitely bittersweet, the ALMS has pretty much been the only professional sport I've followed since 2005. In 2011 I moved out of Florida and shed a tear leaving Sebring that year - I knew it would be a long time before I was ever at that track again. I've only been to Petit the last two years, but it'll be tough as the last ALMS race. I can't imagine I'll be ready for the drive home Saturday night, just postpone it as long as possible.

I loved the Mitty, so it's not like I won't be returning the track through the years. It's the end of an era...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3304851)   #6
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there to witness as another golden age of sports cars slips into the past. CanAm, GTP, WSC, LMP... will we ever see another age like any of these again?

Surprised the conversation of this PLM is about K&N rather than Audis, Peugeot, Porsches and Ferraris. I know much of the conversation was for my benefit, but surprised by how quickly the shimmer is fading.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3304873)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's shame we are excited about seeing a full field of stockcars for (our) first time at Road ATL instead talking about factory Audis and Pugs and any other factory protos, which weren't there last year either. I hope it'll be grand again one day, but let's discuss the joys of being trackside with our mates, meeting new mates and when we'll be arriving and where we'll be etc.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3304881)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The logistics of this trip for me might be kind of awful, but I will be there either Wednesday or Thursday evening.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3304903)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'll leaning toward Tuesday midday myself to get in line, gotta try to stake out enough area for our wide expanse and keep an opening to the road. Although I didn't fix the camper so just the big tent for me again this year.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3304932)   #10
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like I said on the race thread, I'm seriously considering trying to attend PLM.
I'm a bit confused by the Road Atlanta site, so, can someone tell me what tickets and camping passes I would need for:
3 or 4 adults
a minivan
a small utility trailer
two tents

If I do this, it'll be on an EXTREMELY tight budget, so I want to make sure I know what I need.

Thanks!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3304945)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If my link didn't help, their page isn't very clear and I had to ask about needing parking if i was camping, thanks to fieldodreams for the help back then.

You should need 3 or 4 tickets and non-reserved rv/trailer (non-reserved let's you just grab a place in the camping areas and make new friends) so as I count it $340 (3 people) or $420 (4 people) since I think the non-reserved covers tow vehicle and trailer. But the guys and girls at the track office at VERY helpful, responded to a question I had about the GA event at 9 pm on a friday night and surprised the hell out of me.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3304959)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, I see Road ATL has recently updated their site; good timing

Mech Z the price listings are little confusing, especially the tent/camp verses the parking; they are one and the same. Buy a tent pass, you can park pretty wherever you can find a place.

Unless I get a hall pass from corporate and work, I'll be getting there half way thru K&N P1. That's a helluva wake up call Thursday AM; better go easy on the sauce Weds nite, boys.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3304966)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, but better them than Star Mazda at 8 am
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3306128)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, but better them than Star Mazda at 8 am
But not as good as the Jetta TDI cup. At least you could sleep thru those.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3306390)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I called Road Atlanta today and got my tickets ordered!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3306391)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I called Road Atlanta today and got my tickets ordered!
Excellent decision! I ordered mine yesterday. The next 30 days won't pass quick enough.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3306399)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, got my tickets in the mail yesterday and it will definitely be a tough, tough month.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3306407)   #18
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be able to make the first USCR Petit. I hope it's a good one.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 03:01 (Ref:3306422)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Glad to see a PLM newbie in! Mech Z, you won't regret it. Road ATL is is a fabulous place to see ANY event but PLM is something special.

We will be in T4 under a plethora of flags that will include St George's cross (down w/ the British ) and a Aussie Flag, amongst the Stars and Stripes, Panoz, and other racin' flags. Stop by and say hello.

Hopefully, there'll be enough time lapsed between LSU/UGA for joeb and I to be on speaking terms.

Still need to order my tickets....
Old 20 Sep 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3306565)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Glad to see a PLM newbie in! Mech Z, you won't regret it. Road ATL is is a fabulous place to see ANY event but PLM is something special.

We will be in T4 under a plethora of flags that will include St George's cross (down w/ the British ) and a Aussie Flag, amongst the Stars and Stripes, Panoz, and other racin' flags. Stop by and say hello.

Hopefully, there'll be enough time lapsed between LSU/UGA for joeb and I to be on speaking terms.

At least one of us will be ready to talk, just not sure the other will want to hear what they have to say.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3306703)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advice!

I just hope my brother's rusty 20 year old minivan gets us down there!
Old 20 Sep 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3306704)   #22
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

I will make sure to stop by and say hello!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3307015)   #23
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I just hope my brother's rusty 20 year old minivan gets us down there!
Don't knock my minivan! I just might leave you at home.

(I guess since he bought the tickets I better take him along.)
Old 21 Sep 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3307050)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Better do it, TR. If you parked your rusty mini van next to my mini van, I may not have the worst mini van in the park.

Wonder if Earl is coming back with his corporate mini....
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3307114)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And my suburban will be down right new although it's getting up there too.