Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Italian Grand Prix is?
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 1 2.50%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 35 87.50%
Max Verstappen 1 2.50%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 1 2.50%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 2 5.00%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3764053)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the driver of the Italian Grand Prix is?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3764059)   #2
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has to go to the fella with the big white teeth. 16th to 4th good job. Nearly got Seb. Could have been Verstappen but he blew it again with an incident (although not really his fault, still, it's always MV isn't it). He certainly did a lot of overtakes later on to take a point. RB could easily have been 3-4 without the penalties.

Ocon or Stroll I'd love to give it to, but really Stroll had Massa catch up in the end and was all over him. Perez caught up to the Ocon-Stroll-Massa train after being 10 sec behind.

Can't give it to either Mercedes, they cruised around in engine save mode, clearly the best car that my dog with a blindfold could have won in. C%94*4nts.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3764080)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo. 16th to 4th, impressive stuff.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3764120)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danny. For that mega overtake.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3764172)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton won from pole, must be the DoTR.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3764173)   #6
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I appear to have voted for the landslide winner........but I reckon Daniel deserves it for a great charging race today
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3764182)   #7
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo. No argument there... Brilliant stuff
Old 3 Sep 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3764222)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
could have gone for Lance but race not as good as qualy for him so Ricci gets my vote for an amazing performance
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3764244)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo for me again. Kudos to Stroll, he, like Ocon, did a decent job. Hamilton did what Hamilton does. Left the Ferraris trailing in his wake - pretty sickening for the Tifosi....
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3764277)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ricciardo for me again. Kudos to Stroll, he, like Ocon, did a decent job. Hamilton did what Hamilton does. Left the Ferraris trailing in his wake - pretty sickening for the Tifosi....
Ace, you disappoint me, after I swallow my pride.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3764280)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton was dominant throughout qually and the race. What more can you ask? Imagine how far ahead of Vettel he would have been if he'd actually been pushing all race.

So it seems harsh to be even considering anyone else.
Stroll? Brilliant qualifying, but a bit less so in the race. Close to Ocon for so long but never made the move.
Ocon? Brilliant qualifying, but only slightly better than Stroll in the race.
Riciardo? 16th on the grid wasn't his fault, and that was an impressive drive up through the field making good use of an alternative strategy. Finally it was that move on Raikkonen that tipped the scales for me. Sorry, Lewis.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3764296)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Ace, you disappoint me, after I swallow my pride.
I did see that and I give you significant credit for it!
Old 3 Sep 2017, 23:48 (Ref:3764304)   #13
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
that Aussie guy.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 05:07 (Ref:3764369)   #14
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo, with kudos to Hamilton and Ocon.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3764401)   #15
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
easy choice.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3764423)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The honey badger, what a drive after not being able to start where he qualified. And getting past Kimi and nearly catching Seb at the end
Old 4 Sep 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3764552)   #17
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No contest really
Old 5 Sep 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3764643)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I find interesting in this and the team thread, is how the fact that Mercedes seemed to win comfortably is viewed.

In the teams thread, they are picking up all the votes - but surely the same argument is true that they had the best car and found it easy? All the work to produce the best car was done months and years ago, not at this race.

Was Hamilton's performance any less worthy than the teams?

What would be interesting is if we set markers during the weekend of what you would expect a team or driver to deliver in the results. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Old 5 Sep 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3764648)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What I find interesting in this and the team thread, is how the fact that Mercedes seemed to win comfortably is viewed.

In the teams thread, they are picking up all the votes - but surely the same argument is true that they had the best car and found it easy? All the work to produce the best car was done months and years ago, not at this race.

Was Hamilton's performance any less worthy than the teams?

What would be interesting is if we set markers during the weekend of what you would expect a team or driver to deliver in the results. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Well one can hardly vote for McLaren.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3764746)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
was between Ocon and Stroll for me with Ocon taking it in the end by virtue of finishing ahead.

lots of subjective reasons why to vote but in this case that was the battle they showed the most and the one the held my attention the most...the race was between those two imo so one of them should get my vote.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3764790)   #21
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?
Was Bottas allowed to fight Lewis? Both Mercs finished within 5 seconds of each other and over 30 seconds clear of Vettel - that dominance looks a little silver to me.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3764941)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Bottas needs a bad weekend from both Lewis and Seb to be back in the title fight