Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Mar 2001, 22:14 (Ref:75104)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who's gonna be there for Chris's second race of the season?

Last edited by Lorna; 28 Mar 2001 at 22:15.
Old 29 Mar 2001, 18:10 (Ref:75281)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really think I ought to attend...
Wouldn't want Chris to have to worry about changing tyres 30 seconds before qualifying on his own!!

I wouldn't miss it for the world. And it'll be my first Cadwell visit...
And I promise I'll remember to take the Hob-Nobs out of the glovebox this time...
Old 29 Mar 2001, 21:27 (Ref:75327)   #3
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there doing my 2nd ever single seater race in the Formula Honda class. Come over and say hi if you like. I'm racing number 9.

What number is Chris Y as I'll come say hi to.

AndyR
www.ar-racing.co.uk
Old 29 Mar 2001, 22:35 (Ref:75338)   #4
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent Andy! Look forward to meeting you.. I'll be in red/yellow Mini number 36. It's only my third ever race, and the second in a Mighty Mini. There'll probably be a crowd around the car if Donington's anything to go by. I reckon I'll be able to watch you race as well

Hrmph. I was going to post this thread - having just confirmed my entry today Thanks anyway Lorny

For the really keen among you, I have also booked in for a half-day's testing the day before - Saturday the 7th. Unfortunately, this means we'll have to leave earlier in the day to get there (Sparky, don't worry about being there for the start of that if you can't make it!)

The rest of the races? Well, not as exciting as Donny. We have:
V-Sport V6 (Eurocars - remember them?),
Radicals (endurance - bring your sleeping bag),
Formula Honda (look cool),
Mighty Minis!,
Super Mighty Minis,
Classic Formula Ford,
Karts (?! Presumably gearbox karts with all the aerodynamics)

Looking forward to it! Hope to see a big gathering again.. I just hope I get a bit more time to talk to you all this time, chances are I'll have some epic stories. (I was like that up the Mountain)
Old 30 Mar 2001, 13:07 (Ref:75433)   #5
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm there on the Saturday as well Chris for the full day so probably see ya there aswell. Minis and Hondas will be the best races of the day

AndyR
www.ar-racing.co.uk
Old 30 Mar 2001, 22:50 (Ref:75579)   #6
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Wouldn't want Chris to have to worry about changing tyres 30 seconds before qualifying on his own!!

Oi! it wasn't 30 seconds at Donny, I gave you plenty of notice! Remember Drew McLintock changing his tyres as I was headed for the assembly area?

I wouldn't miss it for the world. And it'll be my first Cadwell visit...

Likewise for me, and a fair few others I suspect. I'm going to dig out Rick P's Super Coupe video and see how he handles the Hall Bends..

And I promise I'll remember to take the Hob-Nobs out of the glovebox this time...

And we had some Jelly Babies too. I'll bring some beer to Cadwell as well

Last edited by Chris Y; 30 Mar 2001 at 22:50.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 23:17 (Ref:75589)   #7
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y
I'll bring some beer to Cadwell as well
Beer??

Er... it is a clockwise circuit isn't it?

Just so you know which way to turn out of the pitlane!

Last edited by Sparky; 30 Mar 2001 at 23:18.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 23:37 (Ref:75594)   #8
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
After the race, silly!

I suppose since I'm driving a red/yellow car, with the number 36, it'll have to be Stella Artois.. Anyone who's been to see Mr. Mallett racing will know what I mean by that

I can't wait! Just got to sort out the finer points of getting there and stopping over somewhere..

Last edited by Chris Y; 30 Mar 2001 at 23:38.
Old 31 Mar 2001, 14:45 (Ref:75726)   #9
Lorna
Veteran

Ooops, sorry I beat you to that Chris. I was concerned that after it was mentioned in the Donny thread, that it would continue in there. I'll be more patient in the future and let you do your own announcements.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 23:20 (Ref:76783)   #10
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Anyone else planning a trip up on Saturday?
Old 3 Apr 2001, 05:35 (Ref:76866)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris Y
I'm going to dig out Rick P's Super Coupe video and see how he handles the Hall Bends..

Is that wise?

Last edited by Les; 3 Apr 2001 at 05:36.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 00:03 (Ref:77112)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

lol Les!

I know I asked people if they were going but I won't be able to make it myself. Sorry Chris. I'll be thinking of you. The move is this week and I don't think my mum will appreciate me showing her where the cleaning stuff is and leaving her to it!

Pleeeeease, somebody text message me and let me know how Chris gets on.

No doubt there will be other race meetings that I CAN attend and say hi to Andy as well if you are on the same program.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 14:13 (Ref:77276)   #13
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Right, I think the 'usual suspects' are going to be going up on the Saturday - that is me, Craig, Sparky and Maisie, and staying over at a Travelodge somewhere..

I imagine there'll be more people coming on the Sunday? Can we have a show of hands who'll be there?

Sorry you can't make it Lorny - we'll keep you updated though..
Old 4 Apr 2001, 17:15 (Ref:77366)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I need to get a map out, but I think I might be saying that Cadwell is a bit too far.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 23:10 (Ref:77506)   #15
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Timetable for 8th (qualifying):

9:00 - Classic Formula Ford
9:20 - Long Circuit Karts
9:45 - Radical Bi-Duro
10:05 - VSR 6 (Eurocars)
10:30 - Mighty Minis!
10:50 - Formula Honda!
11:15 - Super Mighty Minis
11:35 - Long Circuit Karts (again)

Races start at 1pm, and the Minis are 5th, so I reckon the Mini race will be on at about 2pm..

Andy - I notice the Formula Honda race is ony 4 cars strong! I thought the minimum was 12 per race? Is it always like this?
Old 5 Apr 2001, 19:08 (Ref:77833)   #16
Lorna
Veteran

Lincolnshire, just up the road, isn't it Carrie? (you know that Birmingham up is oop norf to me and in the same area to me )
Old 6 Apr 2001, 11:28 (Ref:78052)   #17
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Nah Chris there were 15 cars at the first race at Mallory and this should keep going up during the year.
I spoke to a couple of people last night and the Honda grid should be up to about 8 or 10 now as most people didn't get there entry in time for the program.

Should be good although probably very wet

Seeya at the weekend all!

AndyR
www.ar-racing.co.uk
Old 6 Apr 2001, 19:24 (Ref:78190)   #18
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
What is it about Cadwell that makes people late? When I spoke to the organiser, he was running late too, and hadn't processed my entry at the time.

Fear not though, you're not alone, according to the timetable, there's only 4 Eurocars (sorry, VSR 6s) running as well!
Old 6 Apr 2001, 22:32 (Ref:78259)   #19
D428 CHO
Rookie

D428 CHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I can't make it (again). I'll try and show my face at a few meetings just as soon as they have them in a considerate place preferably not in the far North! Best of luck
Old 6 Apr 2001, 22:35 (Ref:78261)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll still be there, and looking forward to it! Always fancied a trip to Cadwell and it's great to be able to combine that with seeing the mins race again

I must say though that I never realised that it was in such a godawful place to drive to! grr...!
Old 7 Apr 2001, 17:12 (Ref:78424)   #21
Lorna
Veteran

I had a text message from Maisie and it mentioned something about narrow and wet track, sideways........
Old 8 Apr 2001, 21:19 (Ref:78719)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just got in... what a splendid 4 hour drive home... not. Good day though! Sadly Chris posted his first DNF - the car started playing up after 6 or 7 laps and had to be parked due to a problem with the fuel pump...

Watch this space for details of the next outing though

Cadwell is awesome - it's truly Bathurst in miniature! The Mighty Mini peeps are a great laugh and really friendly... can't wait for the next one!
Old 8 Apr 2001, 21:41 (Ref:78727)   #23
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which prompts the question, where and when is the next one?
Old 8 Apr 2001, 21:50 (Ref:78728)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
At a certain circuit along the road from you, but watch for Chris to start a new topic on this one in a day or so for the details...
Old 8 Apr 2001, 22:46 (Ref:78757)   #25
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do the mighty minis visit thruxton!! be my chance to see this Chris y in action or castle combe perhaps!!