Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3787698)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SILVERSTONE CSCC

CSCC visit the UK circuit with the most Historic meetings per season...
Old 3 May 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3819107)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We know that Lancsbreaker will be there, anyone else racing, attending?
Old 3 May 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3819127)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
We know that Lancsbreaker will be there, anyone else racing, attending?
Giving this one a miss as racing in C1 24 hours at Rockingham the following weekend.
Old 6 May 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3820441)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Our friend lancsbreaker in action on Saturday.

Missed him in the paddock, but .................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_0159.JPG (1.59 MB, 11 views)
Old 7 May 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3820574)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Ooh - fame at last! I did wonder if I'd walked past you somewhere in the paddock, Bob, but it was a busy place and my mates, campervan wasn't directly outside the pit garage so we could have been hidden nearby if you called in - apart from bleeding the brakes and adjusting tyre pressures we didn't have to do much to the car so weren't in the pit garage much.

It was quite a good day, apart from the race being red-flagged after a first corner incident, possibly triggered by the rolling start meaning that first corner speeds (and possibly ambitions) were higher than most drivers are used to, as we normally have standing starts. Apparently not enough startline marshals - there was a 750MC meet on on the National Circuit, and of course Donington Festival not far up the M1.....

After 30 minutes plus, the race was restarted from scratch, tho' shortened to 30 minutes. The International Circuit is quite quick for the powerful cars - the speed at which some of the quick lads were passing me down the hanger straight was incredible, yet from Stowe back to the exit of Club I could usually stay with them. Despite the fact that we were effectively in the "slow group" of about 5 cars running several seconds a lap slower than the rest of the field, we still had a bit of fun, whilst spending a fair amount of time waving the quick cars past I particularly enjoyed managing to get past the Aston V8 (though he later retired so may well have had an issue , and towards the end of the race gradually caught a Dolomite Sprint - which could pull away from me down Hanger Straight but I could catch through the corners. I had no idea what race position we were in, but just enjoyed the last few laps as the Triumph's driver did an excellent job of making it as wide as possible to block my overtaking attempts. I finally managed a strong run through Stowe and made a determined dive up the inside at Vale - it was a bit edgy but the Triumph gave me room and we went side by side round Club and I hung on to cross the line 0.5 seconds ahead - with the chequered flag waving.

We pulled into the pit garage and I clambered out to check that the Triumph driver was Ok with my lunge - to find a blonde lady about half-my size running over to say what a great race we'd had, as I congratulated her on her defensive skills.....

Fight to the death for 20th place - that's Club motorsport
Old 7 May 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3820586)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Fight to the death for 20th place - that's Club motorsport
That's motorsport! Club or not. Nice color scheme, I had almost the same on a Bertone in '77 but of course blue, white, red… Good to hear stories where people have fun.