Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Apr 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3238493)   #1401
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfo zanfagni View Post
agree, lmp1 use so advanced technologies for aero and mechanical gears with some f1 ispired solution too like 2013 r18 that simply can't be applied in road cars. Just like audi used to do, porsche statement is another fox and grapes virtuosism. I read this: we have enough technical know how and money to jump in f1 but we are scared to throw away money for years as toyota did in almost 10 years.
We can say the same for Ferrari. We have won in formula 1, so we may win in Le Mans, too.
Ok, come here and show it! If you don't...
The fox and the grape (Part II)...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 23 Apr 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3238495)   #1402
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
No, sorry. Porsche has never been really attracted by Formula 1, so I would like to understand why it should decide to run in F1 instead of Le Mans, where it has written its history...
Mmmh... Ferrari withdrawn from Le Mans after it was defeated by Ford, Porsche and Matra. I can say the same. Ferrari doesn't come to Le Mans because it's not capable to win there.
My cousin says if you win in Formula 1, you can win everywhere.
Ooops! My cousin's 12 years old!
opinions, opinions. Ferrari doesn't want to come to le mans because is already in f1 and doesn't care about other competitions. If ferrari would be competitive or not in wec nobody will know. My opinions of porsche f1 intentions have been expressed in the post above.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3238498)   #1403
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

audi and porsche talked about f1 interest in the past, in a more or less enthusiastic way = fox and grapes.
Ferrari talked about le mans only in 2009, no clear intention/wish to join but just to put some pressure to ecclestone = no fox and grapes.
Fear of ferrari to enter in wec is just a speculation of yours.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3238500)   #1404
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
[...] as toyota did in almost 10 years.
It is clear you don't know how Porsche or Audi work and... how Toyota works.
The only field formula 1 is the queen of motorsport is advertising and TV coverage.
Are you italian? Italians (except for me and some other few people...) are really convinced formula 1 is the best of the best. Why? Because Ferrari's there (but are the flying cans to win...).
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3238501)   #1405
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
audi and porsche talked about f1 interest in the past, in a more or less enthusiastic way = fox and grapes.
Ferrari talked about le mans only in 2009, no clear intention/wish to join but just to put some pressure to ecclestone = no fox and grapes.
Fear of ferrari to enter in wec is just a speculation of yours.
I remember when Montezemolo talked about the return of Ferrari in Le Mans with a P1, few years ago = the fox and the grape.
He was enthusiast, but then...???
He was in Le Mans, too. But then...???
You make me smile when you compare Audi or Porsche to the fox, forgetting Ferrari is at least as fox as the german manufacturers.
Ok, you're italian.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3238502)   #1406
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you look at viewing figures and even now attendances I think now Italians find the pinnacle of motorsport to be on two wheels and not four and their national motorsports hero to not be scarlet red cars or Schumi/Alonso but instead Valentino Rossi...
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3238503)   #1407
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
opinions, opinions. Ferrari doesn't want to come to le mans because is already in f1 and doesn't care about other competitions. If ferrari would be competitive or not in wec nobody will know. My opinions of porsche f1 intentions have been expressed in the post above.
Opinios, opinions. Are not yours opinions, too?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3238504)   #1408
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

If you read one of my previous post, I said that for a manufacturer is better to run in F1 than WEC, because F1 has the best TV and media coverage. Porsche's statement is suspicious because like f1, lmp1 too use technologies that can't be transfered to road cars as they suggest.
I do not know how audi and porsche work, do you work as engineers for them? if not I do not think you may know it better than me and all the other users here then. I'm tired of this vain discussion, I can live peacefully in a world without ferrari in wec and without porsche in F1.

Last edited by zanfo zanfagni; 23 Apr 2013 at 17:40.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3238512)   #1409
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It is always a mystery to me why people either loath or love ferrari, to me there are nicer looking cars and more reliable cars and faster cars. F1 sells ferrari cloths, flags toys etc but does it actually sell cars, that is debatable however the GT cars at sports car races do look like road cars and the fans at the track seem to own quite a few, unlike at F1 races where the fans are mostly corporate guests and probably don't drive much themselves anyway
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3238515)   #1410
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

I love ferrari's, cavallino rampante gives me a magic sensation that none other car is able to do. A bit because of this sensation and a bit because of ferrari great history and palmares I simply fall in love when i see one. Is pure love, what can i do?

I like other cars as well, but to like is different from to love.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3238517)   #1411
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For italian cars i would rather have a Lambo, they look better, sound better and have an image that says enthusiast rather than corporate toy
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3238520)   #1412
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

I like lamborghini's too, but give me a strange feeling. As James May said while he was driving a countach, Lamborghini cars need to be massive and louder to attract people, while ferrari's grace is just enough to do the same.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3238528)   #1413
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
and the fans at the track seem to own quite a few, unlike at F1 races where the fans are mostly corporate guests and probably don't drive much themselves anyway
Nice generalization. Google pics "monza ferrari fans" or something like that. Difference is may be that these are more fans of the sport team (=Scuderia Ferrari), comparable to football fans for example. (Provocation) Who is more of a real fan, some Average Giancarlo that goes to see races or a rich Enzo owner?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3238530)   #1414
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I bet all these people are corporate guests and own Halliburton stocks.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3238533)   #1415
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have my suspicion that those photo's were not taken at Silverstone, yes there are ferrari fans but those pictures seem to bring motor sport down to the level of football with people blindly following there "Team" sports car racing has always been different with true fans support changing as teams and drivers change and as has happened to me on many occasions sometimes ending up cheering for cars that a few hours before we did not support. Please please can we all try to make sure that sports car racing does not follow the direction of tribal sports.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3238569)   #1416
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
My guess is you've never been to the Monza F1 race. It's not a football/tribal/fling of the moment thing for the tifosi, it's a lifestyle. Hats off for their dedication.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3238573)   #1417
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have my suspicion that those photo's were not taken at Silverstone, yes there are ferrari fans but those pictures seem to bring motor sport down to the level of football with people blindly following there "Team" sports car racing has always been different with true fans support changing as teams and drivers change and as has happened to me on many occasions sometimes ending up cheering for cars that a few hours before we did not support. Please please can we all try to make sure that sports car racing does not follow the direction of tribal sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
My guess is you've never been to the Monza F1 race. It's not a football/tribal/fling of the moment thing for the tifosi, it's a lifestyle. Hats off for their dedication.
Hmm, Dangerous discussion topic here.

Perhaps we should just get back to the Porsche topic?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3238575)   #1418
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Back to Porsche is indeed the right thing to do.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3238576)   #1419
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well I am a sports car fan I love this sport and I hope to god that it stays the way it always has been without the blind addiction to one team or make, I follow the sport not one make, if it goes the way of football then it will lose me and I suspect many others, several years ago I remember the massive cheer the fans gave to the Ford GT as it managed a podium place against all the odds or the lonely mazda when it won to massive cheers even from the mass jaguar fans along the pit straights it is that spirit that I love and if it is replaced by mindless hoards who only follow one thing then it will be lost as a real sport, IMHO.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3238642)   #1420
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
I love ferrari's, cavallino rampante gives me a magic sensation that none other car is able to do. A bit because of this sensation and a bit because of ferrari great history and palmares I simply fall in love when i see one. Is pure love, what can i do?

I like other cars as well, but to like is different from to love.
I love Porsche due to its performances, driving sensations, design, reliability, racing palmares. I think Porsche gives you something other cars can't make you feel. The noise of a 911 is pure music, and when you drive a Porsche you feel the distilled of all its more than 28.000 wins in all motorsports classes and competitions. No other manufacturer can give you the same feeling. Porsche is pure passion.
I like other cars, but as you've said, love is a different story. And you can only have one love.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3238647)   #1421
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
I like lamborghini's too, but give me a strange feeling. As James May said while he was driving a countach, Lamborghini cars need to be massive and louder to attract people, while ferrari's grace is just enough to do the same.
Lamborghini was born to be massive, louder, aggressive and hot. It's not just to beat Ferrari, but it's Lamborghini way of life. Lambo is capable to make Ferrari invisible.
James May... english humor!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3238849)   #1422
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
For italian cars i would rather have a Lambo, they look better, sound better and have an image that says enthusiast rather than corporate toy
That is actually the opposite to the reality from my experience.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3238869)   #1423
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

Nothing can make invisible a true myth. Ferrari cars shine brightly even inside a dark room. When lamborghini main activty was farm tractors and Ferdinand Porsche was projecting the first beetle, Ferrari was already a sportscar producer. History. You may like or not, but when you see a ferrari put your hat off, because you are not watching only a car, but one of the most important page of the automotive history and that deserves respect.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3238877)   #1424
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nothing can make invisible a true myth. Ferrari cars shine brightly even inside a dark room. When lamborghini main activty was farm tractors and Ferdinand Porsche was projecting the first beetle, Ferrari was already a sportscar producer. History. You may like or not, but when you see a ferrari put your hat off, because you are not watching only a car, but one of the most important page of the automotive history and that deserves respect.
I think the thread below is the place for marque fanatics to post their versions of the truth. Especially regarding to Porsche vs. Ferrari...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103894

Any remote chance this thread can get back on topic?

Richard
Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3238878)   #1425
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed, ands that's why Fedinand Porsche said the following:
"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself ".
Ferdinand Porsche.