Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3523290)   #401
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure many of the bars close to the circuit will be showing it, certainly the tertre rouge bar and those near the main enterance (maxim's)
Old 3 Apr 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3523565)   #402
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Just another two months to go and we will be setting off from Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland. I'm currently doing my Itinerary. And I'm really struggling on what to do during the evenings on Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays. As I'm not one who would stay around the camp. I want to be doing stuff.

Does anyone know what the best way of watching the Canadian Grand Prix is? As that happens on the Sunday before. And it's usually a really good race. Don't want to miss it. My Dad doesn't want to go into the town to a pub so that isn't a option.
Stella Bar, as Simon (GT6) says, is probably a solid bet for seeing the race in Canada, failing that on the Sunday evening getting a decent 3G or 4G signal will be no problem so depending on your mobile tariff you could happily stream it from the comfort of your campsite.

Otherwise for Monday or Tuesday evening I suspect heading into town will be your best bet for reasonable entertainment, it might also be a good opportunity, so long as you've got a designated driver, to explore a touch further for dinner opportunities - there are a number of really rather good towns and villages not far from Le Mans where you can dine really very well indeed.

Hats off, incidentally, for length of your road trip - makes me realise how spoilt some of us are with our SE UK location.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 00:23 (Ref:3523601)   #403
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It was good last year and we meet up with a small group of continental tenthers there above the pits, might even be there this year
Just got my leave granted the week before last week, so I definitely will make it to the testday. Apparently Mulsanne and Arnage are closed during testday, which is too bad because I was planning on doing those in the morning session!
But will attend that mini meeting for sure!
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3523702)   #404
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just got my leave granted the week before last week, so I definitely will make it to the testday. Apparently Mulsanne and Arnage are closed during testday, which is too bad because I was planning on doing those in the morning session!
I've not attended the Test Day for a number of years, but Arnage was most definitely open in 2004, although there was no camping, no facilities, no food.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3523784)   #405
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone who attended the 2014 Test day - can you comment on access to Arnage and Mulsanne? Was hoping to do the same as Vincegail!
Old 4 Apr 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3523803)   #406
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For anyone on 3 in the UK - it seems your contract is valid in France now. Texts and calls are as they would be back home I believe, and if you're on unlimited data in the UK you get a generous 25gb of 3G/4G to use in France.

Hello live timing and scoring!
Old 4 Apr 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3523806)   #407
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Damn, and I'm still stuck with roaming charges of 1 Euro = 4 MB of data in the EU. :/ Either that, or pay 20 Euros to have all the benefits of my normal contract in the EU for a week.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3523853)   #408
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
during tesy day with only 8 hours or so we stayed around the main area, but plenty to d and see
Old 14 Apr 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3527402)   #409
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Three, used the be at home service a couple of times now and it's really good, especially for data usage.
Old 20 Apr 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3529324)   #410
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Arnage and Mulsanne areas are usually open on test day. The only difference is that the grass is not mowed and can be high and still wet.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3529970)   #411
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Great news! Morning 9-13 hr session it's Mulsanne and Arnage for me then, with the afternoon session 14-18 Porsche curves to Tertre Rouge
Old 22 Apr 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3529984)   #412
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great news! Morning 9-13 hr session it's Mulsanne and Arnage for me then, with the afternoon session 14-18 Porsche curves to Tertre Rouge
I'm guessing there's no live streaming for it apart from Radio Le Mans.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3530010)   #413
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I just called the ACO. Mulsanne and Arnage areas will be opened!
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3530236)   #414
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I just called the ACO. Mulsanne and Arnage areas will be opened!
Awesome - thanks for the news! Have only been lucky to attend Le Mans twice and never made it to Arnage or Mulsanne. Was afraid of getting stuck in traffic and missing alot of the race!

Is it correct to assume that tickets are at the gate only - if you're only attending the Test day?
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3530244)   #415
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I believe that is correct
Old 23 Apr 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3530251)   #416
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although if you have got tickets for the race they cover the test day too.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 08:58 (Ref:3532094)   #417
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I would agree some area's are friendly but not all and to be honest leaving it in places to then get into stands etc or the viewing area's may cause a further problem.
The mass of people will also cause a very slow progress around at certain times, So perhaps it would be easier to use the scooter at certain times but not at others.
Old 8 May 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3535440)   #418
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Hi.
have a look at the Club Arnage guide. There is a chapter (page 83) with tips and experinces with acces with wheelchairs.

http://www.wernerkirchmann.com/downl...aguide2014.pdf
Old 8 May 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3535569)   #419
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any news on a 2015 version? I rarely pop into CA these days.
Old 8 May 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3535640)   #420
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Werner is working on the CA guide as per usual. No publishing date yet as far as I know.
Just a quick mention - the rate of donation to download is downright disgraceful.
Very few people downloading bother to make any donation at all.
Gets me hot under the collar. Please be the exception if you take a copy
Old 9 May 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3535869)   #421
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although I don't necessarily download it every year, I've always donated when I have - and so should anyone else who takes advantage of it......
Old 11 May 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3536450)   #422
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
I think that the CA guide is very usefull if you are a 1st timer.
Full with history and usefull tips.

But do support there cause if you download the guide.

Kenn
Old 12 May 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3536689)   #423
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got my tickets & camping all sorted (paperwork arrived over the weekend) - original plan was to go solo, but a couple of mates might be able to join me at the last minute.

Will they be able to just buy general admission tickets at the gate & share my pitch?
Old 12 May 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3536690)   #424
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I've got my tickets & camping all sorted (paperwork arrived over the weekend) - original plan was to go solo, but a couple of mates might be able to join me at the last minute.

Will they be able to just buy general admission tickets at the gate & share my pitch?
Yes.
It is however only one car per pitch, but they can camp on your pitch, as long as there is room.
Old 12 May 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3536701)   #425
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

which site are you on?

The security on some sites means that you will need to arrive at the site at the same time as when you do leave it you will be given a pass which you will be required to hand over when you want to get back on to the site, although you can sometimes get late arrivals on it can be a problem. The camping tickets are scanned when you leave and when you arrive to stop the old trick of multiple cars arrive then people take the ticket back out to get the each car in.
Closed Thread