Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jun 2002, 14:42 (Ref:302339)   #1
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today at the track

Dropped by the track today. Great to meet up at last Fab!

The most noticable change from last year is that some of the temporary stands have different roofs, at bit like multiple tent roofs 3 or 4 deep and 7 or 8 wide. Otherwise work is still progressing on the ACO stand (I bloody well hope they finish it in time!!) and the front of the ACO offices around the shop.

Didn't get to see the new garages, I'll try to drop by again later.

There was a delegation of British Morgans parked outside the museum, but I didn't get a chance to find out more.

The place is soaked in anticipation!

FG
Old 1 Jun 2002, 15:04 (Ref:302346)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I can't resist to post a picture of this pre-race meeting... what a pleasure and emotion to meet for the first time ! the was a coffee and orange juice for our respective daughters... lots of thing to Olwan !

Before we met, FG, we had a fast glance at the new stands, seem to be finished...

I'll post the Morgan meeting picture after, just in case !

Hope to meet you as well at the race, all, but no doubt we will with FG and wives !

Last edited by Fab; 1 Jun 2002 at 15:05.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 16:06 (Ref:302369)   #3
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who is who in the picture? is that fab on the left, fg1 on the right?

i'll know to avoid this dodgy looking pair in a fortnight's time!!!

wives?
how many each????

Last edited by Osella; 1 Jun 2002 at 16:11.
Old 1 Jun 2002, 16:23 (Ref:302372)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
who is who in the picture? is that fab on the left, fg1 on the right?
You won the contest, Osella !

Quote:
i'll know to avoid this dodgy looking pair in a fortnight's time!!!
Don't avoid, ask for a !

Do we look so terrible ?

Quote:
wives? how many each????
Lots, it seems ! But for the race, one each will be enough (I'll let FG give details, if he wishes !)
Old 1 Jun 2002, 17:10 (Ref:302383)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is that this years morgan entry behind you?
Old 1 Jun 2002, 18:58 (Ref:302445)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
is that this years morgan entry behind you?
Yes, yes, they are made in wood as well !!!
Old 1 Jun 2002, 19:59 (Ref:302487)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very dodgy looking pair indeed!
Old 1 Jun 2002, 21:41 (Ref:302525)   #8
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMIGOD. That's a DREADFUL Pic!!!

What's more I'm holding my gut in!

I shall never be able to show my face in Le Mans, La Sarthe or France ever again!

FG

PS, Memo to self. LOSE SOME WEIGHT!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 08:04 (Ref:302679)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
OMIGOD. That's a DREADFUL Pic!!!
Don't forget my small camera is not flattering ! But what a "souvenir"

Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
PS, Memo to self. LOSE SOME WEIGHT!
FG, please don't change ANYTHING ! You're perfect like that (ask Mrs G - I refuse definitely to named her as you do ! - and the ankle biters ! I'm sure they have nothing to say about it !)

Can't wait till D DAY !
Old 2 Jun 2002, 20:46 (Ref:302965)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very nice, you two! Fab of course I've known by "sight" for quite a while. How about turning this into a "so you can recognise me at Le Mans thread........."?
Old 2 Jun 2002, 20:49 (Ref:302967)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not until next year Ayse!!!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 05:39 (Ref:303155)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
How about turning this into a "so you can recognise me at Le Mans thread........."?
What if it rains ? (it never happend, anyway, I ask just in case... )

Ayse, you're the "mood officer" (does is mean something ? It seems that I'm playing with english tongue !) : no problem for a "Who am I" Contest at Le Mans ! We're only 200 000, nevertheless : it should be easy , I'm optimistic !

Come on, pals, post your picture !
Old 4 Jun 2002, 02:59 (Ref:304019)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, just look out for the t-shirt - mind you, it may be too hot to wear one..........
Attached Images

Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:43 (Ref:304593)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
For me, just look out for the t-shirt - mind you, it may be too hot to wear one..........
Mmmmmmmmmmmm !

Is it wearable above raincoat ?

Doesn't matter ! looks wonderful !
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:39 (Ref:305418)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just for the mood, I took some pictures on the track today...

Look at the weather

A little teazer : where is this picture take ?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:43 (Ref:305422)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And this one ?

(please say stop if not interresting... well, I have to admit it's not, but it's just for the pleasure ! )

Last edited by Fab; 5 Jun 2002 at 16:44.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:45 (Ref:305483)   #17
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the second one at Indy? The first could be anywhere between the Porsche curves and the start/finish, as far as I know (never having seen that section other than on tv).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:49 (Ref:305487)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Is the second one at Indy? The first could be anywhere between the Porsche curves and the start/finish, as far as I know (never having seen that section other than on tv).
Well done, Paul ! The second is Indy indeed, and the first is the start of the new portion (where the cars leave the road to enter the permanent track), before the first Porsche curve...
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:50 (Ref:305489)   #19
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I concur. Number 2 must be Indianapolis. My favourite spectating area.

Oooo, I'm getting excited.....
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:39 (Ref:305520)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's how I knew...
Attached Thumbnails
11-arnage1.jpg  
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 6 Jun 2002, 05:18 (Ref:305982)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Here's how I knew...
I can't recognize the category of the car... and what did you do with your helmet ?
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:19 (Ref:306301)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
It would be ACO's new mini-GT category, known in North America as the microvan. Also, back to the old rules where you have to carry your mechanic / photographer with you. (And luggage and child, but that's optional under ACO regs) All other GT cars will be ballasted to provide the same hp-to-weight ratio as this little 1.6 normally aspirated puppy. Imagine 911s and Renault Scenics going wheel-to-wheel. Exciting!

On second thought, maybe not.

Still, driving a public road with Armco is an unique experience.

-Bill James
Old 6 Jun 2002, 14:59 (Ref:306463)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
It would be ACO's new mini-GT category, known in North America as the microvan. Also, back to the old rules where you have to carry your mechanic / photographer with you. (And luggage and child, but that's optional under ACO regs)
What about the go cart ?

Last edited by Fab; 6 Jun 2002 at 14:59.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 16:17 (Ref:306533)   #24
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
to(hopefully)keep the sun out my eyes, i'll be wearing a baseball cap with this logo. not as individual as ayses t-shirt i'm afraid!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 16:18 (Ref:306534)   #25
kdr
Veteran

s**t...i didn't think it would come out that big!

as the tart said to the vicar..