Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Jun 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3833826)   #1226
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
At the least the car didn’t burst into flames as per tradition.
Perhaps that was just lucky!

Let's see if they have the budget to complete the super-season in full.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3841003)   #1227
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
ByKolles going to be testing the HD kit at Spa on the 8th https://www.lemans.org/en/news/the-b...verstone/49970. Hope to see some pictures.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3841164)   #1228
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
ByKolles going to be testing the HD kit at Spa on the 8th https://www.lemans.org/en/news/the-b...verstone/49970. Hope to see some pictures.

What is the point honestly? Do they hope to beat the Toyotas?
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3841184)   #1229
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Have you really thought one second what you write. Sorry Juntos but this post is maybe welcome in a comedy forum but not in a serious motorsports board.

ByKolles have always said they don't look at Toyota as they are out of reach. So what is the point. Maybe adding more downforce for the HD circuits as they have run the low downforce kit at Spa and LM. So what is wrong if they develop a new aero and test it and maybe get closer to the other private teams ????????
Old 3 Aug 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3841188)   #1230
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You've gotten super negative recently, not sure why.

Some people just want to race. It's passion. Not everyone can win.

Christ, I go for runs but I also log them on Strava. I don't look at the standings tables and think "Why bother, I can't beat that pro".
Old 4 Aug 2018, 03:12 (Ref:3841282)   #1231
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Maybe Toyota crashes and they can win? You race on even if the hopes look slim. It's the same for any private lmp1 team this year but a record amount of lmp1's since the wec's inception have entered. Why is that if they have no chance?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 03:43 (Ref:3841287)   #1232
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Sometimes you have to say the truth, no matter how cruel it sounds! I haven't been super negative but we have to be realistic once in a while. What is the point of keep pouring money on a car that can't compete to win races nor it will last more than one (super season) season? The ByKolles won't get nothing else but mileage until the end of the 2018/2019 WEC season. Spending money in HD is a completely non-sense due to their resources and budget limitations.

Old proverb: The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3841303)   #1233
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. It is unlikely they’ll beat Toyota, as it was before. So as they were willing to compete against Toyota and the others before it is reasonable to think they still are. Ultimately this is a non-point for this thread. Instead of dragging it down to another discussion about the state of only having one factory team why not discuss what is actual going on. This situation has been in place and known for ages and done to death in more appropriate threads. It’s not Facebook.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3841304)   #1234
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m guessing this new package will be more suitable to most of the remaining tracks in the season. So, not for Le Mans and Fuji, but good elsewhere.

What actually will change on the car? What are the potential gains?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3841356)   #1235
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Instead of dragging it down to another discussion about the state of only having one factory team why not discuss what is actual going on. This situation has been in place and known for ages and done to death in more appropriate threads. It’s not Facebook.
Indeed this is not Facebook nor I was looking to drag the conversation to Toyota's.

My point is "why a team with limited resources is investing heavily in performance if they don't have the reliability in first place"?

Like you just asked - What actually will change on the car? What are the potential gains?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3841387)   #1236
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you're making huge assumptions, just to validate your own opinion. Producing a HD kit isn't "investing heavily in performance". In fact, it's the bare minimum you have to do to even run the car - a standard HD kit, and a LM kit. There's nothing to suggest they've invested more in performance than reliability at this point.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3841389)   #1237
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Indeed this is not Facebook nor I was looking to drag the conversation to Toyota's.
You failed there

Quote:
My point is "why a team with limited resources is investing heavily in performance if they don't have the reliability in first place"?
I missed that

Most of what you say in this post was lost in the original flippant comment. Even now, with my attempt to bring things back to where you say the original comment was intended to be I am treated to a

Quote:
Like you just asked - What actually will change on the car? What are the potential gains?
Let’s hope we get some pictures or more information.

I agree they should work on reliability too. Although teams often develop more than one thing at a time and the people doing the reliability and the people working on aero are probably separate with different skills. Whilst there may be limited resources waiting until reliability is fixed before working on speed will keep them behind their competition.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3841391)   #1238
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Worth pointing out that at Spa, ByKolles finished 4th. Behind only Toyota are Rebellion. At Le Mans they were reliable but crashed. It happens. In the LMP1 Manufacturers table, they sit 3rd.

Also, if you have aerodynamic engineers, they aren't going to be doing too much work on reliability.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3844244)   #1239
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

The ByKolles went on flames today. Literally.

So what was the reason for the fireworks?
Old 17 Aug 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3844251)   #1240
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The ByKolles went on flames today. Literally.

So what was the reason for the fireworks?
Looks like the enso engine endo'd...(sorry someone had to say it)
Old 17 Aug 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3844289)   #1241
TF110
Veteran

United States
Maybe it's more than just the engine. They caught fire with the AER and now with the Nismo. Could it be packaging is running it too hot? I wonder. I posted this in the race thread, but has anyone found any pictures of the new HD kit? I saw some grainy photos from the side on twitter and that's all.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 17:12 (Ref:3844290)   #1242
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Maybe it's more than just the engine. They caught fire with the AER and now with the Nismo. Could it be packaging is running it too hot? I wonder. I posted this in the race thread, but has anyone found any pictures of the new HD kit? I saw some grainy photos from the side on twitter and that's all.
I think you're right with cooling, but they also seem to have different problems each time. They've had fuel likes and exhaust related fires too. God knows what's going on over there.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3844314)   #1243
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a4&oe=5BFDD626

The only photo I can find of this weekend so far, and not much use for aerokits lol.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:07 (Ref:3844330)   #1244
TF110
Veteran

United States
I found one, from above by Nismo's twitter

obviously the splitter is huge, but besides that I only can see different mirrors and diveplanes.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3844332)   #1245
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I wonder what the story is behind the skull and crossbones on the nose is.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3844339)   #1246
TF110
Veteran

United States
Found another one on Twitter, see if it works

Fixed it

Last edited by TF110; 17 Aug 2018 at 19:38.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3844340)   #1247
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I wonder what the story is behind the skull and crossbones on the nose is.
The Pirate Pen Co. are industry leaders in highlighters.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3844535)   #1248
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Seems the test of performance didn't work not that great!
Old 18 Aug 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3844542)   #1249
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Seems the test of performance didn't work not that great!
They did miss an entire practice session. Maybe with that they would have been closer.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3844560)   #1250
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably they need a new chassis to see the full potential of the NISMO engine.

It will be interesting if they could run that engine in a Oreca Chassis.