Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2860374)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Schumacher win a race this year?

Honestly....will he ever make it back onto the podium? I say no. In past history, he has managed to make it onto podiums and even to the top step with inferior cars. I see zero spark from the man now. Does he need more time or will this season be a mirror image of last year?
Old 8 Apr 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2860418)   #2
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
.... I see zero spark from the man now.
Thats the part I dont agree with. I think he is increddibly fustrated with the lack of results (and Nico) and very motivated to make all his doubters eat their hats. He just became too much of an ice cold pro to show it. Also having a Swiss castle with a loving family and a seperate room for your 234543456 trophies (with 7 of them being rather large ones) can make you appear calm sometimes

My short answer is yea tho, I think he will win one.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2860480)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's not going to win a race unless there's some serious attrition in the top 3 teams! Surely the only venue where that might be possible is somewhere like Monaco?

Podiums are a much more reasonable expectation.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2860491)   #4
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
He's not going to win a race unless there's some serious attrition in the top 3 teams!
Plus at least one Renault and the other Mercedes...
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2860494)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Plus at least one Renault and the other Mercedes...
And probably a Torro Rosso!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2860510)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, but Rosberg might.

Quote:
I see zero spark from the man now.
I still see motivation in him (he must be massively motivated), but he doesn't have that steely demeanour he used to have that helped carry him to some of his successes.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2860519)   #7
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He seems to have outpaced Nico in the last couple of sessions, hoping he will keep that up through P3 and Q and the race.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2860532)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
No, but Rosberg might.
That's what i believe too. I think if there's a race with enough happening that Merc find themselves at the front, Nico will be ahead of Michael.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2860536)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think there's more chance this season than there was last, but that's as far as I'll go at this stage.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2860544)   #10
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll stick my neck out and say it then..

Yeah, I think we will see MS on the podium once.. maybe even twice this year. He may not be as quick as he once was but Merc look a little stronger this year, the man just has sooo much experience and in a wet race, always a leveller.. I wouldn't write him off.

Last edited by Zico; 8 Apr 2011 at 14:26.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2860560)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he actually might have a chance this year to take at least 1 win. I think it might happen later in the year, when the Mercedes has been improved. I also think it might come down to one of the other teams making a bad pitstop call and in so doing allowing Schumi through.

I also think there might be a strong possibility that Rosberg will win a race, possibly 2. If he beats Schumi to the first Mercedes win, then Schumi might be in real trouble. Remember Rosberg could have possibly won China last year, if he hadn't gone off and allowed Button and Hamilton through.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2860572)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
He could get a win this year. But as with any driver outside of the top two or three teams, it'll need to be a bit of a mixed-up race - he won't win on pure pace.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2860578)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher could win a race this year I think yes, but as has been said it would take a lot of luck, like the Mclaren drivers and Red Bulls not finishing. Is he faster than Rosberg? Possibly, last year no I dont beleive he was but this year he has to date appeared to be much more on the pace.

Podiums are a distinct possibilty though in my opinion, how many is another question all together though, 2 or 3 maybe I would guess, it all depends on how well Mercedes can develop the car during the course of the season.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2860581)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
He could get a win this year. But as with any driver outside of the top two or three teams, it'll need to be a bit of a mixed-up race - he won't win on pure pace.
I agree, but as it happens a mixed-up race is what we are likely to get this weekend, judging by the first day's practice.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2860583)   #15
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I agree, but as it happens a mixed-up race is what we are likely to get this weekend, judging by the first day's practice.
I am not so sure that much is revealed by Friday practice results/times so far in 2011 - just look back to Australia and there was a similar 'mixed up' Friday compared to P3, quali and, even more so, the race.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2860609)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I am not so sure that much is revealed by Friday practice results/times so far in 2011 - just look back to Australia and there was a similar 'mixed up' Friday compared to P3, quali and, even more so, the race.
It wasn't so much the times I was thinking about as the tyre wear and the possibility of rain. They're talking about three or four stops even if it's dry and strategy is going to be really important.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2860622)   #17
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It wasn't so much the times I was thinking about as the tyre wear and the possibility of rain. They're talking about three or four stops even if it's dry and strategy is going to be really important.
Very true. A good result, in that case, could involve a big element of good fortune...

Even the best calculated strategy can be useless if the rain comes at the wrong time!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2860639)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Honestly....will he ever make it back onto the podium? I say no. In past history, he has managed to make it onto podiums and even to the top step with inferior cars. I see zero spark from the man now. Does he need more time or will this season be a mirror image of last year?

No he won't.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2860717)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
No he won't.
If you guys are all so sure that Schumacher won't win this year go and put your money on it .... let us know how much you are prepared to bet on your absolute truth and the odds you get!
Old 9 Apr 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2861045)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If you guys are all so sure that Schumacher won't win this year go and put your money on it .... let us know how much you are prepared to bet on your absolute truth and the odds you get!
I would say he will not get onto the top two steps without an upset race.....
That is one where he gambled on tyre strategy because of excessive tyre wear, or rain, track floods etc.

I can almost say with some certainty that he won't get a first or second in a straight dry race unless Brawn and co make some radical steps in performance.
The car is simply not quick enough to be a consistent podium challenger in its present form. I am not against it (I chose it as my vehicle for the fantasy challenge) but it isn't on the money as it currently is.
It must be a bit galling for Nico to have had two years wuith a team that just isn't quite there and isn't much better than the Williams after a standout year the year before he joined them. But thats how it goes...
Old 10 Apr 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2861360)   #21
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was actually thinking now, what with the pace of the Renault, whether that will take a win before any of the Mercedes drivers?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2861489)   #22
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Anyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't expect him to win a Grand Prix again because he's not what he was and his car's not fast enough. It's only my opinion and as i don't bet I won't put money on it. Anything can happen over a weekend that could see him do well, but I think like others he'll need a very large slice of luck.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2861511)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Nico Rosberg: The new Jenson Button.............
Old 10 Apr 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2861558)   #24
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can he still win? Absolutely, will he win? Depends on if Ross and co pull their fingers out of their asses and get to the bottom of their poor and inconsistant pace.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2861708)   #25
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put him in a Red Bull or McLaren and he would win race after race.