Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2861716)   #26
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Put him in a Red Bull or McLaren and he would win race after race.
Neither Hamilton, Button nor Webber are winning race after race in those cars, and I'd rate all three as better than the Schumacher of today.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2861754)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Neither Hamilton, Button nor Webber are winning race after race in those cars, and I'd rate all three as better than the Schumacher of today.
But is there a motivation there for Mr Schumacher, that if he were in a car patently better than his Mercedes, that he might pull his own finger out and get cracking?

Mr Rosberg isnt doing too good in Mr Brawn's latest efforts...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Apr 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2861829)   #28
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
i just posted somthing similar to that in the rosberg v schum thread I think schumacher would be about the same level as Webber , but Vettel and Hamilton are better drivers at this point in time
Old 11 Apr 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2861871)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If you guys are all so sure that Schumacher won't win this year go and put your money on it .... let us know how much you are prepared to bet on your absolute truth and the odds you get!
Good joke
Old 11 Apr 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2861897)   #30
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I hve seen is the team and car are not bing developed as the ferraris were at his tenure there. The car es a suit tailored to the man, now it seems an off the rack oufit cut and trimmed for two people. He might win, but the teamworks behind the scene dontsem to be as together as anything he had before, and maclaren, ferrari, red bull, even renault, all seem to have quicker chassis, never mind the customer Mercedes seems to have more oompf strangely.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2861943)   #31
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think he'll win a race this year, and I would be surprised to even see him on the podium. It could happen in an unusual race where there are lots of retirements, but even then TGF isn't exactly first in line to inherit a podium place if a couple of the usual suspects drop out. He'll need a massive slice of luck.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2862012)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No.

Not a prayer.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2862045)   #33
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not by ability he will not get a podium or win but by equipment. You lot have this thing in your head because of his age he is past it. He is matching and beating Nico so far this season, if the Merc was a half decent car he would be figting it out at the front.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2862086)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If you guys are all so sure that Schumacher won't win this year go and put your money on it .... let us know how much you are prepared to bet on your absolute truth and the odds you get!
If someone offered me good odds on it, I would. I fear I would only find 1:3 or something though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
Its not by ability he will not get a podium or win but by equipment. You lot have this thing in your head because of his age he is past it. He is matching and beating Nico so far this season, if the Merc was a half decent car he would be figting it out at the front.
I don't think it's because of his age.

Last edited by Born Racer; 11 Apr 2011 at 20:14.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2862123)   #35
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
How much have you got on him to win, wnut?
Old 11 Apr 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2862142)   #36
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would bet a bit on him winning if it was something like 50 or 60-1 or over.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2862279)   #37
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
He is matching and beating Nico so far this season, if the Merc was a half decent car he would be figting it out at the front.
You can't really judge whether he's "matching and beating" Rosberg after two races, one of which they both failed to finish. So far he's been outqualified by him twice and then finished ahead of him in the one race where they've both made it to the end. Not the most compelling evidence of a return to form.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Apr 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2862442)   #38
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surpisingly really cannot see it happening , unless Brawn drops on some mod that suddenly gives them a big car advantage and that does not seem likely either.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2862583)   #39
Senninha25
Rookie

Madeira
Madeira Island, Portugal
Senninha25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he has a chance of winning in Italy. The Mercedes is a very quick car when it comes to fast circuits and straight line speed and if the car's currrent gremlins are solved before the fast GP's, he might be in with a chance of winning or scoring a podium position.
Old 12 Apr 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2862612)   #40
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
We'll come back to that prediction after the Italian GP.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2862789)   #41
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well would you tip Petrov to win a race this season? What about Heidfeld? They've already got they're podiums, and surely are looking more likely to get a win right now then Schumacher.

My tip is Kobayashi to podium before TGF.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2863105)   #42
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
How much have you got on him to win, wnut?
Not much, but then the certainty of some of our friends here that he won't win would seem to make anything above bank interest rates a done deal!

I agree with RF_Racer above here.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2863930)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Are any bookmakers giving odds on Shumi winning a GP?
Old 16 Apr 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2864224)   #44
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about odds on him getting into Q3 or being consistently faster than his team mate? Both look unlikely at present. If he's to win a race I would imagine he'd have to achieve both of the above.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2864306)   #45
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
What about odds on him getting into Q3 or being consistently faster than his team mate? Both look unlikely at present. If he's to win a race I would imagine he'd have to achieve both of the above.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2864316)   #46
mrsweety
Racer

mrsweety should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90778
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:44 (Ref:2864321)   #47
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A more realistic question would be, "Will Schumacher make it to Q3 this year?"
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2864325)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
William Hill are giving Shumi odds of 200/1 to win the Chinese GP with an each way bet at 1/5 1-3. They are also giving him odds of 200/1 to win the WDC with an each way bet at 1/3 1-2.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2864911)   #49
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm more hopeful after today's performance (from Rosberg too) than I was last week.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2864921)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I'm more hopeful after today's performance (from Rosberg too) than I was last week.
It will be interesting to see if William Hill's odds have changed.