Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2866574)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
I cant help thinking that if Alonso went into a McLaren pit in similar circumstances, most of the users of this forum would be calling for him to be penalised, banned, suspended or worse etc. etc.
No.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2866582)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I cant help thinking that if Alonso went into a McLaren pit in similar circumstances, most of the users of this forum would be calling for him to be penalised, banned, suspended or worse etc. etc.
I don't think this would happen.

It would be just as funny.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2866646)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can't wait for the next race, when Button gets into Vettel's car on the starting grid and discovers that all the knobs and switches aren't where they used to be!
Old 20 Apr 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2866967)   #54
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Apr 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2866995)   #55
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Or Jenson Button: Still thinking he's world champion.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2867002)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 must be a really boring sport if the most anyone can worry about is someone nearly parking in the wrong place.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2867114)   #57
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, he should not get penalized for that. He should get the "Reject Of the Race" award from f1rejects.com for it.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2867506)   #58
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Andy Blackmore has just posted this on Facebook (with permission to repost) - genius...
You know, although RB and McL are very different there are quite a number of crews that do look very similar. I'm surprised this hasn't happened before bearing in mind the number of controls on the wheel top concentrate on, the radio to listen to, and the approach speed which is the maximum allowed on UK roads.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2867519)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
No, he should not get penalized for that. He should get the "Reject Of the Race" award from f1rejects.com for it.
I've just looked but they haven't updated the site to include the Chinese GP.

http://www.f1rejects.com/

Though the establishment of the 'Retard of the Race' award might be more appropriate and could cover a number of things.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 21 Apr 2011 at 13:50. Reason: Made a cup of tea
Old 21 Apr 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2867837)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
F1 must be a really boring sport if the most anyone can worry about is someone nearly parking in the wrong place.

And you must be really bored if...
Old 21 Apr 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2867848)   #61
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you throw your TV in disgust? And how many TVs have you gone through?
Old 21 Apr 2011, 22:48 (Ref:2867850)   #62
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't lift my tv never mind throw it.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2867886)   #63
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Not at all...
Old 22 Apr 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2868124)   #64
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alonso has a history of lingering in the McLaren pitbox, though...
Old 22 Apr 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2868127)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A very short history, but an interesting one, nonetheless.

Alonso did not get a penalty for deliberately impeding a driver in that instance either. But the rules have since been changed to rectify that. Did Button impede another driver to gain advantage from the incident? *Thinks back to other incidents that happened in the pit lane during last seasons Chinese GP*
Old 22 Apr 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2868332)   #66
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
definately not, would be harsh. to think what other people have got away with. to air my thoughts on the post, a british fan against mcclaren in favour of red bull should hang their head in shame....
Old 22 Apr 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2868363)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 22 Apr 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2868400)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which Alonso incident? Hungary '07? He got a grid drop for that, for some reason.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2868428)   #69
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Especially if it involves Michael Schumacher at Rascasse! That created a reasonable stir up and down pitlane, and was the catalyst to much discussion throughout the media.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 01:12 (Ref:2868436)   #70
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
definately not, would be harsh. to think what other people have got away with. to air my thoughts on the post, a british fan against mcclaren in favour of red bull should hang their head in shame....
I'm a British Ferrari fan. Does that make me a bad person?

How about if I add that I can't stand McLaren and I think Ron Dennis is a spineless hypocrite?
Old 23 Apr 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2868445)   #71
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I'm a British Ferrari fan. Does that make me a bad person?
No, not a bad person, just lapses showing poor judgement

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
How about if I add that I can't stand McLaren and I think Ron Dennis is a spineless hypocrite?
Now you are indicating you are indeed a fine person with their finger on the pulse, possessing excellent judgement and character assessment ability.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2868491)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Which Alonso incident? Hungary '07? He got a grid drop for that, for some reason.
Indeed he did. But it was quite deliberate, which could explain why he got a penalty.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2868505)   #73
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Id just hope that Mclaren did the only sensible option available to them..... jack his car up and wheel it out of the way
Old 23 Apr 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2868534)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Do you like Martin Whitmarsh garcon?

I must admit I always liked Ron Dennis, even though he could be rather odd and unusual. But I don't really miss him any more and admire Whitmarsh greatly.

I don't know why I felt the need to ask that in this topic but I did.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2868535)   #75
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
It's a fair question. I'm fairly ambivalent towards Whitmarsh - he's a good technician, and although he may have been implicated in the cheating episode, it was 'super clean' Dennis who was running the show at the time, in his own, inimitable, control freak way.