Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Dec 2012, 02:39 (Ref:3179678)   #2126
lucky snake
Rookie

lucky snake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
after munnich motorsport, the new fia gt loses also another important team like hexis... so what could be worse than 2012 fia gt1 season?... maybe the 2013 one.
There is still some hope that hexis will run in BES with just one pro car.

The pair of V8 racing c6r are just old GT1 cars with shorter restrictors and without diffuser, are not GTE cars because gt-oepn allowed to run with a special homologation like the vantage V12 SGT.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3179758)   #2127
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/af-corse-s-amato-ferrari-reveals-busy-2013-program/
AF Corse confirms that they will not participate in the Blancpain Sprint Series
Predictable, they run in GT1 in 2012 due to the pay drivers, money and resources of the GT3 2011 world champions, they have been never interested on that champ and they were paid off with their BoP last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post

Also to add that Hexis wont race in the GT Sprint series, they will race in French GT instead due to financial restrictions.
Well im not quite sure of that, where is the Parente/Mako/duseldorp team going to run apart from Blancpain? (Okay Mako does WEC with 458) this article points towards ELMS where the program neither drivers haven't been anounced.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14875.html

This article talks about an international program on the last line:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14875.html

ELMS does not represent an international program (At short term, neither long for GT3 cars by now), so i would be cautious if we don't have additional info than EI.

Last edited by urdragon; 18 Dec 2012 at 11:28.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3179763)   #2128
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like Hexis won't be racing in the sprints, either...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104854
Old 18 Dec 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3179766)   #2129
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Looks like Hexis won't be racing in the sprints, either...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104854
Thanks.

But I wonder then why they are planning a WEC program?, i'm sure sponsorships costs compensate better on wec i suppose.

This is clearly the demise of Ratels champ, it is possible even this year the GTOpen has better quality grid than sprints (They had already better numbers), and the international tag doesn't give much with only one international rounds, if i were him, i would cancel the championship if he doesn't have minimum 13 teams or 25 cars, mostly of lower quality than 2012, cause simply the GTOpen will be better according to the quality of the teams and numbers.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3179767)   #2130
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sprint series is going down and GT open is running up, we have to badge the GT Open with FIA logo and the game is done...
V8 are testing in USA the c6r GTE 2012 to employ at least one spec2012 in the gtopen along side the ex Gt1 corvettes and Gt3 Corvette.
News from the GT open awards is that also mercedes and maybe three teams with audis, and 2 new aston will enter the 2013 campaign!
Old 18 Dec 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3179770)   #2131
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Thanks.

But I wonder then why they are planning a WEC program?, i'm sure sponsorships costs compensate better on wec i suppose.
Not quite, they don't want to do short races internationally anymore to put it quite simply. And the WEC program is McLaren lead...
Old 18 Dec 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3179785)   #2132
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
The fact is that Europe can't escape the crisis according to germany's growth, the fact that Ratel's Champ is Europe+ only dooms with a small long term growth of a championship that needs quite new air and new teams involvement.

In nowadays motorsport, this should be done with the aid of Nord American economy, to what Ratel is a completelly miss. A decent world championship should be done with the involvement of Europe and the USA, and only the WEC by now has this type of involvement, but there the GT presence is minor so we've finished into the most powerfull GT grid ever without a GT-only world championship unless Ratel and Hayek want to change Blancpain range for 2014.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3179833)   #2133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Adac GT Masters limited grid of 28 cars for 2013 might be helpful for Ratel...
Old 19 Dec 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3180003)   #2134
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
28+6 !
Old 10 Jan 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3187299)   #2135
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Speedweek's Oliver Runschke via Twitter:

Quote:
Ratel announced at Autosport show 9 team for GT Sprint: Vita4One, WRT, Phoenix, Novadriver, Prospeed, Rodrive/Lambda, Heico, Reiter, Loeb
Old 11 Jan 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3187799)   #2136
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Adac GT Masters limited grid of 28 cars for 2013 might be helpful for Ratel...
Care to elaborate? Why would they do that?
Old 11 Jan 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3187926)   #2137
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
According to DSC:
Quote:
A maximum of 28 slots are available for teams, with the teams also being offered an official test and media day before the season. Registration for the 2013 season has opened. ADAC Head of Motorsport Division Lars Soutschka explained why the decision to accept fewer teams was taken. "In order to put the ADAC GT Masters 2013 on a firmer footing, we have also decided to limit the number of drivers taking part," said Soutschka. "By reducing the number of grid positions available, we will strengthen the position of our teams, providing increased media presence for all participants and maximum exposure at the track."
Sorry for going OT...
Old 20 Jan 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3191673)   #2138
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So I came across the season review on youtube last night and watched it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTE2sLws0A

and the full Donington race which Id seen before here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3HmWLI94G0

Just wondering what Michael Bartels said to the All Inkl team when he stormed into their garage at the 48:50 minute mark in the season review and 1:39:50 mark in the full race replay. Im sure it wasnt 'congratulations on the championship' or anything like that but just quite curious as to what he actually said.

Last edited by rich07; 20 Jan 2013 at 09:35.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3191685)   #2139
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was at Donington Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday after the qualifying race in the pitlane there was a bitter dispute in german between Vita4one and All-Inkl drivers. It was in German so I didn´t understood anything but what happened on sunday didn´t surprise me after seen that.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3191687)   #2140
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I was at Donington Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday after the qualifying race in the pitlane there was a bitter dispute in german between Vita4one and All-Inkl drivers. It was in German so I didn´t understood anything but what happened on sunday didn´t surprise me after seen that.
That is quite interesting, bit of an encore to what happened on Sunday.. Which drivers were involved?

And then Basseng claimed after the Sunday race that Yelmer Burmanns dad attacked Winkelhock at the medical centre. Not a happy weekend for both teams.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3191688)   #2141
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That is quite interesting, bit of an encore to what happened on Sunday.. Which drivers were involved?

And then Basseng claimed after the Sunday race that Yelmer Burmanns dad attacked Winkelhock at the medical centre. Not a happy weekend for both teams.
I'm still thinking that's one of the reasons they left the championship...
Old 21 Jan 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3192450)   #2142
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
And then Basseng claimed after the Sunday race that Yelmer Burmanns dad attacked Winkelhock at the medical centre.
Good place for it.
Old 21 Jan 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3192466)   #2143
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I didn´t recognize them, I don´t have enough knowledge
Old 22 Jan 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3192518)   #2144
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just wondering what Michael Bartels said to the All Inkl team when he stormed into their garage at the 48:50 minute mark in the season review and 1:39:50 mark in the full race replay. Im sure it wasnt 'congratulations on the championship' or anything like that but just quite curious as to what he actually said.
He said "you are no world champions" and "this is the most unfair thing I have ever seen".
Old 22 Jan 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3192593)   #2145
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Good place for it.
Yeah indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I didn´t recognize them, I don´t have enough knowledge
No worries. If I put some pics up would you be able to tell me who was involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
He said "you are no world champions" and "this is the most unfair thing I have ever seen".
Many thanks. Gee you must have good hearing, I couldnt quite make out the first part of what he said due to the audio quality of the video. Thats before I thought about translating it