Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Aug 2011, 04:37 (Ref:2939751)   #126
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't the 2009 GT2's 1145kg? No wonder they are being allowed in, they'd be easier to balance against the current GT1 and GT3 cars (add a bigger wing, flat floor (if not equipped already, carbon brakes, more power).
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2939817)   #127
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe some GT1 in 2009 was 1145-1150 heavy, GT2 cars in 2009 were 1200kg as minimum weight.
By the way, modified road 458 with the 6.0 V12 installed already exist, and the owners sure don't regret for this choice, for the race car just will be needed a better weight destribution (the car can be done very light with additional weight added to the front, a similiar thing has been already done with the mc12 GT1 and auri r18)
Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2939822)   #128
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Got a pic of said F612?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2939823)   #129
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Got a pic of said F612?
Unless someone managed to snap Eric Clapton driving his "458", no.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2939924)   #130
alexkiller8
Veteran

according to an italian motorsport magazine of november or december 2010, ferrari produced 5 custom ferrari 458 with 6.0 v12 in 2010 for people that are "special customers" of the company (the same custom program that built the p4/5 using enzo chassis and the ferrari SP1 using 430 scuderia chassis) so i don't understand all this scepticism, also because a lot of GT cars have swapped their original engine with a different one (with the same problems of difference of weight)...

PS. f612 already exist... is the scaglietti... the car should be called 458 v12 edition.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2939955)   #131
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
I never knew about said program, thus the skepticism....

I always thought the Scaglietti was just a 612 not a F612?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2939994)   #132
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
according to an italian motorsport magazine of november or december 2010, ferrari produced 5 custom ferrari 458 with 6.0 v12 in 2010 for people that are "special customers" of the company (the same custom program that built the p4/5 using enzo chassis and the ferrari SP1 using 430 scuderia chassis)
The P4/5 was built by Pininfarina, not by Ferrari.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2940011)   #133
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
The P4/5 was built by Pininfarina, not by Ferrari.
pininfarina is an italian studio designer, has designed and produced the bodywork of the p4/5 in collaboration with ferrari (pininfarina had 0 knowledge of how buil a car or use materials). For this car the word "built" is used wrongly because the car is just a ferrari enzo with a different bodywork, all mechanics part inside come from the enzo.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2940017)   #134
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The point is that it wasn't a part of Ferrari's special projects program like the SP1 was, but a Pininfarina project.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2942521)   #135
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Don't want to alarm anybody but I've just listened to Ratel talking about next year and the bit about not going to F1 tracks seems to be linked in with his comment later on, "my friend Bernie"....makes perfect sense now why they're not racing at the F1 tracks next year...
Old 18 Aug 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2942530)   #136
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the video.

He seems confindent that he's going to beat his naysayers and to be honest I would be pleasantly surprised if he does that.

As for tracks I think the SRO needs to focus on grade one-t and grade two tracks. I would take a page out of Alan Gow's book and look at using shorter tracks such as Dijon-Prenois or Watkins Glen.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2942836)   #137
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Here's the video.

He seems confindent that he's going to beat his naysayers and to be honest I would be pleasantly surprised if he does that.

As for tracks I think the SRO needs to focus on grade one-t and grade two tracks. I would take a page out of Alan Gow's book and look at using shorter tracks such as Dijon-Prenois or Watkins Glen.
Fair point, lovely to see the cars stretch their legs but if the grids are going to be a bot on the smaller side for a bit then it might make sense to see them more often.

The races at Adria were belters when they went there and Oschersleben seems to be a good venue for them as well?

Why not add Snetterton..... that would give a smallish or non F1 circuit but with a couple of longer bits for the noise aspect!!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2942837)   #138
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why not add Snetterton..... that would give a smallish or non F1 circuit but with a couple of longer bits for the noise aspect!!
Noise restrictions?
Old 23 Sep 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2960168)   #139
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2012 World GT Championship to be based on GT3 with equalised GT1 cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane Ratel
Using the FIA Balance of Performance, the current GT1 cars would be able to race with restrictions on their performance to bring them into line with the 2012 GT World specification. It has also been decided that GTE cars will not be eligible, as every manufacturer currently involved in GTE also makes a GT3 model.

-- 2012 will be a transition year, with the current GT1 cars able to compete alongside the new cars. In 2013, every car on the grid will be a GT World car, which will reflect the growing demand for GT3 cars in national and international motorsport around the world. In light of the current economic climate, this GT World specification is the correct solution to secure the future of the FIA GT1 World Championship."
Even more reasons to ignore the series... FIA GT hasn't been the same since Zolder 2009 and I think the San Luis round will be the last very one I have even remote interest of following. Sorry Stephane, if I want to watch artificial racing, I turn on Na$car.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2960171)   #140
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without GTE then, sadly I don't think we will be seeing any Corvettes or Chevrolets next year. (Unless a certain GT3 Camaro that has vanished off the face of the earth appears all of a sudden...)

On the other hand rather than having two or three GT1's, there will be more then a dozen of upgraded GT3's to pick from so I think the lack of cars arguement will be gone then.

Oh god, now the BoP is going to be crazy...
Old 23 Sep 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2960172)   #141
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Do you EVER give up?
*SIGHS*
Old 23 Sep 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2960173)   #142
alexkiller8
Veteran

so next year will be an all GT3 champ. There will be the:

fia gt3 european (i guess still will exist) = gt3
blancpain = gt3 + some gt4
fia gt world = updated gt3 + some more downgraded gt1
adac gt master = gt3
ffsa = gt3
british gt = gt3 + some gt4
itaipava gt = gt3 + some gt4
super gt 300 = gt3 + some gte + some prototypes
japan gt = gt3

so i guess that in europe only in gt open will be still elegible some gt2/gte cars.

Well the time that gt3 cars had to take the place of gt1 i think that has finally come.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2960181)   #143
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
so i guess that in europe only in gt open will be still elegible some gt2/gte cars.
Plus the ones entering VLN/N24.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 22:15 (Ref:2960190)   #144
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
2012 World GT Championship to be based on GT3 with equalised GT1 cars

Even more reasons to ignore the series... FIA GT hasn't been the same since Zolder 2009 and I think the San Luis round will be the last very one I have even remote interest of following. Sorry Stephane, if I want to watch artificial racing, I turn on Na$car.
Certainly the World Performance Balance Championship next year will be more interesting than four out of the five regular ALMS classes. I think Ill stick to Blancpain or especially ADAC GT Masters if I want to watch good GT3 racing though.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2960191)   #145
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Without GTE then, sadly I don't think we will be seeing any Corvettes or Chevrolets next year. (Unless a certain GT3 Camaro that has vanished off the face of the earth appears all of a sudden...)

On the other hand rather than having two or three GT1's, there will be more then a dozen of upgraded GT3's to pick from so I think the lack of cars arguement will be gone then.

Oh god, now the BoP is going to be crazy...
Watching ADAC GT Masters online this year, the Corvettes seem competitive in that series, but heck, even a Dodge Viper was pretty competitive at one of the Nurburgring GT Masters race.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2960205)   #146
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Watching ADAC GT Masters online this year, the Corvettes seem competitive in that series, but heck, even a Dodge Viper was pretty competitive at one of the Nurburgring GT Masters race.
ADAC GT BoP is slightly (just slightly) frendlier towards Callaways than the FIA GT3 one, 1280kg/49mm against 1350kg/49mm.

I doubt there's much interest to enter vettes for next year's WC now.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2960208)   #147
alexkiller8
Veteran

ratel said
"It has also been decided that GTE cars will not be eligible, as every manufacturer currently involved in GTE also makes a GT3 model"

well, so also the presence of GT1 cars has no sense because aston/corvette/lambo/nissan/ford also have gt3 models! so why a team should use at example a lambo RSV with rare spare parts, when can buy cheaper and better assisted gallardo 600+ if the performances will be comparated?
Old 23 Sep 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2960209)   #148
Deleted
Veteran

SRO might feel bad for Nissan and their investments, GT-R only had two full seasons plus the few factory-run development outings in 2009.

I guess it's the same case as with the GTE-AM this year, there is an option to run restricted GT1s alongside the 'main course' but it's pretty much guaranteed that there won't be many takers.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2960213)   #149
alexkiller8
Veteran

sure, me too know that the world fia gt1 champ is born from the pressure of nissan (when none of other costructors was really intersted) but also this is no sense because now nissan is directly involved in the development of the GT-R GT3! next year however 2 of 4 gt-r gt1 won't be used by none.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2960215)   #150
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't like this. I thought GT3 cars would be brought up a level to go against the GT1 cars, not the other way around - if its a world championship then it needs to stand out, not blend into every other SRO-rules series out there (and detract from Blancpain and FIA GT3 entry lists at the same time).

Other than the international blend of venues to be used, what will actually make this series unique in 2013?