Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jan 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3792157)   #1251
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Contracts don't have to be negotiated on a race day....
Who said anything about having to be a race day??
Read the JP quote again https://twitter.com/jasonplato/statu...44925348384768

"Sun 24th Sept 2014"... my point is that this was not a real date so that throws the whole statement into doubt
Old 11 Jan 2018, 23:14 (Ref:3792158)   #1252
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Contracts don't have to be negotiated on a race day....
who said anything about having to negotiate contracts on a race day??

Read the quote again "Sun 24th Sept 2014.. the day I was properly 'had over'"

My point is that the 24th September 2014 was not a Sunday, only a minor point but for him to have mixed up this sort of detail throws the whole message into doubt
Old 12 Jan 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3792210)   #1253
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
who said anything about having to negotiate contracts on a race day??

Read the quote again "Sun 24th Sept 2014.. the day I was properly 'had over'"

My point is that the 24th September 2014 was not a Sunday, only a minor point but for him to have mixed up this sort of detail throws the whole message into doubt
I have now seen the tweet. I think the point about it being a Sunday or Wednesday is not the issue here - it's more that the year is wrong.

JP posted the tweet on Sun 24th Sept 2017 - and so more likely that he was referring to some 'news' he had just received. It is much easier (particularly on a mobile device) to enter a 4 rather than 7.

I also think it is possible that people are reading this as being a negative tweet, when I don't see that for certain.

Could it just be that he was the victim of a prank, or some other light-hearted interaction - and that his applause was for how they managed to catch him out? Do we know who Rob and Daz are?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3792230)   #1254
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
good point, i still think a complete bluff.... IMO JP will be taking a sabbatical because of his leg injury and decide he is going to be more of a mentor moving forwards...

The "special guest Jason Plato" signs at Autosport rather than being part of an announcement, kind of imply its a back seat role for him now.

Last edited by btccbloke; 12 Jan 2018 at 09:44.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3792233)   #1255
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a non-native English speaker, how do I read 'I was had over'? Is it a negative phrase meaning he was done wrong, like 'I'm done' or 'I'm f'ed'?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3792234)   #1256
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
As a non-native English speaker, how do I read 'I was had over'? Is it a negative phrase meaning he was done wrong, like 'I'm done' or 'I'm f'ed'?
..fooled
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3792236)   #1257
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Someone has "had the better of you". In other words, someone has done an action against you and either made you look a fool or has profited in some way at your expense.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3792238)   #1258
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
i

Quote:
It can be very negative - as in conned.

But also can be light-hearted - as in the target of a prank.

It means he was the loser in a situation. The applause suggests to me that it was a tweet following a humorous event. For instance, if he had to wear a grid girl outfit after losing a bet!
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3792240)   #1259
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
could be as simple as maybe Rob and Daz were the guys who told him his problem was a dodgy differential all along when he got the unexpected win at Knockhill...only to later find out his car was never really fixed after all
Old 12 Jan 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3792243)   #1260
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Cook reutrns to PMR, that's good to see, hopefully we will see less incidents. And AMD running the MGs, so they stay on the grid, let's see if they can get anything out of the old dog
Old 12 Jan 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3792249)   #1261
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
4 cars! AMD have come a long way since they turned up with an old VW Golf on a trailer and a owner - driver.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3792255)   #1262
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So Cook reutrns to PMR, that's good to see, hopefully we will see less incidents. And AMD running the MGs, so they stay on the grid, let's see if they can get anything out of the old dog
The MG’s are on a diet & confirmed by Willie Poole as being straight! So let’s hope with some proper engineering set-up being lighter, will allow them to be in the ballpark.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3792260)   #1263
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
..fooled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Someone has "had the better of you". In other words, someone has done an action against you and either made you look a fool or has profited in some way at your expense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It can be very negative - as in conned.

But also can be light-hearted - as in the target of a prank.

It means he was the loser in a situation. The applause suggests to me that it was a tweet following a humorous event. For instance, if he had to wear a grid girl outfit after losing a bet!
Thanks guys, makes more sense now
Old 12 Jan 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3792271)   #1264
c8nay
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, England
c8nay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the MGs now independent or still manufacturer entries? Correct me if I’m wrong but all the articles ive read on the story just mention running ex-888 cars and not the manufacturer backed entry or words to that effect. No official MG quotes (ok, maybe down to the small input they have) and you would of thought Shaun Hollamby would of at least mentioned running a ‘works’ program.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3792272)   #1265
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
does being a manufacturer really count for much these days?
Some of these Manufacturer teams seem to have little manufacturer input (Vauxhall, MG), and some of the indies seem to have more of a kinship with the car maker than those being fully supported (Speedworks, Motorbase)
Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3792275)   #1266
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
'Manufacturer' does sound better than 'Financially supported out of the marketing budget of the national importer' though
Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3792276)   #1267
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I guess we'll know the answer by the size of the MG logos on the motors... no idea when that'll be.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3792277)   #1268
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
True, the Alfa deal is still quite vague to me, "dealer network supported" so are Alfa UK backing it?
Vauxhall on the other hand seemed to be oblivious they were even in it last year
Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:30 (Ref:3792279)   #1269
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I take it no glimpses yet of the new Honda?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3792294)   #1270
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The fact is manufacturer backed teams have more financial stability than being Independent. Triple 888 were struggling with budget after Vauxhall pulled, before they got the MG deal
Old 12 Jan 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3792304)   #1271
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I take it no glimpses yet of the new Honda?
I've failed to find it. If it is here it's still in a truck... maybe it will appear at the weekend with Matt and Flash.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3792305)   #1272
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
True, the Alfa deal is still quite vague to me, "dealer network supported" so are Alfa UK backing it?
Vauxhall on the other hand seemed to be oblivious they were even in it last year
I believe it is Alfa Dealers rather than Alfa UK.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3792308)   #1273
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As I believe it, the support would come from the budgets of a group of dealers rather than anything from Alfa UK themselves - similar to the arrangement Mat Jackson had with his BMW Dealer Team back in... 2008?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3792321)   #1274
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4tinks View Post
The Tweet - via cut and paste

''Jason Plato‏
Verified account

@jasonplato

Sun 24th Sept 2014... the day I was properly 'had over' ! Details to follow once I've squared it all away. A round of '' clapping hands '' to Rob and Daz
1:03 pm - 24 Sep 2017 ''
Wasn't 2014 the last year he raced for 888. and joined BMR in 2015. If it is not a typo maybe it refers to that deal??
Old 12 Jan 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3792329)   #1275
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Wasn't 2014 the last year he raced for 888. and joined BMR in 2015. If it is not a typo maybe it refers to that deal??
There aren't too many who think it's a typo.