Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 May 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3824737)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Single class endurance racing must be the worst idea ever.
That needs some justification my friend....... Or the words, 'in my opinion' on the end.
Old 26 May 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3824761)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't agree that it's a bad idea but will point out that Blancpain is not a single class series.
Old 26 May 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3824832)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't agree that it's a bad idea but will point out that Blancpain is not a single class series.
I was going to say the same thing. They may run the same types of class cars (GT3) but there's different classes separated by driver ranks.
Old 28 May 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3825265)   #29
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I definitely prefer multi-class endurance racing. But this statement can also be reworded: If you're racing a bunch of cars similar to yours, you are NOT ALLOWED to continue racing past a certain time window. Because it's the worst idea ever for all you gt3 cars to continue racing as opposed to just ending the race.
Old 28 May 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3825314)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I definitely prefer multi-class endurance racing. But this statement can also be reworded: If you're racing a bunch of cars similar to yours, you are NOT ALLOWED to continue racing past a certain time window. Because it's the worst idea ever for all you gt3 cars to continue racing as opposed to just ending the race.
What?
Old 28 Jun 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3833471)   #31
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that Rubens Barrichello is having a ride with Strakka.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3833546)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
I see that Rubens Barrichello is having a ride with Strakka.
Nice one!!
Old 30 Jun 2018, 22:07 (Ref:3833833)   #33
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nice one!!

Nice for the media. I don't think he will bring much to the team. He has no previous GT3 experience.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3833836)   #34
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Nice for the media. I don't think he will bring much to the team. He has no previous GT3 experience.
This is going to sound horrible and i dont feel comfortable saying it because Leventis has put alot into Sportscars & GT racing but Strakka, since moving to GT3 have never really performed. Even their pro cars seem to under perform.

So looking forward to the 24 hours though, i hope the weather will be great, fantastic support race package too.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3833861)   #35
GregUK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
This is going to sound horrible and i dont feel comfortable saying it because Leventis has put alot into Sportscars & GT racing but Strakka, since moving to GT3 have never really performed. Even their pro cars seem to under perform.
It was pretty fraught for Strakka when they were running McLarens, but things seem more settled now that they have Mercs
Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3833871)   #36
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well fortunately the Spa 24 hours isn't single class
Old 3 Jul 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3834481)   #37
Roelie007
Rookie

Netherlands
Roelie007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
68 cars for the 24 hours😎
Old 4 Jul 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3834659)   #38
Mountain Man
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelie007 View Post
68 cars for the 24 hours😎
I'll be honest, I think that's too many. I think 10 less would help the racing.

But the number of cars, and the lineups show how important the race now is, there are some serious All Star lineups.

I'm still not convinced by the Nationale class, but at least it's more than 2 Porsches this year
Old 5 Jul 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3834778)   #39
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some quick and consistent times coming out of both the test day and the private WRT test organised for the following day - looks like more than 40 cars were within 2 secs of the fastest time over the two days!

I know that SRO are often criticised over the BOP that they use but looking at the times it appears that any of the PRO teams are in with a chance to win this year which, as a fan, is what I want to see. Close racing, with different manufacturers involved and no one team running away with it - IMHO that is what makes this series just so good to go and watch.

Hopefully the 'joker' pitstops might spice things up a little bit too - certainly worked well for Bentley at Paul Ricard.

68 cars into Eau Rouge on the first lap - there are not many better sights in Motorsport at the moment.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3834847)   #40
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
I'll be honest, I think that's too many. I think 10 less would help the racing.

But the number of cars, and the lineups show how important the race now is, there are some serious All Star lineups.

I'm still not convinced by the Nationale class, but at least it's more than 2 Porsches this year

The SPA 24 has shown to have heavy attrition in recent years. The pace is flat out all the way and I feel that this is an event where some teams just park the car if they don't feel it is in contention after a while once they encounter a string of problems. Because obviously you can't win without having a nearly perfect run mechanically anymore.

The sense of pride is still there to keep on going just to finish the race. However I think many of the GT3 teams also want to live to fight another day. I'm just saying that I don't think some of them go that extra mile just to finish the race like they used to in the past.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3834863)   #41
Mountain Man
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The SPA 24 has shown to have heavy attrition in recent years. The pace is flat out all the way and I feel that this is an event where some teams just park the car if they don't feel it is in contention after a while once they encounter a string of problems. Because obviously you can't win without having a nearly perfect run mechanically anymore.

The sense of pride is still there to keep on going just to finish the race. However I think many of the GT3 teams also want to live to fight another day. I'm just saying that I don't think some of them go that extra mile just to finish the race like they used to in the past.
I understand, but disagree. The event comes alive on the Sunday when there is more space on track. It was already an exercise in getting through traffic, this just increases that for little gain in my view
Old 14 Jul 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3836619)   #42
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Hotel booked, Channel train booked and tickets have arrived!

Rather looking forward to this one - went in 2016 and had a ball.
Very different to LM but a great event. Access is very easy even on race day, although having SRO VIP tickets does help and gives a base to return to when (not if) it rains.

Hoping for a Bentley win this year - they have been close on a number of occasions but seem to have the ability to drop the ball at crucial moment - pit stop/yellow flag infringements leading to inopportune drive throughs.

Hope they get a clean run this time.
Old 16 Jul 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3836909)   #43
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be going this year too. what is the drivers parade like in town? any problems with parking in the city?
Old 16 Jul 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3836915)   #44
GregUK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
will be going this year too. what is the drivers parade like in town? any problems with parking in the city?
This year the Drivers' Parade is a little later in the day on Wednesday 25th July.

The cars will leave the Circuit at 18.00hrs and the Autograph Session in Spa city centre is scheduled from 19.00hrs until 20.00hrs.

The parade will return to the circuit at 21.30hrs.

Parking in Spa is not easy.....
Old 17 Jul 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3837068)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'll just leave this here: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...-24-hours.html
Old 17 Jul 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3837123)   #46
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Parking in Spa is not easy at the best of times so either get there early or be prepared for a bit of a hike.

However, I went in 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed it - a bit chaotic at times as the roads are only closed around 10 minutes before the run from the circuit starts but the spectacle and noise of the cars in the town is pretty impressive. Unlike anything that you would see in the UK, no over zealous security, close proximity to cars and drivers, everybody just out for a good time- health and safety here would kill it stone dead!

If you can park to the south of the town, try to get out before the cars and head towards the circuit for the return trip - fun to see the cars 'on the road' and there a few good vantage points on the run back.

The drivers seem to be up for it and really enjoy it.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3838258)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
We've lost four Pro Am cup cars from the initial entry list. Entries from Kessel (Ferrari), 961 Corse (Ferrari of Fisi and Michele Rugolo ), Lazarus (Lamborghini) and Car Collection Motorsport (Audi). But we have gained a Lamborghini Huracan in Pro Am from Antonelli Motorsport. Kessel were to support the no75 T2 Ferrari in AM Cup but this will now be supported by AF Corse.

And both the Muehlner Motorsport Porsches in the Nationale Class are yet to be filled so question marks over them.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...24h-spa-field/

Aside from Le Mans, B12 and N24 this really is a highlight of the year for me Sportscar wise. Can't wait to see what the week brings and for the off track announcements too with the annual SRO press conference.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3838461)   #48
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Aside from Le Mans, B12 and N24 this really is a highlight of the year for me Sportscar wise.

Perhaps a more competitive race than the three you mentioned. 65 cars and 30 PRO line ups is massive!
Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3838487)   #49
JCE.72
Rookie

Belgium
JCE.72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Christodoulou probably out on the Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 #5 (recovering from his injuries after the fire on the ABBA Mercedes during last weekend's British GT round @ Spa), would be replaced by Tom Onslow-Cole.

On the Spirit of Race Ferrari 488 GT3 #53 no Rino Mastronardi (due to medical reasons), to be replaced by Lorenzo Bontempelli.

Source: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24h...nfos-du-mardi/
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3838511)   #50
Mountain Man
Racer

For spectators there are extra temporary grandstands this weekend