Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 16 Mar 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3516069)   #1
WA10Tom
Rookie

WA10Tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HANS Helmet Q's

I am thinking of getting into motor sport and have noticed that HANS devices are mandatory next year. I have an SA2010 helmet that isn't drilled to accept the HANS posts. Can I drill it myself and fit the posts, do I have to get this done by the manufacture (in this case Koden) or can't it be done?

Also, when/how do you get the blue stickers to say the helmets are legal for racing?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3516185)   #2
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Answer to your first question, No.

Answer to your second question, scrutineers at circuits or the MSA technical department at Colnbrook
Old 18 Mar 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3516863)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA10Tom View Post
I am thinking of getting into motor sport and have noticed that HANS devices are mandatory next year. I have an SA2010 helmet that isn't drilled to accept the HANS posts. Can I drill it myself and fit the posts, do I have to get this done by the manufacture (in this case Koden) or can't it be done?

Also, when/how do you get the blue stickers to say the helmets are legal for racing?
Why not send a PM to "midgetman" (Max Tyler) a fellow Tenther and purveyor of racing accessories. I am sure that he will advise you of the best route to follow.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3517622)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello! That's me!

The old SA2010 Koden helmet cannot be adapted to take HANS posts. You have to have a helmet with the SAH2010 approval, and the posts are built in. The SAH Koden isn't the cheapest in this respect, but its pretty nice. Hedtec are cheaper, I think possibly the cheapest HANS post equipped lid on the market if price is important to you.

This opens the whole "are cheap helmets as safe as expensive ones?" debate. Rest assured that if your chosen hat has the correct standard it is rigorously policed and will give the required protection.