Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 5 Dec 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3340419)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
2014 MSA Licences.

It's that time of year again - the MSA website still does its best to prevent you achieving anything but I manfully battled my way through. My licence has now been sent for printing - so that's impressively quick (less than 24 hours from submitting the request online). It does help I suppose that I'm just applying for the same licence type as last year and don't need a medical - just got to wait for the licence (and weighty tome that is the blue book) to arrive. They really should give you the option of not having the physical blue book now - that could cut the cost of a licence quite a bit (after all it does have a price of £28 on this years blue book - knock that off my licence fee please and I'll look at the blue book online thanks).
Old 5 Dec 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3340441)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ypu're lucky, we get three sent to our house
Old 9 Dec 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3342045)   #3
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got mine at 1356 this afternoon :P :P :P :P :P
Old 10 Dec 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3342329)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mine has been sent for printing......
Old 10 Dec 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3342451)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting. Just checked and mine was sent for printing on 3rd. Christmas post delays?

Not having renewed online before, (medical and ECG still current for once!) I found the process straightforward, so full marks to MSA. The local gym has a more complicated medical declaration than that.....
Old 11 Dec 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3342649)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not having renewed online before, (medical and ECG still current for once!) I found the process straightforward, so full marks to MSA. The local gym has a more complicated medical declaration than that.....
If you're just applying for exactly the same licence as the previous year it's not too bad. I was particularly annoyed a couple of years back when I went through the process of filling out all the boxes, entering my credit card details and clicking 'submit' to finish the process - only to then get a message saying I couldn't apply for my licence online That should surely be the first step in the process? Anyway, this year once I'd got into the website it wasn't too painful. In theory my licence should be delivered today.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3342694)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I was particularly annoyed a couple of years back when I went through the process of filling out all the boxes, entering my credit card details and clicking 'submit' to finish the process - only to then get a message saying I couldn't apply for my licence online
Yup, that would have got my back up as well. Was hoping, like DVLA car tax online, that the programme could check all that before the applicant got to end. Either it can, or I was lucky this time!

No licence here yet.....
Old 13 Dec 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3343624)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
It's arrived! Ready to go now
Old 14 Dec 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3343912)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It's arrived! Ready to go now
According to website mine was posted on 3rd! Phone call on Monday coming up....

Old 14 Dec 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3344079)   #10
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike,

I too had a long wait but my licence arrived this morning.

Guess it is the time of year.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3346591)   #11
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mine arrived Friday.
Old 22 Dec 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3346842)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There does seem to be a longer than usual gap between printing and arrival- but from the conversation I had with Colnbrook it may be that licences are not posted every day.

And guess what- mine arrived 2hrs after the phone conversation asking it's whereabouts....

Old 30 Dec 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3348922)   #13
AlexBall
Rookie

AlexBall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine arrived this morning. Took longer than last time.