Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Nov 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3864879)   #201
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Grid cap seems counter-intuitive, but probably won't be enforced. Reads like a smoke-in-mirrors attempt at encouraging people to make a commitment.
The way its written, 4 manufacturers, maximum 5 cars each.

I can see a maximum being a good thing for fans, but are no other manufacturers coming?

Then again you might say the viable manufacturers are already here.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3864881)   #202
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No limit to manufacturers, just a maximum of 5 cars from each.

Maybe one or two manufacturers will get to 5 cars, but not the rest.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 00:05 (Ref:3864883)   #203
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprised they didn't make it a bit lower like 18 cars because I believe the idea is to encourage people to enter cars and make them think they may miss out on an entry.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3864888)   #204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The way its written, 4 manufacturers, maximum 5 cars each.

I can see a maximum being a good thing for fans, but are no other manufacturers coming?

Then again you might say the viable manufacturers are already here.
Maybe substitute 'manufacturers' for 'brands' as this exercise is still a privateer's paradise...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Nov 2018, 01:50 (Ref:3864893)   #205
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/11/22...jOhl-HNHLgVau4

They haven't even started yet and the kids are fighting. Seems to be the usual CAMS vs AASA fight.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 22 Nov 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3864894)   #206
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Promotor Vs promotor fight, to be more accurate.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3864904)   #207
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cars are still made by a manufacturer even if the teams are not run by them.

Wow Matt Braid's comments seem abrasive, if I dropped 300k on a car I don't know how happy I would be about that. Restraint of trade anyone?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Nov 2018, 03:59 (Ref:3864905)   #208
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not really. All he can effectively do is prevent chassis that are running with Mr Salmon, from running in his series, and if a chassis from his series runs with Mr Salmon, it can't come back.

If you wanted to double-dip, you'd have to buy two cars.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 04:38 (Ref:3864906)   #209
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Maybe substitute 'manufacturers' for 'brands' as this exercise is still a privateer's paradise...
Like the Kellys in 2019?
Old 22 Nov 2018, 05:06 (Ref:3864907)   #210
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Borrowed from The Podcast DSO FB page

A DSO Bedtime story.

Once up a time, Billy & Johnny lived in the same street.
Billy decided that he was going to set up a billy cart race, for people he knew, to go buy a new billy cart, and come race with him.

Johnny liked the idea of this billy cart race, and convinced his dad that he should give him some money to buy 10 billy carts, so the kids who don’t have enough money to buy one, could give him a little bit of money to borrow one of his billy carts for a race.

Billy had arranged with an older boy, named Shannon, who lived round the corner to let Billy race the Billy, billy carts, at the race series Shannon was planning.
But Shannon, and his imaginary friend Hippopotamus, said that it was going to cost them money to come race with them.

Billy asked why he had to pay so much money, and Shannon said it was because they have to feed the Hippopotamus.

Billy didn’t care, he thought his billy cart series was the best, so he agreed to pay anyway.

Johnny knew another older boy, Amos, who also ran a different race series, but without the additional cost of paying to feed the Hippopotamus.

Amos and Shannon, and the Hippopotamus didn’t really get along, and sometimes they would fight, but mostly they just threw stones at each other from across the road.

Amos must have been the best throw, as he seemed to hit the others more often, this seemed to make them even angrier.

Johnny thought that it would be a great idea, if all his billy carts could be raced against Billy’s billy carts, so he suggested this to Billy.

Billy, being quite stubborn, told Johnny that the two lots of billy carts, despite being built by the same people were actually different, and that his were the only real billy carts, because his name was Billy.

And also, if anyone took a real Billy cart, to one of the races that Amos arranged, there’d be a big fight, and that Billy would win.

Because real Billy carts can only race at Billy billy cart races, and he’s the original Billy.

Johnny thought that Billy wasn’t very clever, because he knew, that kids who love to race billy carts don’t care who arranges the races, they just love to race.

Johnny’s uncle happens to be a QC, (that’s an important lawyer) and Johnny asked his Uncle to teach him about third line enforcing, and restraint of trade, as it specifically pertains to the Trade Practices Act.

Johnny’s uncle suggested that he and Amos, go talk to Billy about it, before things got too silly and it all went legal.

Sadly, in the meantime, Billy had already asked the Hippopotamus to call some heavy he knew, and this guy put out some media story Crushing Johnny’s hopes of everyone getting along together.

Amos then suggested they call up his American pen-friend Robby, cause he’s the best aim in town, and he’s always ready for a stoush.

What a silly Billy…

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 22 Nov 2018, 05:46 (Ref:3864910)   #211
Umai Naa
Veteran

Nicely put.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3864916)   #212
Mixer
Veteran

As a race fan of road-relevant cars, it is balls.

But in these days of intellectual property etc, you can see how it happens.

Then again I wonder if Matt Braid has the balls to turn down entrants, I wonder if anybody might call his bluff.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3864918)   #213
Umai Naa
Veteran

It will only be a matter of time, before he can detirmine if he's in a position to argue or not.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:10 (Ref:3864919)   #214
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
It will only be a matter of time, before he can detirmine if he's in a position to argue or not.
You'd think if you were MPC or HMO, you might have words...

Thinking about it from a global perspective, I suspect it is part of the agreement they have had to sign with TCR Global - so the locals might not be the nexus of this argument.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3864921)   #215
Umai Naa
Veteran

MPC will have enough of a headache convincing customers into paying full freight for parts they could otherwise purchase from their local VW dealer for a fraction of the price

HMO may, or may not face a similar dilema...
Old 23 Nov 2018, 01:59 (Ref:3865150)   #216
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/11/22...jOhl-HNHLgVau4

They haven't even started yet and the kids are fighting. Seems to be the usual CAMS vs AASA fight.
Reminds me of the good old days when CAMS threatened all and sundry that if they raced at the speedway then they would never race at a CAMS sanctioned event.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 02:13 (Ref:3865153)   #217
Umai Naa
Veteran

Adcafe still haven't picked up on Ms Taylor's trip to Italy...

Perhaps TCR AU's marketing budget has run out to buy the necessary column inches?
Old 23 Nov 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3865161)   #218
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Perhaps TCR AU's marketing budget has run out to buy the necessary column inches?
The grizzled veterans of the rally world picked it up..

Here
Old 23 Nov 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3865167)   #219
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Reminds me of the good old days when CAMS threatened all and sundry that if they raced at the speedway then they would never race at a CAMS sanctioned event.
And the ‘91 Indy Carnival on the Gold Coast.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 05:42 (Ref:3865958)   #220
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would think if he TCR doesn't a suitable entries, yet there are 10 shiny examples in Mr Salmon's hands with willing drivers, then rules may be relaxed?
Old 26 Nov 2018, 05:55 (Ref:3865961)   #221
Umai Naa
Veteran

A lease on a brand new race car won't be cheap.

Assuming he's buying them new off the showroom floor...

You could build a nice grid with lots of variety off what's been advertised on Racecars Direct in the last month or so. Many below $100KEU.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 01:59 (Ref:3866751)   #222
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Finally!

Story Here
Old 29 Nov 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3866753)   #223
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mustve missed cut-off for print last week
Old 29 Nov 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3866774)   #224
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile Hyundai are shipping a 3rd Car
Old 8 Dec 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3868801)   #225
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Presumably this is + insurance + damage...