Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Dec 2002, 02:19 (Ref:454663)   #1
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prodrive/Seton?????

"Rumour has it that Prodrive have done a deal with Seto instead of 00 Motorsport, anyone have more information."
The VB Guru@V8 Central.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 03:34 (Ref:454688)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw the same thing on Conrod Tricky... I highly doubt it..

GSR will run 2 cars next season it seems, with Greg Ritter at the wheel of the 2nd, well at least thats what the guys at conrod seem to think....

Having said that, it appears that the IMS franchise is being actively chased by persons representing prodrive so we shall see huh?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Dec 2002, 04:36 (Ref:454701)   #3
V8 Fan
Racer

Why would they need IMS franchise if their going in with 00 or Seto?:confused:
Old 21 Dec 2002, 05:01 (Ref:454711)   #4
V8 Fan
Racer

Last edited by V8 Fan; 21 Dec 2002 at 05:04.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 05:15 (Ref:454712)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3 car team, Seton, Besnard & Lowndes is the way its been reported....
Old 21 Dec 2002, 06:09 (Ref:454722)   #6
V8 Fan
Racer

"Some good news regarding prodrive and 00. It seems that I was misguided slightly in my previous explanation stating that prodrive will purchase the 00 operation...

The noise Chief refers to regarding the prodrive-GSR-IMS franchise & team hookups appears 100% valid. From what I understand from someone close to 00, negotiations have stalled with 00, who will have a 2 car franchise in 2003, without a name driver. Yes folks, you heard that here first!

A 3 car team seems to be being formed around the GSR business, 3 cars for Lowndes, Seton and another Ford-supported driver who hasnt confirmed his deal yet.

What sponsors will be involved, well that seems unclear at the moment, primarily as the CAT dollars I believed originally to be linked to 00, but it seems they may actually be linked to Lowndes and wherever he ends up.

Ford Credit is already on board with GSR, and I presume that branding may be shared on the 3 cars.

Talking of cars, there is obviously a need to build 3 BA Falcons for 2003... so the rub as I understood it was that the original Ford-built T-car was being prepared for use by GSR as one vehicle, a second BA is being built in the GSR workshops, and a third may not be available at the first round, meaning one of the 3 will start the season in an AU.

I wont predict who will run in an AU, but if you were to think the primary 2 car L1 franchise holder is the one who will be stuck, you may indeed be close to the mark.

Stay tuned race fans, the old fat lady aint even begun singing"
GTRMagic @ Conrod
Old 21 Dec 2002, 06:38 (Ref:454730)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I still reckon I should get $1 per post
Old 21 Dec 2002, 06:44 (Ref:454731)   #8
V8 Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I still reckon I should get $1 per post
At least I reckonized the Author
Old 21 Dec 2002, 06:52 (Ref:454732)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
LOL @ Tricky... well I would be happy if it all turns out as expected... if not, then the Ford world will still be crying bleating & moaning that HRO have too much skill and they cant keep up
Old 21 Dec 2002, 06:58 (Ref:454735)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this will provide skill by?

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 21 Dec 2002, 07:38 (Ref:454744)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
conceptually hooking into prodrive will do the series more good than harm

Notice I said conceptually...

A learning curve tri-season is what is more probably than not... Arguably prodrive isnt totally successful in any of the categories in which they competed this season, the Subaru effort with Makinen looked useless, the BAR is yet to shine, and the Ferrari didnt have the budget to keep on with
Old 21 Dec 2002, 08:15 (Ref:454756)   #12
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see Glenn competative again lets hope it happens.........................
Old 21 Dec 2002, 09:54 (Ref:454773)   #13
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does any one know any teams who need Mechanics. I need a job over there. Ford or Holden worked on both.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 10:08 (Ref:454776)   #14
V8 Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack racer
Does any one know any teams who need Mechanics. I need a job over there. Ford or Holden worked on both.
Tony Noske is putting together a new Falcon Team and is advertising for mechanics and engineers. Please apply in writing to-
Tony Noske
117 Cecil Street,
South Melbourne 3205.
Or tonynoske@iprimu.com.au

GRM are also looking for mechanics, please call Gary Rogers on 03 9560 4711.

Last edited by V8 Fan; 21 Dec 2002 at 10:10.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 10:49 (Ref:454785)   #15
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing wrong I can see with this scenario is the bit about the building of the cars.

If I take it as written that GSR (or whatever they will be called) are physically building the cars, this goes against Ford's own statements that one outside bdy is building the shells.

However, if this is referring to the car inside the shell, then I'll go back into my corner
Old 21 Dec 2002, 10:57 (Ref:454787)   #16
Number Eighteen
Rookie

Number Eighteen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
LOL @ Tricky... well I would be happy if it all turns out as expected... if not, then the Ford world will still be crying bleating & moaning that HRO have too much skill and they cant keep up
Having to much skill?!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 11:05 (Ref:454792)   #17
Jack racer
Racer

Thanks Tricky I will give it a try
Old 21 Dec 2002, 11:08 (Ref:454794)   #18
Jack racer
Racer

That is werd as the cages go in before the body is done. They can run the au till the ba is ready then switch can't they.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:35 (Ref:455014)   #19
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Lowndes was signed to OO. He has said that he won't be leaving OO, and he didn't want to be team jumping just because he is employed by Ford. If Prodrive don't buy OO then that would mean that team stays as is. Why would Forbes let Lowndes go to another team? He is OO motorsport. I would like to know what the stalling point is with Prodrive and OO. If Ford have so much invested in OO I would have thought they would be pushing the get the deal done. Lowndes car is the one you see on all the Ford v Holden posters so why would Ford want to start all over again to build Lowndes a new image? There is alot of what ifs with this one.

Last edited by lowdown; 21 Dec 2002 at 19:40.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 22:40 (Ref:455091)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Craig is signed to Ford, and to 00, but 00 have a number of performance criteria that need to be met or the contract between Lownded & 00 can be voided...

I suspect the stalling point between 00 and prodrive is actually price, in reality its a Ford funded operation, Ford paid to build it up, then may be asked to contribute to purchase the goodwill for something they paid for (rather like Stewart Grand Prix if you think about it)

I wouldnt suggest prodrive are tightwads, but if you can get the same job done for $2m less in upfront cost of goodwill, thats more money for either capital equipment, or indeed running costs for the car.

And in terms of cars, the Ford T-car is sitting there without an owner, GSR has one BA sort of half done, an a second shell on the way thru the Beehag works... so its conceptually possible. There will likely be a unlucky driver who gets an AU to play with for a few rounds till all the cars are together... but I suppose we will see
Old 23 Dec 2002, 22:02 (Ref:456432)   #21
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the GSR car is ready( and there is no reason why not)and Ford own the one at 00 then the show car will fill the 3 out and they will be the only team with 3 cars

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 24 Dec 2002, 04:03 (Ref:456559)   #22
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
check this out

http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 24 Dec 2002, 04:09 (Ref:456560)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I saw that too bondy_racing, and it tells us nothing that wasnt already in AA last week

And I am impressed with the sig too!
Old 24 Dec 2002, 05:22 (Ref:456586)   #24
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL so you still reckon this 2 car thing is prodrive
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 24 Dec 2002, 05:26 (Ref:456587)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well its certainly possible... there is no announcement today of anything useful, not even on the mailing list... an annual event is the GSR mail out proclamation of better things to come, usually around Dec 23 or 24