Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Oct 2001, 21:47 (Ref:154538)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What drivers will win a Winston Cup Championship in the future?

That is, other than the ones who have already won one.

I'd say the following drivers should win a Winston Cup Championship sometime before their career ends:

Kevin Harvick for Richard Childress
Dale Earnhardt Jr. for DEI
Tony Stewart for Joe Gibbs
Ryan Newman for Roger Penske
Casey Atwood for Ray Evernham

I would add Jeff Burton, Matt Kenseth and Kurt Busch but all currently drive for Jack Roush and I see them being quite loyal to Jack. Roush has very good equipment but has never shown that he can put the people together that can win a championship. He has been close with Mark Martin but no cigar.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 23:35 (Ref:154610)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that list is right on the money joe fan ......though who will win a championship 1st stewart, harvick or junior ..... i think tony stewart
Old 2 Oct 2001, 01:27 (Ref:154625)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
[B]though who will win a championship 1st stewart, harvick or junior [b]
This is probably the better question. I think it is a toss up between Harvick and Stewart. Don't be surprised if either one wins the championship next year. NASCAR really could use another young champion to market around now that Dale Earnhardt is gone. It would probably be better if Dale Jr was the first but I don't think DEI is ready to contend for a championship yet. Maybe in a few more years. Teresa Earnhardt should have the dough to hire the best of the best now if she wants to.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 06:40 (Ref:155682)   #4
Tim's Wife
Rookie

Tim's Wife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Stewart Will Win the championship someday, but Jeff Gordon Will Win It This Year.........