Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

GOODWOOD REVIVAL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

7 Sep 2018 to 9 Sep 2018 07:30 to 17:30
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

No more to be added- for some the ultimate historic race weekend.

Old 31 Oct 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3860172)   #301
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
The full MS article reads like he got points on his licence and has thrown his toys out of the pram. He appealed to the MSA Stewards and they agreed with the club.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Of course dear old Dickie is a Motorsport Mag journo isn't he? He's a good journo and actually a good racer but a complete cockwomble if anyone differs with his opinion.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3860193)   #302
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Goodwood ban is a year off isn't it?

JO is probably going back to his roots and accepted an offer to join Chas and Dave.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3860196)   #303
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit late to join Chas and Dave!
Old 31 Oct 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3860210)   #304
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A replacement

He'd be about as good at being Chas as he is at pretending to be posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Bit late to join Chas and Dave!
Old 31 Oct 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3860211)   #305
Alan Morgan
Subscriber
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So we have booked accommodation again, for one more year at least, but retirement means that the opportunity to do more overseas historic meetings is now a reality. So Dijon, Ricard, Imola, Portimao may get a visit in the coming years, camera in hand !
...don't forget Pau. Eurostar to Gare du Nord, Metro to Montparnasse, TGV to Pau. Step off the train and you're opposite the pits.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3860215)   #306
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course dear old Dickie is a Motorsport Mag journo isn't he? He's a good journo and actually a good racer but a complete cockwomble if anyone differs with his opinion.
Yes he is. His article this month is very clearly aimed at JO.

JO has threatened not even to take his racing licence out for 2019. Big sulk.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Oct 2018, 21:03 (Ref:3860216)   #307
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem is with some if not most of the professional drivers is their idea of racing conflicts with the basis of historic racing where most owners would prefer it if their car finished the races in the same state as they started it.
They are paid in most cases to drag the cars they are given to the highest position they can.

Thatís undermines the basis of historic race driving but makes some decent bits for You Tube when they mess up a car.
And race organisers can stick in on web sites.

JO is not used to that type of racing nor some of the BSCC old men who enter Historicís for one last go at being superstars in what is very much lower league sport.

Itís reaching the time when a form of control such as applied in US and Patrick Peter events should be introduced.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3860251)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Itís reaching the time when a form of control such as applied in US and Patrick Peter events should be introduced.
Yes, following some high cost incidents, Patrick insists during each briefing on the "good fellow" ad fair play driving attitude. Till now it works, together with a kind of fine given if you're responsible for a big crash.
If you're talking about Jackie Oliver, are you sure he has not been driving in U2TC for a long while? During a race at Dijon, he took over me gaining the third place but neither he "ding, dong" me nor he sent me out of track!
Old 1 Nov 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3860253)   #309
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I confess, I've shared the track with him a few times and I've not heard any complaints about his driving.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3860263)   #310
zefarelly
Veteran

England
JO drove Les' Cortina car a few times early noughties, before he got involved with Laranca/BMW, possibly his first foray in historics? As a mere 'spanner' at the time I can't say I found him a particularly pleasant/polite chap, although he didn't bash the car up.

things got a whole lot more competitive with Laranca . . . . and HAve shared a track also, I just keep out of the way!

next he's an also ran, like me, in mid field, in an ordinary Cortina, when he has a coming together with Maydon in Jasons mini. . . . . If that had been Jason and I in our own cars, I guarantee it would not have ever happened.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3860305)   #311
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Don't forget Maydon runs as a "pro" too. That was racing incident, no more, no less. But then again that may be John's point.

Agreed JO isn't the most pleasant of folks but then again not all of us are angels are we?
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3860310)   #312
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Don't forget Maydon runs as a "pro" too. That was racing incident, no more, no less. But then again that may be John's point.

Agreed JO isn't the most pleasant of folks but then again not all of us are angels are we?
I am
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3860315)   #313
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There are a few exceptions.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3860320)   #314
zefarelly
Veteran

England
I don't think it was a racing incident.

I have never been called an angel.

Quote:

Old 1 Nov 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3860339)   #315
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agree to disagree, I don't think it was on purpose.

And no, I wouldn't call you an angel.

And, "Meadon" not "Maydon".