Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3976329)   #426
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cyril it seems has had a bit of a go at Danny for him leaving Renault

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...g-at-ricciardo
Old 15 May 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3976347)   #427
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cyril baby, how's it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Cyril it seems has had a bit of a go at Danny for him leaving Renault

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...g-at-ricciardo
Well Cyril baby, if you had delivered a 'best of the rest' performance for him (as promised, but who am I to rub it in?), maybe he wouldn't have seen a need to leave? Trust me on this, I'm here to help you, the speed of his signing is a message in itself.

By the way, Christian sends his regards.

Old 16 May 2020, 21:25 (Ref:3976669)   #428
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Which driver would Renault try to sign to partner Ocon? Perhaps Bottas or Vettel?
Old 16 May 2020, 22:42 (Ref:3976678)   #429
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Which driver would Renault try to sign to partner Ocon? Perhaps Bottas or Vettel?
As a french team they might try to sign Gasly(obviously if there's no better option).
Old 17 May 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3976696)   #430
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Alonso
Bottas
Hulkenberg
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 17 May 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3976703)   #431
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's nice to get back to discussing what's happening in F1 again. Been so long.

Assuming Ocon stays, it's going to be really interesting who will take the other seat. Could Alonso come back with them? Not impossible. And if Bottas goes there, then who goes to Merc? There are still a lot of unanswered questions that will be addressed as other seats get filled for 2021
Old 17 May 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3976704)   #432
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso is the tip.
He has said he already 'knows' what he is doing racing wise in 2021
Of course rumours have been wrong before....
Old 17 May 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3976731)   #433
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Alonso is the tip.
He has said he already 'knows' what he is doing racing wise in 2021
Of course rumours have been wrong before....
He said that right at the end of the Racer article, which was published on May 6, before the Vettel story broke.

In that article it also says: "Alonso says he will announce his 2021 plans soon, but that an F1 return next year is also unlikely because of the delay in the introduction of new cars."

https://racer.com/2020/05/06/alonso-...kely-for-2021/
Old 8 Jun 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3980822)   #434
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone told me they think Ferrari have signed Sainz because they know he will not give Leclerc as much trouble as Vettel (instead of seeing it as Leclerc giving Vettel trouble as it was phrased before they started together).

That's a fair consideration and it might be the case. In many ways, a championship-contending team's ideal scenario is to hire two very quick drivers, but where one is consistently that bit better than the other. So, you need a number 2 who is good enough to pick up the pieces, but not good enough to trouble the lead driver's own title campaign. That's a tricky one, because we're talking less than tenths of a second here, I would say. Bottas may be the nearest thing to an example of this of the top teams recently, although I would argue he is too inconsistent and actually has peaks that are higher than Hamilton's on certain days and troughs on too many other days. Albon may also fill this role, as he was mightily good at times last year, but often coming from far back, so we have yet to see if he will trouble Verstappen. There may also be too much of a gulf between them to serve this purpose.

Framing this argument in the context of Sebastian Vettel at Mercedes, for Mercedes, I am not sure they have much to gain in this respect. They would only do so if:
- he is better than Bottas, but not as good as Hamilton.
- he is consistently better than Hamilton.

I can somehow imagine it being more of a case of being generally slower, sometimes quicker, sometimes wheel to wheel and with cats among pigeons (and toys out of prams?). It would be box office gold, though, and Mercedes might like it from that angle. It would be Hamilton's chance to prove he is better than Vettel, and for Vettel, who few believe to be better than Hamilton, he doesn't have much to lose out on and plenty to gain (but it would be incredibly tough).
Old 8 Jun 2020, 16:35 (Ref:3980851)   #435
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Framing this argument in the context of Sebastian Vettel at Mercedes, for Mercedes, I am not sure they have much to gain in this respect. They would only do so if:
- he is better than Bottas, but not as good as Hamilton.
- he is consistently better than Hamilton.

I can somehow imagine it being more of a case of being generally slower, sometimes quicker, sometimes wheel to wheel and with cats among pigeons (and toys out of prams?). It would be box office gold, though, and Mercedes might like it from that angle. It would be Hamilton's chance to prove he is better than Vettel, and for Vettel, who few believe to be better than Hamilton, he doesn't have much to lose out on and plenty to gain (but it would be incredibly tough).
That's just about the craziest idea I've read in ages. But you know what, it make infinitely more sense than the (now put away for another few months or so) suggestions that Hamilton should/would/could/might move to Ferrari.

If SV ever gets into a team with Hamilton, I'm buying shares in a popcorn company.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3980974)   #436
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you mean the idea of Vettel to Mercedes is crazy, Greem? My primary point is to ask what Mercedes have to gain. More car sales in Germany with a German driver (very tricky or impossible to measure empircally) I'm not so sure.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3980975)   #437
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Do you mean the idea of Vettel to Mercedes is crazy, Greem? My primary point is to ask what Mercedes have to gain. More car sales in Germany with a German driver (very tricky or impossible to measure empircally) I'm not so sure.
I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek, but seeing as you asked: yes, I do think that's a crazy idea.

It's marginally less crazy than the Hamilton-to-Ferrari suggestions in that Vettel has gone somewhat off the boil and isn't the dominant force he once threatened to be, but most of my previous concerns would remain for both scenarios. In either case it would, as you suggested, be box-office gold but all parties have far more to lose than I feel they would gain.

Either driver could see their career end - consider the fanfare when Vettel moved to Ferrari, what's happened there since, and how during the last 18 months or so he's repeatedly shown cracks in his usually quite personable nature. There's no way on this earth that Hamilton would want that.

And the other way round, Vettel to Mercedes? If he's as washed-up and burned out as he's appeared at Ferrari, there's no way the board would take him. If he suddenly shines so brightly that he hammers Hamilton, there's equally no way the board would take him (and no way Hamilton would, either).

I've been wrong before, and I expect to be again, but I just don't see the inherent risks in either of the possible moves as beneficial to the drivers, teams or sponsors.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3980982)   #438
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Those who think Sainz won't cast any shadow over Leclerc don't seem to have watched him... oh wait.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 06:59 (Ref:3987128)   #439
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
If Vettel goes back to RedBull as seems increasingly likely where does that leave Albon? Back in TR/AT? With Gasly or kivyat down the dole office?
Old 10 Jul 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3987145)   #440
S griffin
Veteran

Be a blow to Albon if that was the case. He certainly seems more comfortable than Gasly was in that seat.

Vettel has said he would say yes to Red Bull, but all that links him is appeared on Red Bull TV. Will be tough alongside Max for him. It would probably bring back memories of 2014 for him. But he's also not ruling out going to Racing Point either
Old 10 Jul 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3987158)   #441
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
If Vettel goes back to RedBull as seems increasingly likely where does that leave Albon? Back in TR/AT? With Gasly or kivyat down the dole office?
Horner rules out Red Bull return for Vettel

'Horner has told Sky Sports F1 that "it is not something we can accomodate" given the faith they have in their present pairing of Alexander Albon and Max Verstappen.

"That is something I think that Sebastian is aware of, in fact I know he is," said Horner.'
Old 10 Jul 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3987159)   #442
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vetel will be in Red Bull next season then!

It is never wise to believe anything Horner says :-)
Old 10 Jul 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3987161)   #443
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe him tbf. Certainly at this moment in time, anyways.

Might be a different story if Albon goes on to have a horror year. Unlikely and, even then, they would surely have more options than just Vettel?
Old 10 Jul 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3987166)   #444
S griffin
Veteran

Vettel is probably just trying to get his name out there with a competitive team. I can’t see it happening quite frankly
Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3987221)   #445
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Teams are now tripping over themselves to tell the world that they don't want Vettel. Even small teams like Racing Point are saying no.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3987224)   #446
S griffin
Veteran

Seems Seb will struggle to get any seat at this rate. I wonder though how much his stock has gone down from being outpaced and outscored considerably by young gun Leclerc last season. And I doubt his performance in his first race would have helped his cause.

With Vettel being dropped either two things would have happened with his performance. He would either with nothing to lose, felt no pressure and gone out and shown us at least something like the Seb who won four titles with RBR. Or he would have let his head drop even more and being completely trounced by his team mate. Sadly it looks like the latter has happened
Old 10 Jul 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3987227)   #447
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He has just made too many mistakes on track. That’s it.

Nobody wants someone who spins off or crashes at every third Grand Prix.

His career can survive being outpaced by a youngster. It can’t withstand his transformation into Andrea de Cesaris.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 23:04 (Ref:3987314)   #448
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
His career can survive being outpaced by a youngster. It can’t withstand his transformation into Andrea de Cesaris.
Pastor Maldovettel?
Old 11 Jul 2020, 00:47 (Ref:3987320)   #449
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Pastor Maldovettel?
Nah, Pastor at least brought cash to fix what he broke.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 07:06 (Ref:3987344)   #450
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He has just made too many mistakes on track. That’s it.

Nobody wants someone who spins off or crashes at every third Grand Prix.

The mistakes are part of his poor performances. It's a combination of things why he's not exactly high on team's shortlist for 2021