Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3987273)   #26
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Tbf if Red Bull aren't handily outpacing a year old car then they should really question themselves.

Problem is, you do not only need to outpace them,you need to outpace them with such a margin that you still clear them after your pitstop. Otherwise you end up losing time behind the satellite car after your stop.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3987286)   #27
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Ferrari really need last years car and next years drivers.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 20:42 (Ref:3987296)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
As this is the second consecutive race weekend at the same circuit, couldn't they have called it the Poly-Styrian Grand Prix?

I'll see myself out.
I've forwarded your info to F1 management as the new authority in naming all future GP. Get your thinking cap on for something good at Mugello for Ferrari.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 20:55 (Ref:3987301)   #29
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Looks like Ferrari really need last years car and next years drivers.
Ferrari need last years engine.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 00:48 (Ref:3987321)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Or at least last year's rules from the FIA.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 02:00 (Ref:3987329)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Ferrari powered teams need last years engine.

Richard
Old 11 Jul 2020, 07:03 (Ref:3987343)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Vettel says he feels the updates are an improvement. Let's see if he can improve

Already looking like Racing Point will be up there again. Second week running someone takes a grid penalty for overtaking under yellows, this time it's Lando.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3987347)   #33
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Or at least last year's rules from the FIA.
they need the engine without the 2nd fuel flow meter
Old 11 Jul 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3987356)   #34
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free practice 3 start delayed indefinitely due to the conditions.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3987358)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bad weather was forecast, so it does look like times set in FP2 could be used to determine the grid, unless there is Sunday qualifying.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3987359)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can they have a go Sunday morning?

Although the grid looks fun as it is
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3987361)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

There is mention of potential qualifying on Sunday in Motorsport.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...paign=widget-1
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3987362)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

The plan is to get qualy done today even if FP3 does not get started.
The options if qualy cant happen today is 10.00am tomorrow morning.... if that cant happen grid will be set on FP2 times. Unlikely it will get to that stage though as forecast is clear for Sunday all day.

Last time we had Sunday qualy was USGP 2015, before that Aus in 2013 and before that Japan in 2010 and again in 2004.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3987363)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Weather seems better tomorrow.

While the rain might ease today, it looks like there is no stopping.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:35 (Ref:3987365)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
These are the times from FP2 and it would have made for an interesting grid.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/result...ian-gp/?st=FP2
Old 11 Jul 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3987371)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FP3 officially cancelled.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3987377)   #42
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA just confirmed that unless the weather improves dramatically, qualifying will be held tomorrow morning at 10am local time. If qualifying cannot go ahead, then the times from free practice two will set the grid. Race to go ahead at the scheduled time.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3987380)   #43
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
F1 managing to pack in a lot of story lines into these Austria races.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3987381)   #44
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone pin-point the date F1 decided to stop racing in the wet?
Old 11 Jul 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3987382)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The density of the fog is preventing the medical helicopter from taking off..so its more about that then the actual rain.

There might have been an earlier race, but i think i first learned of this requirement during the 2017 (?) Chinese gp.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3987383)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I believe the first time that happened was decades ago. Sid Watkins introduced the requirement of the helicopter.

He was such a wet blanket
Old 11 Jul 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3987384)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Hehe

The camera helicopter is flying around and SC now out.

Looks like they are trying to make it happen.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3987386)   #48
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Hehe

The camera helicopter is flying around and SC now out.

Looks like they are trying to make it happen.
They won't.
The start has been postponed indefinitely. There will be a 5 minute warning if/when things will go underway.

They're just going to wait and wait and wait ... and then decide to not do it after all.
That's nice for the fans, you know.

--
F1 and clear decision making don't often go hand in hand.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3987387)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada

Yeah drivers getting out of the cars now.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3987388)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Lunch with Sid Watkins describes how important he thought medical helicopters were and how he pushed for them to always be available in 1979.

In his book Life at the Limit (p89) he describes how practice was delayed at Silverstone in 1985 because of the weather and how helicopters could be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prof
Suddenly Bernie, e,edging from under a large dripping umbrella, appeared int eh Stewards’ Room and demanded ‘Why aren’t we starting practice?’ I replied that we did not have a medical helicopter there - hence the delay
and that is just the beginning of the story...

Read the book it’s great and the man is a legend.