Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Nov 2002, 02:13 (Ref:426788)   #1
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
You be Sir Frank Williams!

Here is your chance! You are now Sir Frank Williams. You realize you have a legitimate shot to unseat Michael/Ferrari as WDC/WCC, but you can concentrate your effort on only one driver: Schumi Lite or JPM. Which do you pick, and why?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:25 (Ref:426799)   #2
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who: JPM
Why: Because what he achieved on his first two F1 years.

Last edited by Speed; 12 Nov 2002 at 03:32.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:31 (Ref:426801)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who: Give Ralph the boot and hire Jacques for 2004 (when FW will really have the shot at WDC/WCC)

Why: Because what HE achieved in HIS first two F1 years!
(you all forgot didn't you)
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:33 (Ref:426802)   #4
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
Not to mention you know you all want to see two REAL racers fight it out for the title!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:36 (Ref:426804)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV/JPM, terrific combo !!!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:41 (Ref:426805)   #6
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
And you know Frank likes the idea too!
Hey it could happen (fingers crossed). Just hope BMW doesn't decide to mess it all up and go off on their own. Biggest mistake they could make as far as I'm concerned. Buliding an engine is one thing...FW and crew have been working on chassis' for decades! It would set BMW back at least 5 years of being in any part of a championship.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 03:44 (Ref:426806)   #7
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You be Sir Micheal Caine.
Do you star in an epic war film or an artsy romance film?
Old 12 Nov 2002, 04:04 (Ref:426810)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who: Nigel Mansell. Guts, grit and determination. Oh, you mean of TODAY'S stars...er... I'll get back to you on that.

Ok...

Who: Giancarlo Fisichella (by sacking TGF Lite).
Why: He's a World Champion in the making, but has NEVER had a car worthy of his talents.

As for Michael Caine, epic war film please.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 04:11 (Ref:426813)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: You be Sir Frank Williams!

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Here is your chance! You are now Sir Frank Williams.
Gee!! Thanks.
Goodbye Ralf.

Patrick, get that Davidson fellow on the line - but don't tell him too much!! His father is a hard case to negotiate with.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 08:21 (Ref:426880)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The whole point is that Frank will not concentrate his efforts on one driver.

I predict both will race each other all year and taking enough points of each other so that Michael wins. Oh well.

A lot of people in this thread have just chosen another driver. I don't think that this is what John had in mind! Concentrating on one driver does not mean hiring another equal to partner whoever. Although it is more likely that Frank would do this than put all his efforts behind one driver.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 09:20 (Ref:426900)   #11
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Who: Give Ralph the boot and hire Jacques for 2004 (when FW will really have the shot at WDC/WCC)

Why: Because what HE achieved in HIS first two F1 years!
(you all forgot didn't you)
You'd be spot on TeddyG.

Villeneuve would eat the German alive!

Tye
Old 12 Nov 2002, 10:12 (Ref:426916)   #12
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In two separate interviews recently (Damon Hill & Rossi the biker) there were comments that in F1 there are only three drivers that matter - TGF JPM & Jacques - for the purposes of this thread Frank already has one under contract : QED
Old 12 Nov 2002, 10:17 (Ref:426918)   #13
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The choice is irrelevant, becuase either way the chosen driver would end up second at the end of the year. Which is exactly what they achieved this year without a choice!!!!!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 11:18 (Ref:426941)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Who.....JPM
Why.....That goes without saying doesn't it?
Old 12 Nov 2002, 12:35 (Ref:426992)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Actually, it would be murder to put JPM and JV together. Remember JV tried to strangle JPM last year? So what are you guys suggesting?
Old 12 Nov 2002, 12:43 (Ref:427003)   #16
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well I think most here are wrong !
I would concentrate on both drivers and mainly saying that team work and in that Patrick head
Ralf and jpm are the best current driver pairing with themost powerful motor
team work and understanding will get the better out of these to great drivers something that Patrick Head MUST understand!!
ith team coheartion ( sorry about the spelling ) WDC/MC will come and fast
pitting two great drivers such as these Will not work
maybe in the 80's it would but not in todays Modern F1
all of this season's on track stuff ups can lie on Patrick Head shoulders not the best driving line up F1 has to offer
Ralf is level headed and just as fast as jpm
jpm is ballsie and just as fast as Ralf
Patrick Head is brillant BUT is showning a large amount of
mismangement
this is the problem I would solve if I was MR Willams
Old 12 Nov 2002, 12:55 (Ref:427010)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I would boot both, or keep both. Neither have what it takes (at the moment) to beat Michael without a superior car. Ralf is'nt aggressive enough, and Monty lacks the mental strength and consistancy to take it to Michael over 16 races.

I'd go for Fisi and Kimi if these 2 were gone. At least you'd get the constructors.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 13:58 (Ref:427049)   #18
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Adam: I did not ask "who do you sack?" I asked "Who do you concentrate on?" The sack part is a different thread!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 14:03 (Ref:427053)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Mark Webber, welcome to the Forum. I think you make a good point as well. There have to be better tactical decisions from within the team.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 15:51 (Ref:427107)   #20
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Wrex, I don't accept Michael's a markedly superior driver to JPM. I do think Montoya is actually good enough to win in a toe to toe with the man, in fact if their cars were even I'd say it'd be one of the better battles to watch for a while. I couldn't say who was better but I feel confidant they're pretty damn closely matched in ability.

But I'd concentrate on JPM if I had to choose, and it's not an easy call. Ralf is quick, undeniable. He wouldn't have the seat if he wasn't, there's plenty of other german talents out there that could take the possie, but he's obviously quick enough to compete with Montoya but I believe Montoya is simply a more capable, faster driver even if his race craft is perfect, though it's getting better.

So I'd not fire Ralf and concentrate on Pablo. Ralf would be good enough to use the same machinery to get podiums behind MS and JPM and occassionally ahead.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 16:51 (Ref:427133)   #21
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After this season I would say JPM. He had 7 poles and raced much harder than RS, he also finished in front of him. There would be no logic behind backing RS. I have to admit that RS is one of the harder drivers to overtake. That could be even better for JPM; use RS as the blocker!!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 17:41 (Ref:427159)   #22
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also concentrate on JP, if I had to choose. We are all aware that Ralf has some issues when it comes to (not)racing his brother.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 18:23 (Ref:427187)   #23
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not get Gené up in the #4 (or #3) Williams?
Old 12 Nov 2002, 18:41 (Ref:427200)   #24
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would go for montoya because his driving style is what f1 is and should be all about right on the ragged edge twined with his success in cart,indy 500 and f3000 the fans would be rolling in and buying my teams merchandise oh nearly forgot I also had a phone call from MR.E!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 21:15 (Ref:427310)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to see Patrick Head behind the wheel of the car, if he could fit.