Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 30 Apr 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1598183)   #1
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BSB Oulton

Byrne has been looking good all weekend, but it's Haslam on pole from Harris and Lavilla! The two Suzukis are 4th and 5th and Kiyonari is 13th!

Qualifying times here...

Also, it appears Sean Emmett has disappeared from the scene. Anyone know any more?
Old 1 May 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1598706)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be interesting to see if anyone can hold onto the back of the 2 Airwaves Ducati's today, at Thruxton they both simply got into the lead and pulled clear of everyone else. Still, im hopeful that my local team Rizla Suzuki can give them a run for their money!
Old 1 May 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1598791)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Byrne ran Lavilla close all race, held the lead for 3 laps but Greg passed him at Shell and held on for a close victory. Rizla are right back on the pace, great to see!
Old 1 May 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1598929)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All in all a good afternoons Superbike racing, the 2nd Superbike race was a bit of a dissapointment though IMO. Still, great performance by Shakey to manage 2 podiums this weekend when you consider his current health issues.
Old 1 May 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1599020)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinks its a bit disappointing as the GP arces were last year, you kind of know who is gonna win!

But this was hte first race in my view that someone really put up a straight fight to Greg and that was Karl Harris, I was dubious about Honda putting him on the works bike but have to say that today I ate my words, he was superb!

Also to Shakey who apprently was on an intravenous drip due to a massive tummy bug, was knackered after both arces and neraly managed two podiums, great results for both guys and hopefully from now on the Lavilla monotony might get broken up a bit, like the GP races have been!
Old 2 May 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1599231)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Nearly managed 2 podiums? Strange, I thought Byrne got a 2nd and a 3rd yesterday.
Old 2 May 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1599335)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It depends, Byrne shoved someone off the track on the last lap, which mean that he (Who's name escapes me atm) straight-lined the chicane, and was penalised a position, putting Byrne back in third, but if it is judged that Byrne's move was silly he'll get teh position back.
Old 3 May 2006, 07:27 (Ref:1599860)   #8
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It happened right in front of me, very difficult to point the finger of blame, they got together coming into the chicane and both overshot it. I thought Rea did well to think so quickly and keep it on the grass, everyone else that afternoon went down the slip road through the "chicanes". In the end they gave a one second penalty to Byrne and a two second penalty to Rea which put Byrne on the podium and Rea in 4th. Unlucky for Rea as he rode well but he'll get there.

Great weekend, only downside was that it took well over an hour to get out the car park.....
Old 5 May 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1601255)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I felt the penalty was unfair - Johnny Rea didn't really have anywhere else to go once Shaky crowded him. Truth is that both riders richly deserved a podium finish though. What Shaky achieved under those circumstances was awesome, hoepfully this will herald an improvement in his overall form. I see Haydon is still crashing on a regular basis.
Old 5 May 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1601298)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Boots, how on earth does this guy get a contract year after year on the best bikes!

Oh its teh Aiwa money isnt it, forgive me and his media friendsly persona and rather attractive lady!!

Seriously was reading an interview with him in RPM in 93 and he was trotting out the "yes ive had a few crashes but thats all behind me now tosh"

How can guys like him get rides yet far more talented riders like Dennis Hobbs, Buckingham (who admittedly crashed the hell out of a Rizla bike last year!) and the like struggle on.

Is it money the likes of Haydon, Plater, Dean thomas bring. Oh and Gary Mason, Dean Ellison and one or two others!!