Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 13 Jun 2003, 06:10 (Ref:630232)   #1
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
Lee Yue Yang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing In Australia

Hello guys.I'm interested to know more about racing in Australia.How many of you guys race there?Also,can you guys recommend a good club to join if I'm interested in FF and which state should I go to?Thanks a million.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:08 (Ref:630250)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Lee,

This sounds like one for David Patterson.

BTW. You are not that far from KL. Is the old Subang track still in use? Do they have a race school? Is there a race school at Sepang?

As I recall a flight is pretty cheap and short from Changi to KL. You may find that's your best opening to start with.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:11 (Ref:630251)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G'day Lee,
Each state has it's own Formula Ford Association. The state level competition is quite strong in NSW and Victoria and growing in Qld. If you were planning to do the National Series, you're better off being based in Sydney or Melbourne so as to cut down on travel costs. Alternatively, doing Formula Vee at State level would be vastly cheaper.

Some useful links may be found at www.qrda.asn.au or www.cams.com.au
Old 13 Jun 2003, 07:39 (Ref:630271)   #4
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
I don't know about Subang but I don't think that Sepang has a race school.
Thanks David for the information.Can you quote the prices for a season in each series excluding the cost of the car?And how much would a new FF or F Vee cost me?What about storage and transportation?Thanks for your time.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 10:22 (Ref:630387)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lee,

Perhaps if you look at the websites given by David you'll see what he's talking about. I've no doubt contact numbers etc. will be there.

I still think you'd be better investigating Malaysia as its on your doorstep.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 15:46 (Ref:630624)   #6
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
Ok Peter.I'll ask around to see if anyone knows anything about race schools in Malaysia.Thanks for the advice.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 02:32 (Ref:632518)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A competitive Formula Vee would cost about $10K - $20K to buy. A full season at State level would cost about the same amount.

The FF Australia website would have costings on a season at State level or National level in FF. They would also have links to cars for sale or lease.