Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3949428)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
THRUXTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL

Historic Promotions (Think MRL) organised event. Includes MRL grids, Dunlop Saloon Car Cup, HRDC and GTSCC.

Revised Dates
Old 2 Jan 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3949486)   #2
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTSCC at Thruxton is an enticing thought. Cobras, TVRs and E types storming up the hill to the chicane..... Nice!
Old 23 Jun 2020, 22:49 (Ref:3983471)   #3
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Thruxton Historic has apparently been rearranged for August 15th and 16th with races for RAC Woodcote Trophy and Stirling Moss Trophy, HTCC, GTSCC, Pre 1963 GTs, HRDC's selection of races and a Pre War Sports Car race according to Autosport. No news on whether or not spectators are allowed.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3983499)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got the e mails yesterday.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 07:37 (Ref:3983503)   #5
Mike Crow
Racer

This has the makings of a great weekend. Thruxton, sunny days, snorting Cobras and E types. Of such things dreams are assembled
Old 24 Jun 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3983507)   #6
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
For me it just needs a field of Formula Two or Formula 5000s. At least I have the memories....Reminds me I must scan a few more to post on Baubles Picture Parade !
Old 24 Jun 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3983518)   #7
Mike Crow
Racer

[QUOTE=GCCheddaris;3983507]For me it just needs a field of Formula Two or Formula 5000s. At least I have the memories....Reminds me I must scan a few more to post on Baubles Picture Parade ![/QUOTE
One day maybe. Easter Monday Thruxton was a highlight of the year. Huge crowds, Red Arrows displaying. Massive traffic jams. Results even made it to the BBC sports bulletins.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3983545)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup happy days. Those F5000s were a real handful through Allard.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3983592)   #9
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Crow;3983518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
For me it just needs a field of Formula Two or Formula 5000s. At least I have the memories....Reminds me I must scan a few more to post on Baubles Picture Parade ![/QUOTE
One day maybe. Easter Monday Thruxton was a highlight of the year. Huge crowds, Red Arrows displaying. Massive traffic jams. Results even made it to the BBC sports bulletins.
We did have a brief return of F2's and F5000's around 6/7 years ago with the Easter revival but it fizzled out sadly.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3983625)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
25 years ago I raced in the F2 race.My car fizzled out that day as well. Grrrr. I would love to go back with the march 79B sometime.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3983655)   #11
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Wasn't that the Historic Superprix in 1994 ? You were driving a Wheatcroft R18 if I remember rightly Iain which as you say didn't last too long. A lovely hot and sunny day unfortunately too hot for quite a few of the cars.

justracing mentioned the return of the Derek Bell Trophy at the Easter Revival meetings the last of which was in 2015. Michael Lyons gave a superb display in his Hesketh 308E lapping under 1:08 and lapping all bar one car. The only car not to be lapped was a March 79B driven by Richard Evans so should there be a suitable race you certainly have the right car Iain.
Old 25 Jun 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3983733)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Rover still awaits its replacement fuel cell. The MGB is ready to go so GTSCC is a possibility but I'd need to share it. Also the HTP is still sitting in the MSAUK offices because they have furloughed everyone.
Old 28 Jun 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3984317)   #13
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://thruxtonracing.co.uk/racing/historic

Hopefully
Old 28 Jun 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3984322)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
With the cancellation of the Goodwood Revival this could well be the highlight of the year although tickets are not on sale as yet. Could be a busy time ahead with the Superprix and Masters at Brands as well, hopefully as you say!
Old 28 Jun 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3984366)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We do have a FF2000 race at Dijon this weekend but at present I do not have any customers wishing to go. Very tempted to find something to race at Thruxton.As there are no single seaters my first thought is the Westminster. Gosh I would have to hang on at Church.Will have to see how the next few weeks go as far as funds allow.
Old 28 Jun 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3984368)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hang on just looked and there is a Jack Sears race. Well its a no brainier then.
Old 28 Jun 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3984372)   #17
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Sounds good Iain ! Just a shame us spectators can't get as far as Church ....
Old 29 Jun 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3984444)   #18
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The Rover still awaits its replacement fuel cell. The MGB is ready to go so GTSCC is a possibility but I'd need to share it. Also the HTP is still sitting in the MSAUK offices because they have furloughed everyone.
So if when the car was inspected the MUK/FIA number sticker was put on the car you have the HTP number, by going to the FIA website you can see if the HTP has been approved and thus its FIA number.
On this basis you can show the car has an HTP but not physically.
On the basis this is meant to be a sport, actually arguably only a game, and fun any organiser/scrutineer will surely accept this and let you run.
Old 29 Jun 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3984446)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Jeremy. I didn't realise you could look it up on the website. I'll try that.

And welcome back. Long time no see.

Edit: Just found it in the very long list.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 29 Jun 2020 at 09:14.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3984815)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional timetable. https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/t...oric-920an.pdf
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3984819)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
But still no spectator tickets on sale
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:52 (Ref:3984829)   #22
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
But still no spectator tickets on sale
BARC HQ is only partially re-opened, hopefully the ticketing staff will return soon.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3984882)   #23
Mike Crow
Racer

Just bought a ticket over the phone. Things are looking up!
Old 1 Jul 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3984892)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Just bought a ticket over the phone. Things are looking up!
I'll give it a try
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:45 (Ref:3984926)   #25
brands
Veteran

After going on the Thruxton website I used the chat facility and was told they are still awaiting clarification from the authorities (?) before offering to sell tickets.

I can wait......