Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3875667)   #501
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Dubai Autodrome is a very good circuit. Very similar to the Algarve. I don't know if they had the same designer.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3875669)   #502
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The Dubai Autodrome is a very good circuit. Very similar to the Algarve. I don't know if they had the same designer.
I was watching the live coverage yesterday but as it was dark the layout wasn’t very clear! #88 Audi still leading with 1hr 20 to go....
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3875671)   #503
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First corner is downhill right hander leading to another right hander before a tight left. There's an uphill left hander, with a couple of hairpins etc. Not exactly the same. But very similar challenges.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3875675)   #504
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Finished work early today . Mrs Delta taking me to Motown Musical show in London . Very excited .
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3875677)   #505
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cool. Enjoy.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3875685)   #506
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Birkett 2011;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6958.JPG   IMG_7225.JPG  
Old 12 Jan 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3875689)   #507
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a massive archive of pictures from 2007 to 2018 all on my Google web site, however, there is no way to display them other than album by album.

I must have a lot of pictures of some of you particularly if you raced at Silverstone, my home circuit, a few from Donington, Snett, Goodwood MM73 and on DVD Revival.
I am happy to provide access to these if you can identify a meeting you raced at. A lot of HSCC, VSCC, AMOC, some 750MC, MGCC, etc. plus BTCC, GT, GP.

For example.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9uUnAGNpyRx82Qxv6

Bauwb.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3875692)   #508
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, any opportunity to find a Corvette C2, # 46, 2007, Silverstone, CER grid, supporting race of Le Mans series. Drivers Gerard Mohammed, Hervé Mahmoud Dumas… Just in case you already had also "colored" pictures, car is grey, strip is white.
All U can find on the net is said Silverstone showing Nürbur instead… Or Monza winner, when I "just" lost a conrod entering the first variante…

Try with this one http://www.euromontagna.com/makes.ph...=Corvette%20C2

Last edited by Gerard C; 12 Jan 2019 at 11:59. Reason: A good one!
Old 12 Jan 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3875717)   #509
bauble
Veteran

England
Sorry Gerard, no pics of your Corvette, as I was obviously not at that meeting.

But I did find Brian while looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph TR3a Brian Arculus.jpg   IMG_3248.jpg   IMG_3231.jpg  

Old 12 Jan 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3875741)   #510
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bob, any opportunity to find a Corvette C2, # 46, 2007, Silverstone, CER grid, supporting race of Le Mans series. Drivers Gerard Mohammed, Hervé Mahmoud Dumas… Just in case you already had also "colored" pictures, car is grey, strip is white.
All U can find on the net is said Silverstone showing Nürbur instead… Or Monza winner, when I "just" lost a conrod entering the first variante…

Try with this one http://www.euromontagna.com/makes.ph...=Corvette%20C2
Guess who was there and does have a few pictures Are you the driver with the green full face helmet or the white open face one before I post anything later?
Old 12 Jan 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3875743)   #511
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Anorak fact, courtesy of CCW- Phil Collins owned a restored A35, and it’s being auctioned by Coys today in Germany......
Funny that, the guy selling my old A35 hasn’t named me as a previous owner???
Old 12 Jan 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3875746)   #512
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Funny that, the guy selling my old A35 hasn’t named me as a previous owner???
Should have practiced a bit harder on the drums, Cliff!

Passed my MOT today, with no advisories, so good to go for another couple of years at least!
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3875762)   #513
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well done fella .
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3875763)   #514
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Guess who was there and does have a few pictures
Alfaholic may be you make my day and week! If we're talking about this C2 # 46, I was wearing a BSI compliant open face white helmet as you suggest. Bleu, blanc, rouge stripes, my first name on it. And no, the radio was not connected…
Discovering this fantastic track with almost 600 hp under the pedal let you some memories. All in all it was a good weekend with a lot of brake issues, common with this car unfortunately.
Anything you have, even in the pits, will be greatly appreciated of course.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3875766)   #515
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here you go then Gerard, the two shots I have of you from the meeting...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Herve Dumas & Gerard Cayeux - Chevrolet Corvette (1).JPG
Views:	11
Size:	950.1 KB
ID:	52404 Click image for larger version

Name:	Herve Dumas & Gerard Cayeux - Chevrolet Corvette (2).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	52405
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3875767)   #516
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alfaholic, maybe you have something around this meeting by chance?
https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gall...Mk2-73959.html
I ask because on this particular pic, there are two Alfas. The yellow GTAM registered in Pavie Italy PV-23-47-49 I discovered two years later to belong to someone posting frequently here! Hiring the garage close to ours, I was "the guy next door"!
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3875769)   #517
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho thank you so much, I was writing when you sent the pictures. Till now, I could find no picture from this meeting, the last of the championship. We had to finish first GT in the annual classification to get an entry at Le Mans Classic. She's so nice and look tiny on a wide track. Really moving for me. See the bonnet adjustment? On your pics it looks almost closed… Thank you again.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3875770)   #518
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Sorry Gerard, but I'm a just a spectator at the UK circuits, and nothing from the major events such as Silverstone Classic or Goodwood as they just don't interest me. I much prefer the club racing side of things, but I have been to quite a few of the Masters events at Brands, Donington,, etc.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3875773)   #519
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Congratulations, I see the drivers' names are captioned et bien orthographiés. A real pro job, I'm serious. I could show you some pictures I paid for just because no one else did them, its a pure shame… Having been there only once I can't figure out where those were taken. And the track has been changed since if I'm correct?
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3875778)   #520
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Passed my MOT today, with no advisories, so good to go for another couple of years at least!
Nice one
Old 12 Jan 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3875779)   #521
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
For you Alfaholics!
Attached Thumbnails
D4S_9106_w.jpg  

Last edited by Gerard C; 12 Jan 2019 at 21:03.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3875780)   #522
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Congratulations, I see the drivers' names are captioned et bien orthographiés. A real pro job, I'm serious. I could show you some pictures I paid for just because no one else did them, its a pure shame… Having been there only once I can't figure out where those were taken. And the track has been changed since if I'm correct?
Thank you for the compliments. I'm not too sure where the first picture was taken - possibly on the exit of Copse or soemewhere around the old Abbey corner area. The second shot was definately taken at Luffield - the bit of track (the old pit entry?) where the cones are has now been dug up and covered in grass.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3875782)   #523
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember to be late for the first Qualy following a rear brake disc change in a "French" hurry. I was wandering right in the middle of nowhere when a nice guy on a scooter showed me the right way to access the track. Without his help, I'd probably still be there mowing the lawn!
Sometimes experience can help, last year my friend Jean Marc was at the Classic but I had been warning him about that. From some paddocks to the track its good to use either a native or a satellite device…
Old 12 Jan 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3875785)   #524
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be Mike can tell the forum name of the GTAM driver. Country is Holland or is it Belgium? Nice bloke! Too young for this stuff I find…
Old 12 Jan 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3875786)   #525
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Gerard, I've not seen that Alfa GTAM before - and I know that I'd have taken a whole load of pictures of something that 'wild' and wonderful (I'm no expert on the model, I just happen to have owned the 164, 145 & 156 Sportwagon versions in the past).

And I've worked out that the first picture would have been taken on the exit of Club corner at the start of the run down to the old Abbey chicane.