Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:06 (Ref:829983)   #1
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Jean Jacques-His?

I Know he wasnt put incharge of renault's new "normal angle" engine and that Rob White has now taken his place.. what has now happined to this one time engine genius???
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:12 (Ref:829986)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did he go to work on Ferrari road engines? I am unsure, time for a quick Google search...

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Jan 2004 at 23:14.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:16 (Ref:829991)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems so: http://www.planet-f1.com/Teams/_2002...ry_11861.shtml

Just to clarify this. Is the general engine plan at Renault.

Abandon 111deg (Jean Jacques His development)
2004: 72deg loosely based on old Renault design (Bernard Dudot)
2005: All new 90deg engine (this is what White is working on).

The 72deg engine is a stop gap because the decision to abandon the 111deg engine was left quite late?

I'm afraid I am a bit sketchy on the details, but that is what I can piece together. Is it remotely right?

For those interested here is a brief summary of the man http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/cref-hisjea.html

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Jan 2004 at 23:21.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:46 (Ref:830020)   #4
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where he is working now? i really hope it isnt in a road car division somewhere.... Considering how much people rubbished his 'wide' engine it still won a gp.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:52 (Ref:830026)   #5
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Ferrari statement read: "The Ferrari Maserati Group today announced that, effect from June 3rd 2003, Jean-Jacques His will be in charge of the Granturismo Engine Department for the development of engines destined to the road-going cars."

1st link from Adams post right down last paragraph I think it was says it all I reckon
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:53 (Ref:830030)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Nizmo32_josh
i really hope it isnt in a road car division somewhere....
They're good road road cars though!
Old 7 Jan 2004, 18:30 (Ref:830788)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
From todays Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...equestid=22443

It says that yesterday Rob White was appointted "technical director in charge of engine matters"
Old 8 Jan 2004, 20:48 (Ref:831974)   #8
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I may be thick but where does that leave Dudot?

His goes and 'Do Do' takes over. So is White now doing what 'Do Do' was if so what is 'Do Do' now doing.

Was the quick appointment of Dudot all a plan to ditch His and the wide angle thing quickly and they are now playing 'catch up' and settling the whole thing down.

Looks that way to me.

Or, are people about the follow Mike Gascoyne now their three month notice period is up and it's shaking more under the surface than we realise?
Old 8 Jan 2004, 21:55 (Ref:832045)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny though, to walk away from F1 because your concept is ultimately trashed, to step back down the ladder of motorsport to do road car engines...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Jan 2004, 22:00 (Ref:832056)   #10
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He probably didn't have any choice.

F1 is not a patient sport - if you can't deliver the goods you're toast.

Also, you don't know what conversations went on behind the scenes - sometimes you can just have enough and want a fresh start.
Old 8 Jan 2004, 22:21 (Ref:832074)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So bring him to Cosworth... they could use all the help they can get....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Jan 2004, 15:03 (Ref:832719)   #12
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His was pushed for sure.
Or to be more acurate he was obliged to change his mind about which engine path to follow and chose to leave.
I think it abit odd that they are making a stopgap 75 degree engine.Sure it's nice to be able to design the new 90 degree unit with plenty of planning time but do they really think that the hastily put together 75 degre engine will outperform the wide vee/car combo they had last year??
The only thing i can think of is that they had to design a new car anyway...because the wide vee car was built to cope with the strong vibes of the engine -so they should spend this year getting the lighter built car ready for the new engine and beyond.
A weird theory but i read some good technical papers once of f1 car vibration and how to deal with it.Also one of the renault customer team bosses(pollock?) said once that they were coping with designing the car for an engine that vibrates with a force of 200 g's(or did he say 500?).